Everything Is Alright

Tour Day

I sat at the kitchen table, thinking. The guys were leaving on tour today. I had been mentally putting off the date for weeks, figuring it wouldn’t come for a long time. Well, here it was. I looked up as Justin walked in to pour himself some cereal. I had gotten so used to his presence, what would it be like with him gone? I planned to stay with Nicole for some of it. We had been drifting apart since I had moved in with Justin.

“God damn it, Betty. You ate all the Corn Pops,” he joked good-naturedly. I didn’t answer. I had been zoning out. Again. “Betty?” he asked, turning around.

“Huh?” He looked at me curiously and sat across from me at the table.

“What’s up?” I shook my head.

“Just thinking.” He nodded, taking a couple spoonfuls. He seemed like he was in a good mood. “You excited?” He nodded, mouth full of cereal. He swallowed.

“Yeah. I mean, it’s not for that long,” he began, shrugging. “Should be fun,” he said, as he ate another spoonful. I watched as he finished off his cereal and walked over to the sink to wash his bowl. “I’ll miss you though,” he added, as he rinsed the bowl. This caught me off guard a little. He didn’t notice.

“I’ll miss you, too,” I replied, snapping back into it. He put it back into the cabinet.

“Ready to go?” he asked.

“Yeah.” I grabbed my jacket before following him out to the car. We met up with Nicole and the guys. I hugged them all at least twice.

“Have fun,” I was telling Jesse.

“Will do,” he said, grinning. I went to hug Justin again. I stood on tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek. He smiled in surprise and turned a light shade of pink.

“Bye,” I told him.

“Bye,” he said. We waved as they were getting on the bus.

“So what do you wanna do?” Nicole asked me in the car. I shrugged.

“I don’t know.” I would usually be hanging out with Justin right now.

****************************************************************************

I went through my closet for something to wear tonight.

“What time’s your date?” Nicole asked from her position on my bed, reading a magazine.

“He’s coming at seven,” I answered. She stayed silent for a few minutes while I continued looking through my closet.

“You like him a lot, don’t you?” she asked. I fumbled with a hanger.

“I…I guess so.” We had only been dating about four weeks.

“Does he know you live with Justin?” she asked suddenly. I pulled a shirt out.

“Nope,” I said casually.

“Don’t you think you should tell him?” she asked. She still hadn’t looked up from the magazine.

“Why?” I asked. “It’s not a big deal. Justin’s my best friend. Besides, they won’t be back from tour for another month and a half, I’ll make sure he knows by then,” I said calmly.

“Whatever you say.”

“Come on, do you honestly think he would care?” I asked, turning to face her.

“I don’t know. I’m just saying.” I finally had my outfit picked out when she decided to leave.

“Tony’s supposed to call,” she explained, putting her coat on. I nodded. So I ended up just sitting around alone until 7:00. I sighed.

All alone.