Status: Updates are really slow...

Remember When You Were a Mad Man

This World Is After Me, After You

This place was deserted alright but someone has definitely been through here. I see there was a bombing here due to the crater in the stone earth right in the middle of the road. Debris rocketed out into the near by store window, blood smeared windows, surprisingly no bodies of either kind.

I need to scout of a place to lay low for a few days.

There wasn't any sign of the living nor the dead but I have that feeling that I'm being watched. The higher the shelter the better chance I have. So far the only suitable place is this old painters building. The windows looked like they were still intact, they were dark as well maybe painted over so no one can see the life inside. There was also metal bars in front of the glass. I squinted and saw the door way was the same way, metal bars and everything.

Clever painter..

The red bricked building sounded too good to be true...from the outside anyway.

The sun was slipping down the sky and my guess is that I can at least try this place. I jumped down from the truck; careful not to close the door loudly. I don't know if I should knock or just go right in. Well knocking is the human thing to do.

*knock* *knock*

The old wooden porch, in desperate need to be repainted, cracked loudly under my steps. I stood against he window and cupped my hands to see of I can see through the painted glass to get a better view.

Sword in hand I walk off the porch and slowly walk out to the side of the building and went down the walled alley way. There were useless things painted on the walls as well as a good amount of slurs and writings. I saw a doorway towards the back end of the side. I fact there was one; a giant heavy looking steel door. There was a message written in blue paint...and keys...

"TAKE WHAT YOU NEED AND STAY AS LONG.

DOOR WELDED SHUT ----> WINDOW ONLY WAY INSIDE---->

-Lana"

I told the keys and looked around for the window. As promised the window was open wide, the thing is it's quite high up shear upper body strength which I seem to lack isn't going to cut it. Maybe is I bring the truck over I could stand on the top and jump in. It's worth a shot.

I made it in with difficulty but I made it. The cold air hit me first. I couldn't see a thing with no natural light coming in so I pulled out my flashlight and silently looked for a light switch. Surprisingly the electricity still worked.

The house had almost every color thought of from what I can see upstairs. The bottom portion had it's own color theme. The living room was red and black with hints of grey here and there. The dining room was completely white with a single red mural to compliment the room. Wow I sound like some critic trying to sell a home. For some run down building on the outside this Artist Lana had her entire house look like an IKEA room display. Some struggling Artist..

There wasn't any sign of crafts of even paints/ Art anywhere maybe this lady couldn't life without her Art that she packed it up and left with it. She certainly didn't even touch the food supply. In fact she organized the food by expiration date which really took some time since she arranged the supply into intricate sculptures..

The house seemed literally untouched.

Arcane has made his home on the couch. Feeling sleepy myself I wanted to lay down too but is still have to get my belongings inside first.

___________________________________________

*Memory Dream*

"Nova get in the Cellar" My dad seemed troubled.

My dad took me out of school early. Everyone was in a panic mode. None were settled and the teachers were all jittery.

Mrs. Anderson couldn't even write the English assignment without a shakes hand and constantly looking over her shoulder to the window and the door; terrified.

My dad ushered my mum and I into the cellar, ordering to lock the door from the inside. The room was silent until mum cleared her throat and spoke "They teach you anything today?"

*PLOP* She landed solidly on her chair and took out her knitting. The knitting needle making a clanking sound as she nervously threaded the grey fabric.

"Yeah sure. Are we going to listen to the radio tonight to see what the hell is going on here?"

I snapped.

Dad didn't even wait for mum's answer when he ran to the radio and switched it on. His chair nearly on top of the radio as he brought his ear to the speaker and turning the dial. He couldn't get the right signal so while we waited I tapped my fingers and hummed till Dad put his index finger to his lips and shh'ed me. I sighed and tucked my legs under me. I absentmindedly played with my hair.

The radio screeched and a voice crackled out of the speakers "If anyone - listening, ther- someth-ng going on here! I- seems like an ou- breaks h-s occ--red there are fi-ter planes flying. It doe-n't seem they are here to -elp. All we ca-do is wait until-" the radio shuts off.