One Shots

Pass my Lips - 2 of 2

“He’s gone out, you know, Mikey has.” Gee said, handing me a towel as I uselessly began trying to dry off.

My clothes were saturated by the torrential rain that had been pouring all evening, weird for this time of the year, but I suppose this was a bit of a strange day. I hadn’t seen the guys in seven years and they were treating it like seven days. The only difference was the way they stared. They obviously tried to not make it obvious but it was they were eyeing me up like a piece of meat, like a traitor of some sorts. But then again, in some ways I was. I had always supported their band, everything they did and every decision they made I backed one hundred percent and tried to help them with it. I sorted out their problems and booked them venues; every time they needed help I was there in a shot.

But, of course it all changed. I can imagine they think I was being selfish, almost hypocritical when I shouted my point of view into their faces seven years ago, when they declared they had to leave to carry on and move up in the world of music. But at the time I didn’t see their point of view and they didn’t see mine. Guess that sounds like any old argument, but this one set us apart for far too long than I care to remember.

I looked at my once close friends and I felt so bad for what I had done. For how I shouted and insulted and hurt them.

“Look guys, I’m really sorry for everything I said and I’ve always regretted it, always. I was just so cut up when you announced you were leaving.” I reasoned, “And I’m sorry I never came to see you or even phoned you, it was just...hard, you know? I feel really bad, that I’ve just turned up on your doorstep and put you in this position, I guess you’d forgotten me a bit”

They stared at me, incredulous expressions on their faces.

“Forgotten you? How the hell could we do that Jade. You were our best friend for years and without you we wouldn’t be where we are now. We loved you like a sister, we still do.” Gerard was on his feet, towering over me. It was really quite scary.

“And anyway Jade, we all forgave you long ago, but I still think its Mikey you should be apologising too.”

And that’s when the door slammed.


-

Laughing I stumbled up the beach, one arm wrapped around his shoulders as he pulled me along.

We walked up to Gee who was lying on the sand, attempting to sunbathe, but actually he was “sunbathing”, basically trying to catch a tan without showing any skin, him being the pale guy he is.

I giggled plonking myself down next to him, we must have looked like a right pair, one in a tiny black bikini and board shorts and the other in jeans and a long-sleeve tee. So, I poked him, then sat on him.

“Aaw Jadey, that’s not very nice, is it?” Mikey giggled, pulling me off his brother and onto my feet. “Now come with me, ye olde naughty one.” I laughed at the name and followed him.

Yep, you guessed, it’s all back to how it was, well slightly different in some ways. But I’m happy, more than happy, I’m fantastic. Two weeks ago when I turned up outside his house I was scared stiff about what his reaction might be but it was alright, it was all alright somehow.

We stopped suddenly, on top one of the highest dunes of pale cream sand, toasted by the June sun. I was in heaven at the moment, sitting cross-legged next to Mikey, the beach stretching out on either side, the sea out to the horizon. Surprisingly the sand was quite empty of people, which made it all the more beautiful.

“I didn’t mean anything I said when we had that argument you know” I cringed; the two weeks of not mentioning that subject were finally over then.

“I know you didn’t, Gee filled me in” I answered, keeping my gaze on the approaching waves as they rolled effortlessly to the beach. “Nor did I, you realise,” I said finally making my gaze meet his.

“No, I know.”

The silence was comfortable, the waves the only sound as the clouds momentarily covered the sun.

“You know all those years ago when people said we’d make a good couple and I cringed and you blushed and I always just laughed and got embarrassed and let go of your hand?” He blurted.

“You noticed me blushing?!” I almost screamed, heat flooding to my face hypocritically. I couldn’t believe I could blush so easily. But then again, this was Mikey.

He chuckled nervously, “yeah, I did. Well, I wish I’d never done that. I wish I’d just admitted I liked you. You don’t know how hard it’s been, wondering whether you meant what you said back then. And wondering if you’d still blush when I smiled at you.” He grinned making me blush even more. This was too easy for him.

“Oh my god, just kiss for goodness sake!” Gee wailed from below.

This was for too movie like to be real.

But then again.

Two hands framed my face, perfectly soft lips brushed against mine, as Gee cheered sarcastically in the background.

I’d finally found my place, the place I’d always known I’d be happy. My little piece of heaven, I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you love it Jade.
lyl
comments please