Sequel: My Teenage Romance
Status: Completed

Rock Star Father

New People

“Would you like a tour of the bus?” Frank offered in a fake gentlemanly tone half an hour later.
“Why, of course.” She replied, playing along. As they got up, firstly, it became apparent that they were the same height, and secondly, still acting fake-gentleman-esque, Frank offered her his arm, and with an over-exaggerated curtsey, Celeste accepted. At this point, everyone burst out laughing.
“I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship!” Mikey said after recovering from the laughing fit.
“Group hug! I seem to be saying that a lot lately.” Celeste ordered. After everyone had obliged, she said, “Hey, Gee, what’s my surname?”
“You choose. Janet died before we got married, so it’s your choice.” Gerard answered. “Then I choose ‘Way’. No disrespect to her, but I don’t really like the surname ‘Calloway’. Celeste Way… has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?”
“Definitely.” Mikey answered.
“Well then, Mr. Iero, shall we continue our tour?” Celeste said, back in fake-posh mode.
“I do believe we shall, Miss Way.” He replied, re-offering his arm, as she re-accepted.
Five minutes later, after a full tour of the bus pretending to be posh, everyone had laughed until they almost cried. Frank and Celeste were the perfect comedy team, and whilst trying to act posh-ly, Frank had called the ‘shower-room’ (it had no shower, it was simply a changing room type thing) a laboratory instead of a lavatory!

Out of the blue Celeste started singing the chorus of ‘Oh What A Beautiful Morning’ and then the beginning and chorus of ‘Jack’s Lament’ from the film ‘Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas’. Oddly, Frank joined in and they started doing it as a duet!!!
“This seriously is the most random and weird day ever.” Mikey commented.
Hearing this, Celeste whispered to Frank,
“Let’s make it weirder.” And the two of them started 70s disco-dancing round the bus! Finally they collapsed on a bed, laughing so hard they almost laughed their internal organs out (and fell off the bed)!! The other four looked confusedly at them, trying to comprehend exactly what just happened. Eventually they gave up as the task was too hard and decided never to let both Celeste and Frank near lots of sugar or alcohol……

“So is anyone here a ‘Star Wars’ fan?” Celeste said, re-starting the conversation.
“I am!” Gerard half-yelled.
“GO YODA!!!!!” They (Gerard and Celeste) said in unison, before everyone fell about laughing. Another, equally long, odd, enjoyable and funny conversation followed. “This is great, I normally have to talk about girl stuff, ‘the latest trend’ and school with Melissa, and with Carrie I just fall about laughing for no reason!” Celeste commented.
“This is great, talking to a female fan we don’t wanna date who is not all over us for autographs, romantic relations, being the father of her child, that sort of thing!” Frank stated casually, which made everyone laugh.
“Hey, Mikey, can I borrow your morning paper after you, I want to see if Miss Crazy was lying.” Gerard asked. After receiving confused looks, he launched into the story.
“Crazy idiot, acting all, “you’re my beest fwend!” towards me, which annoyed me, then, going and… Holy cow, I hate her.” Celeste’s voice was bitterer than lemon juice on a December morning. “So where we going next?” She asked, lightening the mood.
“The Corasont of England.” Gerard piped up.
“COOOL! We’re going to Laaandaaaan!!!” Celeste half-yelled, grinning.
“How the hell did you get that from that??!!!” Matt said what everyone was thinking.
“It’s all in Star Wars, Matt.” Gerard replied, grinning. Mikey asked,
“Anyway, Celeste, what clubs and stuff do you do at school?” Almost everyone yelled something like “that’s typically you Mikey!” before Celeste, grinning, replied,
“I’m in a student-made Blu-tak™ club! The rest of my time I’m having fun with Mel and Carrie or doing homework in the study-room.”
“BLU-TAK™ CLUB?!” Everyone yelled to a grinning Celeste.
“Is anyone else here hungry?” Bob suddenly said.
“PIZZA TIME!!!” Gerard yelled.
“What kind?” Mikey asked, pulling out his mobile.
“PEPPERONI ALL THE WAAAY!” Celeste, Frank, Ray and Gerard shouted in unison!
“Dumb question, we’ll get the usual okay!” Mikey muttered.
Ten minutes later the bus had moved out of the col-de-sac and Celeste and the rest were enjoying some good old Domino’s™ pizza. Grinning, Celeste looked round trying to predict what kind of friendship she would have with each person. First, there was Frank. Celeste had a feeling he would be the ‘older (or quite likely younger) brother’ figure. Then Bob. He seemed like the ‘random good-advice-giver’ and he was one of the immature fools. Mikey seemed like the ‘responsible-and-clever-yet-still-very-laid-back’ person, and was rather shy (as was Celeste). Matt… now this friendship was hard to predict. Ray was a good conversationalist and a good listener, and another fool. And her dad…. she was reserving judgment on him.