Status: Updates are really slow...

Remember When You Were a Mad Man

As A Kid From What I've Seen.

There was a knock on the door at first but I waited a moment with my back to it as I caught my breath. "Hey Battery Baby it's Me!!", Midnight says as she knocks again.

I open the door and look around for Party but he was not in sight. Instead I see a smug look on Midnight's face and she tells me Gerard obviously has a habit of not knocking. She sits on her bed and sets her weapons next to her.

"In other news, you did absolutely amazing tonight with the herd! You're a total natural! How did you learn to fight like that?", she presses.

I clear my throat,"I uh, used to be the Head of Training with the Killjoys...I never killed anyone until this all started. When I left the city I found a boy tied to a tree in front yard by his own parents.They left their own son out for the Rotters to make a meal of.I took him with me....we were alone..just the two of us,his cat, those creatures and time, I had a lot of time on my hands and I oftern spent them cutting down walkers for hours on end."

"If you left the city on your own, you would have been executed on the spot..how did you get out?",Midnight begins to polish her gun with a rag as she listens.

"I'm not sure. Something kicked up and I saw things...more like remembered things. I knew how to hide from The Keepers hence why they called me Ghost.", I picked at my finger nails as I spoke.

Nothing I knew of my time in the city fit together. I didn't know why I had to wear special headphones at night or drink a different serum instead of the normal pills everyone else took. Even though I was treated different I still played my music and as promised I had sweet dreams as I went to bed at exactly 9:00.

My so called parents never let me out of their sight. Once day I dared to not take my serum to see what would happen. I dreamt of a girl with blonde hair but it was only fragments and she'd tell me to run to the Edge of the city.This was a reoccurring thing as I got into the habit of not taking the serum until they but that bracelet that forced it into my system. I had a gut feeling that something bad was going to happen.

Midnight stared at me intensely for me to go on.

That morning my dad pulled me out of school when the bombs started dropping. We were hit. I woke up to nothing but rumble and they were both dead... Memories slowly returned but I never had this much trouble before until I saw Mikey and Ray.

"And the rest you were there to witness...I don't feel like talking about the rest as I find it irrelevant to anything now...", I flop down on my bed with a huff.

There's another knock at the door. Gerard yells through the door saying if it's safe to enter the room and if I have a shirt on. He enters the room and tells us that they've found two survivors out in the desert and to come out to meet them.

Me and Midnight head out into the dinning area of the Base where we see a two guys who looked absolutely terrible. Their skin was pink and scaled over...they were probably one of those Radiation Junkies. Frank and Mikey helped them sit down.

"WHOA YOU'RE THE GHOST!!" , one of them flailed their arm and hissed at the pain from his skin, "We thought you died....then I guess you'd really be a Ghost.."

Some others help tend to their wounds when Gerard pulls me aside. "Starting tomorrow you're going to train those two to fight again."

And with that we were ordered to go to bed. But I couldn't sleep..I stayed up until the tender of the morning. I'd just dozed off when Midnight wakes me up to start the training.

"Alright Scale Skins, the Ray gun is simple you just point and shoot"
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MAN THIS CHAPTER IS PROBABLY HELLA POORLY WRITTEN WITH A SHIT LOAD OF MISTAKES BUT I FELT LIKE UPDATING AT 3:00 IN THE MORNING. FEEDBACK IS ANYTHING IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED AND THANK YOU TO THE 3 1/2 OF YOU THAT READ THIS. ^-^