Status: Will Update When Possible

Serenity.

You'll Never Be Able To Finish It

Saylor arrived at Tyler’s house way before she anticipated; but it’s hard to get ready when Dylan starts blowing up your phone. She checked herself in the rearview mirror and smiled. Before she could open her car door, the paparazzi swarmed. She groaned loudly. She was unaware that they followed her. She stepped out of her car and pressed the lock alarm. The flashing lights didn’t faze her like they used to.

“Saylor how was last night?” One questioned and she snapped more than enough photographs.

She shrugged, “Alright.”

She learned that giving them just a little attention helped out when she needed to get passed them.

Another guy ran so it could get photographs of her full body, “Sources say you’re having a relationship with Dave Franco.”

“Well you can ask that source for his number and maybe we will. Who knows?” She said with a laugh.

Tyler and Dylan ran out at this time, helping Saylor get away from the pestering people. She smiled as they led her into the house. It was quiet for now. The party wasn’t set to start for another hour or two. She glanced around and saw Fiona, Tyler’s girlfriend. The girl jumped off of the couch and ran to Saylor. Fiona engulfed her into a hug which Saylor kindly returned.

“How are you love?” Saylor wondered.

Fiona flashed her a grin, “Freaking perfect. And you?”

Saylor glanced at Dylan, “Much better now.”

Dylan saw Saylor look at him, he sent a smile her way. She took it upon herself to start the conversation.

“Dylan!” She screamed as she wrapped her arms around her best friend.

He hugged her back, squeezing slightly, “Aw, I missed you too Say.”

They pulled away from each other when Dylan’s phone vibrated in his pocket. He glanced at it.

From: Britt
I’ll be there soon.


He didn’t bother replying. He looked away from his phone to see Saylor frowning.

“I promise, I will not ditch you tonight.” He stated seriously.

She nodded in response; not taking him too seriously. Dylan sighed and grabbed her hand leading her outside by the pool. He sat down on one of the chairs, Saylor followed suit, sitting next to him.

Dylan glanced over at her, “I had a talk with Britt last night after she wouldn’t let me go. Things are going to be different.”

Saylor shook her head, “They will be for now. But you know she hates me.”

“She doesn’t hate you Saylor. She’s just self-conscious. You’ve been my best friend for eight years. Let’s not forget the fact that you’re a model. Any girl would be intimidated by you.” He replied.

She stood up. This talk had been reoccurring for the past two years, “Well you’d think she would be over it by now.”

She walked off, not wanting to hear any more of the conversation. She made her way back to Fiona who had taken her seat again on the couch. Saylor plopped down next to her. Dylan stayed outside; going through his thoughts.

Fiona glanced at Saylor, “Everything okay?”

“Nothing will ever be okay while Britt is around.” Saylor stated. Her voice was vile as the girl’s name left her mouth.

Saylor had nothing against the girl. The day Dylan introduced her Saylor was thrilled. He needed someone in his life who could make him happy. Britt seemed kind at first; until things started getting serious. Six months into the relationship and Saylor was out of the picture. Then, Britt’s friends decided to start talking trash and Saylor didn’t play those types of games. Long story short, Britt played the damsel and made Saylor the villain.

She sighed and turned her attention to the TV just as Fiona had. Tyler walked over, bringing each of the girls a drink. Saylor chugged it down, already wanting the stress of the night to fade away.

Tyler eyed her, “Uh-Saylor, you might want to take it slow.”

“It’s fine. I don’t have a shoot tomorrow.” She stated, getting up to make herself a drink.

Dylan joined the group at that moment. Saylor beckoned him over and he obliged.

She handed him a cup and raised hers, “Cheers to me punching Ryan in the face at graduation.”

Dylan laughed and took a sip, Saylor gulped hers.

“What made you think of that?” He asked after another sip.

Saylor smiled at him, “My mom brought out old pictures and one of them was us at the party.”

He nodded. Seeing Saylor punch Ryan was definitely memorable but his mind focused more on the events after the party. He shook his head away from the thoughts. The front door opened and in walked Britt. Her gaze landed on the pair immediately. Saylor raised her eyebrows and finished off drink two. Britt made her way over to Dylan; Saylor refused to move.

“Hey babe.” Britt smiled as she placed a kiss on Dylan’s cheek.

He hugged her softly, “Hey.”

“What’s up Britt?” Saylor questioned as she filled her cup.

The girl looked at her warily, “Not much.”

Saylor sent a sarcastic smile her way and walked back to Fiona, “Let’s get fucked up.”

Fiona laughed and raced against Saylor to finish her drink. She lost, but Saylor was just a champ.

“I think you’re halfway there babe.” She stated laughing with the girl.

Tyler just shook his head at the girls. Dylan turned his attention to Britt who was glaring at him.

He leaned down and spoke softly in my ear, “She is my best friend and that behavior is not normal for her. I’m going to spend time with her. You have to accept that. She needs me too.”
______________________________________________________________

The party was officially in full effect. Dylan was managing to keep his promise to Saylor, much to Britt’s dislike. Saylor stumbled slightly as she made her way to the keg.

Dylan grabbed her arm, “No more.”

She glared at him, “Why not?”

“Say, please.” He pleaded. She eyed him and let her cup fall to the ground. He still had a hold on her. She softened her eyes and smiled at him. She slowly walked back to their group, her heel dug into the ground causing her to lose her balance. Dylan wrapped his arms around her waist; preventing her from falling.

Saylor laughed, “Thanks love.”

Britt grimaced, “So Saylor I see you didn’t bring anyone tonight.”

The girl shrugged, “Does it matter?”

“I don’t know. Do you enjoy being the fifth wheel?” Britt questioned viciously.

Saylor smiled at her, “Actually, you’re more of a fifth wheel than I am.”

Fiona tried to hold in a laugh but there was no hope. Tyler smiled slyly but hid it behind his cup. Dylan stared down at Britt, his face was hard.

Saylor stepped closer to the girl, “Don’t start this. You’ll never be able to finish it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I cracked up at the Dave Franco thing. Maybe he'll make an appearance. Let me know how y'all feel about that and this chapter.

Nina