Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

Phone Calls

The next day, Roxanne came wearing a blue-and-green spotted top, matching trainers and navy trousers. As soon as they saw each other they went into best-friend-mode again, just like old times. After an hour Roxanne had to leave. They were both really sad and saw the irony of the situation; they had just made up and in a few weeks Celeste would be moving to the other side of the Atlantic Ocean! About ten minutes later, Carrie and Melissa turned up and they started talking. Five minutes into the conversation, (after both of the newcomers saying Celeste was mushy saying thanks to them for coming) Dr. Smith came in.
“Oh, hi am I interrupting anything? If I am I’ll come back later.”
“Oh, nah, we were just talking rubbish anyway, and my welfare is more important than discussing whether or not Daniel Beddingfield sounds like classic Justin Timberlake; the truth is, NO-ONE CARES!” Celeste replied. “Oh, um, introductions, err; Carrie and Melissa, Dr. Smith, Dr. Smith, Carrie and Melissa. There, my work here is done. Now I can go back to mentally beating myself up for never asking my dad about the lyrics for ‘Interlude’!!!!” She continued, pointing to each person as she said their name.
“Hi, nice to meet you, I normally don’t like meeting doctors, I don’t like being ill, but you don’t make me feel like I’m a patient!” Melissa said to Dr. Smith, blushing slightly. Seeing this, the other two looked at each other and started giggling, looking away to avoid a full-on laughing fit.
“Hmm…that could, possibly be because I’m the one stuck here with a flipping needle in my arm! You can tell I was out of it, I never would have let anyone near me with a needle otherwise!” Celeste supposed, making everyone but Melissa laugh. Noticing this, she gave a polite titter, which told Carrie and Celeste she was embarrassed and annoyed with them.
“Hmmmmmm…tra-la-la-la! Ummm…” Celeste broke the silence and gave Melissa a look that said clearly: see-I-can-make-an-idiot-of-myself-as-well so that she would feel less annoyed. After a little bit of chatting and Dr. Smith making sure Celeste was okay, he left, Carrie had to go and sing for her church choir and Melissa had guests coming round to her house, so she had to be there to receive them along with her mother.

RING!!! RING!!!! Celeste’s phone began buzzing to signal that someone was phoning her. Looking at it she saw that it was her father, as she had added him to her contacts list. Answering the call she said,
“Hi Vampire Man, what’ve you been up to?”
“Hi, I, and Frank, Mikey, Ray, Matt and other people have been arranging a tour with Green Day! We’re doing it in ‘bout err…eight months!! Ha, I know it’s not much but I really don’t care.”
“Cool. I’ve been lying in bed all day, Carrie and Mel came and err…I made the best decision of my life, even if it was a little late.”
“Interesting….I just called to, err see if you were okay, umm…”
“Gee, I’m in a hospital, not a slaughterhouse! I’m fine! I mean, yeah, this drip hurts so much I wish whoever invented it dies a slow and painful death, but I can’t really complain, not after making up with Roxanne….How’re you?”
“Ha, I’m pretty damn good. Any news on when you’re getting outta there?”
“Well, Dr. Smith, the guy who’s basically been ‘assigned’ to me, he said in ‘bout two days! Wooohoo!”
“Great! Listen, we’ll come get you with the bus, okay?”
“Yeah, that’s really good, yeah.”
“Then we’ve got to get to err…..Manchester, yeah for the last gig of the tour in the UK, and I promise I won’t make you do anything if you don’t want to, that’s how come you’re not on the bus talking to me now…and then we’ve gotta go to the airport nearby to fly over to New York, where we’re doing a gig the day after.”
“Interesting. So err…just pick me up then I come with you and…like last time, except different?”
“Yeah. I think. We’ll just see on the day.”
“Oh, okay.”
“Yeah, umm….you wanna talk to Frank, he’s buzzing round here like a bee with no wings!”
“Yeah, sure. Wait – a bee with no wings?! Interesting metaphor.”
“Yeah, I know. Okay, I’ll put him on. Frank, stop doing that puppy face, she said yes!”
“Wooohoo! Hi Celeste. Have you bled any more today?” Frank sounded happy and kind of like a small child!
“No I haven’t. Hi. So how was meeting Green Day? Must’ve been cool meeting your hero.”
“Ha, yeah. It was really awkward ‘cuz I didn’t want to say anything that would make me seem dumb or anything but it went fine. Billie-Joe was really nice, so were the rest of them. I’m gonna get a guitar that looks like his someday.”
“One day I’m gonna get proper black ballet shoes. And tap shoes with taps that stay on!!!!!”
“Ha! Yeah, one day. Great to hear you’re gonna be back here in a few days. Mikey’s just come in, you wanna talk to him?”
“Sure. I mean, he is my uncle!”
“Okay, passing it over to him now…”
“Hi Rock-Celeste! Glad you’re gonna be here soon.” Mikey sounded like his usual upbeat, coffee-fuelled self.
“Me too Mikey. I heard about Green Day, it sounds like a great idea, which is good ‘cuz it’s happening! I made up with Roxanne today. It’s kinda ironic; we just made up a few days before I’m moving to the other side of the Atlantic! Sweet, sweet irony, I know thee well....”
“Same here. How’re you coping with the food?”
“Quite well, I think that other person got fired, so now Sister Monica, she’s the ward sister here, she does most of the cooking. Well, I think each ward sister does the cooking for her ward. Hey, when you come to collect me, can you bring some clothes PLEEEEASE? JUST some clothes, don’t worry you won’t- wait, actually, I think it would be better if I got Carrie or Mel or Roxanne (or all of them, come to think of it, it would probably take all of them to do it right!) to get me my clothes, yeah, I wouldn’t want you guys to have to go sorting through my underwear! THAT would be odd…not to mention awkward….”
“Hell yeah…We’ll help them (especially Melissa, her fashion sense is so different to yours) uh with the fashion choices, I mean, I know they’re your friends and they MUST know your fashion sense at least a bit, and they are your clothes, but I know you must have like, lying-around-at-home-clothes and actively-wearing clothes and….yeah.”
“Yeah, I get what you mean. It’s good to know I’m not the only one who has lying-around-at-home-clothes and actively-wearing clothes!”
“Trust me, there’s at least five other people here who do, and I’m sure I know other people who do! I think Gerard wants his phone back now, so I’m passing it back to him now…..”
“Hey kid.” Gerard grinned.
“Quack-dack-friggin’-frack-shack! Sorry I’ve wanted to say that for ages!”
“And I thought I was wasted! I’d better go; I haven’t got much credit on this thing.”
“Okay. Bye Vampire Dude, see ya soon!”
“See ya kid.” Gerard and Celeste hung up on each other’s phones simultaneously. Celeste found the pile of paper, pencils and leaning ‘book’ and started drawing.