I'll Be Your Wings

Revival

Gabriel's POV

I gasp awake taking a few shaky breath, looking around. I stand to the scene of an old banquet room. On the floor are the burned shapes of angel wings.... my wings. This is where I died.

I take a long breath and walk out, gripping my angel blade. I curse my brother's name; Lucifer was the one that took my life. It was so unexpected, I foolishly believed that he wouldn't kill me; this proves how far gone he'd come and how completely wrong I was. I turn back at the old hotel and look up as it starts to rain. "Oh great, how could this get any worse?" I say and of course, it does. Thunder crashes over head making me jump and I sulk to nearby town to get out of the rain.
"What brings you in such bad weather?" A man asks
"Death" I say with my usual charm, only to get a look of fear. It makes me smile as the man avoids me for the rest of the evening. I get a few drinks and leave when it stops raining. I figure that taking a person's body as my own; even if they allowed it; is the worst it can get so I claim a white truck as my own. I don't feel like teleporting myself anywhere since.... I have no where to go. So I head west, where it's warm; I hate the cold and right now... it's raining. Giving I love the water, but not water from the sky... I don't like water from the sky. It comes with thunder, which I'm not a fan of.

I wonder if I should tell Sam and Dean that I'm alive... meh, they can deal with it. They probably don't care anyway. Castiel is taking care of them so they don't need me. I just wish that they would play their parts and end this damn war. I'm sick of the fighting and all the blood being spilled. So many angels have fallen under the blade of the demons. I slow down as I think... ya know... I guess I'm one of those angel's now. Lucifer might not be a demon, but he leads them. This war fucking sucks. I pull into a bar parking lot and go in for a drink; I don't care if I get wasted.... I need it.
A man stops me in mid-drink and laughs. "Someone only drinks that much over a woman." He pauses and I roll my eyes but the mouth continues. "Or he's looking to kill a man"
"Not a man." I saw. "Not my responsibility." I frown and finish my shot.
"Don't tell me that it's a dog" the man shakes his head. "Dear god"
I scuff. "Nope. Not a dog either." I could care less about him using daddy dear's name. "The guys an angel"
"Ah... one of those?" The man asks. "Selfish bastards"
"He's the leader of demons" I say downing another glass.
The man chuckles and hits my back. "Most are. They don't care bout none else but them" I could have hit him if I cared a little more. The slap was right on my wing joint. I keep them invisible so much I almost forgot they were there.
"Yup." I say. "I'm in a war because of that dick head"
"If you're in a war, you need tags man" A younger man in his early 20's says.
"Tags?" I ask. "No thanks"
"If you die, people won't know who you are" He says, totally wasted and oblivious to how stupid he sounds.
"Been there done that." I say shrugging. "If I do die again, people would probably know who I am. If they don't... I don't care" I down another glass.
"Slow down son" the first says. "You'll might never wake up if you take another"
"screw you" I say and get up leaving him in a fluster. The younger man keeps trying to sell my dog tags and I finally say yes just to get him off my ass. The next day he has them engraved. They say 'Arch Angel' on one side and my name on the other. I smile as I look down. "Yeah that's right. I'm one too." I frown remembering how I was left out all the time on all the 'secret' meeting that my older brothers and Father use to have. It's like I didn't exist or something... Jack offs.
I get in the truck and turn on the country station and continue my trip. I finally stop when I reach the water. I guess here is as good as any spot. I like the water anyway and so does my vessel. Not that I really listen to him much; it's just a bonus. My mind drifts to the hunters and the war again and I scowl. Why can't they just play their parts and end this war. I don't care who wins... just stop the fighting. But I figure that those morons probably didn't listen to me. It was nice to see little brother Castiel again. Even though he was just as stubborn. I laugh and lean against a tree, watching the waves. Castiel was always a little stubborn, even when he was little. My mind drifts and since I've been used to blending in, I fall asleep where I sit.

When I wake the next morning I see a circle around me drawn in the sand; I freeze and hear soft laughter. "Oh your face! You're like 'oh shit!' and ohh... ahaha"
I frown and stand. "Uriel... come on."
"Ah, the trickster can't get tricked?" My fellow angel walks up with a sly smile. "So, big boss bring you back?"
"Yup" I say stretching. "tadah"
She rolls her eyes. "I see you didn't lose your usual charm"
"I know you think I'm charming" I say with a grin. "So what brings you here?"
"Message from tall dark and quiet"
I chuckle and easily cross the line in the sand. "What's Raphael want this time? Last time... I died"
"that was... unexpected" Uriel twisted her face and bit her cheek. "I'm glad your alive."
I could tell by just the look in her eyes that she had cried when I died; I took this opportunity and walked over embracing her in my arms "Please don't be sad, Uriel. I'm alright. I'll be more careful next time"
She froze and I could feel her tighten, her eyes were wide in surprise and I smile after a moment longer. I let her go and laugh. "You should see your face. That was classic." I laugh harder. "Pay backs a bitch right?" I go silent after a sharp slap forces my head to turn.
"I can't believe you Gabriel!" Uriel shakes her head. "Here!"She shoves a paper into my chest and I fumble to grab it. "This is want your stupid brother wants." She vanishes and I frown, sighing. "touchy" I say and head back towards the truck. When it doesn't start I simply use my power and drive off. I'm too lazy to teleport to the location; or anywhere for that matter