Until We're Gone

Justin Austin Robinson Jr.

The next morning I couldn't stop myself from beating myself up. I had told her my secret. Sure, I could've lied, but I didn't want her to think I was crazy. Who am I kidding of course she thinks I'm crazy. SHE CAUGHT ME TALKING TO FREDDIE THE FISH. Even though I was upset with myself there was a upside to this. She's was beautiful. Tom, my older brother, wouldn't believe me if I told him about her. I sighed. I was still off to a had start with my roommates. Savannah decided to hate me because I had yet again commented about her terrible singing. "Excuse me for thinking its common courtesy not to wake your roommates with your screeching every morning!" I has yelled. She spat a fuck you at me and stomped out the room. I shrugged my shoulders and looked to the mute of the room. Still he said nothing, but I could tell he was trying not to laugh. I rolled my eyes at him and left soon after showering and getting dress. I was planning on talking to Freddie today before class. Due to it being Tuesday we only had three classes. Mines started at ten and ended at two. I was anxious to see who else would be in my class. I had learned yesterday that Mr. Tomlinson was the weird man that showed me to the headmistress office yesterday. I wondered if he knew about me.
"Justin! Hey Justin!" Yelled someone behind me. I assumed the person wasn't talking to me, I had clearly told everyone to calls me J.A. "Fish boy!" They yelled and I knew it was me they were talking to. I rolled my eyes and turned to see Marlene coming towards me. She was cute, but I was too irritated to be attracted to her right now.
"Hey."
"Why did you just call me fish boy? I told you my name is J.A." I spat. She narrowed her eyes at me and stuck her hip out.
"And I told you I would either call you Justin or Austin because J.A is stupid."
"Well excuse my parents for being stupid people, but I happen to like my name." I growled. She walked closer to me and placed her hand on my shoulder before looking deep into my eyes.
"You want me to call you Justin. You like it." She said. I cocked my eyebrow at her.
"What are you doing? No, I don't like it." She looked confused and that's when it hit me.
"Wow. You can control people and your a seductress. I'm not to sure I want to be your friend anymore. I might be immune now, but I might not be later." I joked. She rolled her eyes at me.
"It doesn't work like that you fucking idiot." She flipped me off and stomped away. I hadn't realize what I had done wrong. People were walking past me and laughing seeing as they saw what happened. I groaned as I headed to the main hall. I wish my class would hurry up and start. I wasn't to happy about a later starting class anymore. To make things worst it was only eight thirty. By the time ten o'clock rolled around I realized that My class consisted of two people. Me and Mr.Tomlinson.
"Sorry son, guess the other kids decided not to join a boarding school."
"More for me to learn right." I said attempting to at least try. He smiled.
"I knew you were going to be one of mine from the day you first arrived. Anyways, today you were suppose to tame lions, but since we have none you will learn one key thing."
"What's that?" I asked eager.
"When dealing with any animal, humans included, the object is too remain calm. Animals can sense whatever emotion your feeling and won't hesitate to use it against you. Remember that, always."
The rest of the day consist of mini lessons like that. My first impression was that he was ill prepared, but as the day continued I realized he was legit. I couldn't help but feel like he was warning me about something though. I wanted so desperately to know what, but by the time I gained enough courage to ask him the bell rung.
"Oh and J.A, I've heard that you met Freddie. Don't let him inside your head. He's a slick one. Got me in trouble when I was your age." I laughed.
"How?"
"Made me feel sorry for him. I was constantly sneaking out after curfew to chat with him. He's good at heart. Fish are one of the sneakiest animals. Right along with humans. Remember that."
There it was again. That hidden warning. I said a mere okay and walked out the room. With my luck I bumped into Marlene. She rolled her eyes and tried to brush past me. I grabbed her and made her face me.
"I'm sorry about earlier I was just surprised. I think your power is awesome. You should be happy that it doesn't work on me. At least now you know I actually like you for you." Before I knew it my lips were pushed up against hers. It was then that I realized Mr. Tomlinson possessed more than one power. He was controlling my actions. Instead of saying anything else I ran towards my dorm. I didn't even bother to stop when Marlene called my name. I was confused, why would a teacher make me kiss another student? None of that scene made any sense. I was never one of the confident ones when it came to girls, but only I knew that. This school had officially gotten weirder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go. Finally, the weirdness has started. Beside all the students being magical of course. sorry for any mistakes.