Until We're Gone

MJ

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
I reached over and hit my alarm clock. I looked at the clock, than snuggled back into my bed.

Wait!! 8:15 AM??

Fuck I’m late for my first class! Stupid fucking alarm clock! So instead of having the calming shower I wanted to have the first day of fucking boarding school, I have to go to my first class with oily hair and rumpled clothes from yesterday! Plus I’m late. Throwing on my clothes I rushed out of my room while putting my hair up and praying nobody notices how horrible it looks.

I burst through the classroom door, once I found it of course, “Sorry I’m la-“ I started to say, but the teacher cut me off, “Sit down Ms. Smith. I will speak to you after class.” I huffed and sat down in the only empty seat.
Turns out the teacher REALLY hated people being late for her class, so I ended up with detention after all my classes are over for the day.

From there my day just got worse. I entered my next class pissed because I got a detention on my first day and this little know it all named Savannah decided she wanted to test my little patience. I swear I didn’t hit the stuck up little priss, but I did get another detention because of her. Now I have to spend my lunch hour with her, fuck my life.

By the time my after school detention was over I was tired, even more cranky and wanted to just curl up in my bed and sleep. On my way to my room after writing my set of lines I hear someone talking. I can’t quite hear what’s being said, but it sounded like a boy arguing with someone on the phone because all I could hear was him.
I peaked around the corner and I saw a cute boy sitting next to a fish tank……talking to it. This kid was about six feet tall with dirty blonde hair and deep dark blue eyes, like when you stare too long trying to see the bottom of the ocean from a boat. He was wearing dark blue pajama pants and a tight black muscle shirt that outlined his small, but defined muscles.
I stood there and watched his for a few minutes. Even though he was pretty crazy to be having a conversation with a fish, he was also pretty hot! After about ten minutes of watching him I walked around the corner and said, “You know if you continue to talk to that fish like that people will begin to suspect you’re crazy.”
He jumped up startled.
“What are you doing here?” He stammered.
I smirked. “I’m coming from detention. I would ask what you are doing here, but it’s obvious you were keeping Freddie over there company.”
For a second he looked relieved. “So you can hear him too? Good! I thought I was going to be a freak here too. The names’ Justin Austin J.A. for short.” And he held out his hand for me to take. I looked at it for a second.
“I’m Marlene” I shook his hand. “By the way I can’t talk to fish.” J.A. face fell so fast, and he turned a sickly white.
“I can’t believe I just made a fool of myself. Is there any way you can forget that part of the conversation and still be my friend?” He looked so hopefully that there was no way I could turn him down. I nodded. He smiled again, except this smile wasn’t as excited as the last one was.
I sighed. Of course I’d get stuck making friends with the crazy kid. At least he’s a good piece of eye candy. “We can be friends, but I refuse to call you J.A. it’s stupid I’ll call you Justin or Austin.” He nodded in understanding.
“So what’s your power? As you saw I can talk to animals, and I heard that that isn’t the weirdest power in this school.” I gave Justin a strange look.
“That’s kind of personal. I’ll tell you when I get to know you more.” He shook his head in compliance.
We sat there and talked for another hour. “Shit we need to go to bed. I don’t want to be late and get another detention tomorrow.” Justin looked at his watch. “Crap! I’ll see you tomorrow?” He asked. He had such a heart broken look on his face that I couldn’t very well tell him no, so I nodded and went to my room.
I just set my alarm and went to bed without changing my clothes.

I hope tomorrow is better than today was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooooo sorry it took so long!!! I've been having so many freaking issues! Please enjoy my quick chappie and I promise the next one will be better and very timely!