Green Eternity: Lost and Running

five.

Scarlett’s POV

I was pacing up and down in the clearing by the haunted house, Akearin had told me that it was very important that I come here; maybe he was trying to get me out of the house?
I haven’t really been able to forgive him since he pulled that stunt on me back in the bedroom 44 days ago, I think Jeph must’ve thought I did something with Akearin, or something really stupid like that, because right after that happened he and his friends left, never to be seen again.
I, of course, was heartbroken, I think Jeph and I really had a connection.
But for some reason emotions didn’t stick around, all except one – love, tragic romantic I am, but you get that.
For the past 44 days I’ve been sitting at home watching television and eating whatever food Akearin forced down my neck, he hadn’t left my side since Jeph left.
I didn’t know vampires cared for their victims before killing them; maybe he was fattening me up?
My skin prickled and somewhat melted from shock of sunlight, I was white, to say the least.
I wouldn’t dare take my sunglasses off; my eyes were already watering; now I see how Akearin must feel.
My whole body was overcome with an immense case of tingles; it felt kinda cool though so I didn’t think anything of it.
Figuring Akearin wont mind if I snooze on the job I propped myself up against a tree trunk and rested my eyes.

Jeph’s POV

Tree’s surrounded me, very familiar trees; my heart skipped a beat as the thought of Scarlett sped through my mind.
A twig snapped behind me, I jumped and twirled around to face yet again those blue eyes that made me want to forget.
“Fancy meeting you here Jeph!” Akearin through his arms out wide and jingled with excitement.
My jaw dropped open, was I really here? If Akearin was here that should surely mean that
“Scarlett” her name escaped from my lips.
I immediately regretted saying her name; Akearin’s eyes flashed red as he licked his lips.
Noticing this was kind of freaking me out Akearin stopped and covered his eyes with his sunglasses, still as big as ever.
“She’s here Jeph, she wont be expecting you, be careful” Akearin stepped aside to let me past.
A wide smile spread across my face as my spirits picked up, my feet crunching the leaves into the ground.
“You have purpose Jeph” Akearin softly said as I travelled further and further away from him and closer to Scarlett.
I have purpose, I have Scarlett, this is possibly the best dream ever.
I stopped and shook my head, never wanting to think that word ever again.
My whole body started to tingle and I could tell I was getting closer.
The thick clustering trees began to thin out and I could see a sea of green just metres ahead.
I shielded my eyes from the light as I stepped out into the clearing, Scarlett, where is she?
My heart raced as I laid eyes on her for the first time since the bedroom, she was sitting up against a tree, sunglasses on, sleeping?
She stirred as soon as my mind thought that thought.
She lifted her sunglasses off her eyes and stared in awe at me.
“Jeph!” She squealed and ran over to me.
In a matter of seconds I was engulfed by her smell, her touch, Scarlett.
Bliss.
We rolled around on the ground for what seemed like hours, hugging, kissing, laughing, I love her.
As we pulled apart I sensed that she really had no idea that this was just a dream, or maybe she was something I made up? I’ve really got to stop thinking about this, I’m happy for now, that’s all I should be thinking about.
I sat next to her in the shade of an ancient looking tree; my heart grew fonder of her every second that we enjoyed in comfortable silence.
“Why did you leave Jeph?”
I was a bit taken back by the question, how could she think that I’d wilfully leave her?
“The uh, guys and I had to leave quickly to uh go on tour, my phone died so I couldn’t call you” I bit my lip, was it right to lie to myself?
“Oh” her face fell.
“Is that all?” she shook her head and looked down at the ground.
“Did you think I left for another reason?”
She laughed quietly to her self, obviously taking herself back to the last moment she saw me.
“For some weird reason, I thought you left because you thought Akearin and I did something together”
I felt the blood drain from my face.
“You did something together?”
“No, Jeph, No, we didn’t” her mood changed dramatically as she pleaded with me.
“It’s okay, I trust you” I smiled and leant over to kiss her on the forehead.
She stretched out on the ground and began to hum to herself, drawing circles on my back.
The sun bore down on us and began to burn my skin, her pale face becoming redder and redder by the second; did she not feel the sun?
“Do you want to get out of here Scarlett? Drive down the coast somewhere, escape for a while?”
She propped herself up on one arm to look at me.
“Sure, I’d love to Jepharee” she grinned and jumped to her feet.
I wish I had more time to spend with Scarlett, I didn’t know how long I’d been asleep, what if I woke up and left Scarlett wondering where I’d gone. I had to savour every moment of this, I had to make her happy, if she’s happy I’m happy, I’m making myself happy?
I wanted enough time to get to know her better, I want to touch her again, I can’t cope with this being just a dream, am I crazy?
“Earth to Jeph” Scarlett waved her hand around in front of my face.
“Oh yes, sorry, lead the way?” I smiled as I got up and followed her.
I followed Scarlett for a few metres before we were in the shade of the Haunted House; it looked surprisingly normal in the daylight, very un-haunted.
Scarlett paused by the spot where we first sat and danced, and kissed. She bent down for a second and stood back up, turning around and walking over to me she stretched out her hand.
“Jeph, this is a token of my love for you” she came inches away from my face waving around a small flower.
I took it from her and marvelled at its perfection, so small, so delicate, much like Scarlett. This was my Scarlett flower.
I reached around my neck and undid the clasp on my necklace, offering it to Scarlett.
Her eyes softened as she reached out to accept my token of love for her.
I had that necklace for a few years now; it had been left to me in my grandmothers will, a small angel. Scarlett was my angel, all mine.
She fastened the necklace around her neck and smiled at me before turning around to walk back to her car.

Time had passed since we started driving, wherever she lived was spectacular. We were already down on the coast and heading south. The music wasn’t too loud and Scarlett was tapping her fingers on the steering wheel and singing along.
“Where are we off to?” I queried.
“I have no idea my love, feel like a walk?”
“Sure why not”
And we lapsed into silence again.
Within a matter of minutes Scarlett had pulled over to the side of the road and jumped out, taking her lead I too jumped out.
“Welcome to paradise!” she threw her hands up in the air and spun around.
I looked around; we were at a beach, a spectacular beach. I wasn’t normally the one for beaches, but this one drew me in.
I had no idea that I had been here for so long, the sun was setting behind me casting long shadows over the grass that stretched to the bay below.
Scarlett took my hand and ran down the hill, laughing as we slipped on the damp grass.
“What do you want out of life, Jeph?” Scarlett continued to walk beside me dragging her bare feet in the sand.
I didn’t know what to say, this was a hard one.
“I want happiness, I want to do the world good, I want to get married and have kids too, and I want to find my soul mate” that was surprisingly easy, I felt so comfortable saying that in front of Scarlett, but really I was just telling my self.
Scarlett stayed silent as we walked along the beach, when we sat down she spoke.
“I believe you’re the most awesome person I’ve ever met Jeph” she squeezed my hand and smiled up at me.
My stomach dropped as I felt myself waking up, I didn’t want to leave her, not now not ever, and I love her too much. I guess I can come and visit her whenever I liked, as long as she doesn’t know that I’ve left her it’ll be okay.
She closed her eyes for a second; I took this as my que. Kissing her lightly on the cheek I forced myself to wake up.