Status: Active, but slow updates

Hidden Bundle of Joy.

Chapter 32

I was so bored. bored of being at home. It's been a week since Ashton and the boys left and sure Ayla keeps me on my toes and with her wiggling around more, i have to keep my eye on her 24/7. But i'm bored of this house and these walls. Ayla and i have only really been out a couple times and that was to get groceries. Anne and Dad are always busy with Maui gone from the shop hes working more & Anne has her job then shuttling Lauren and Harry to their after school activities. I'm getting cabin fever in my own house.
I decided to pick up the phone and call my dad
"hello"
"hi daddy" i said
"what do you want" he said
"oh, well then i'll just get straight to it then. I want to come back to work" i said
"You don't need too"
"yes i do, i'm not making any money"
"you are financially fine Liv"
"no Ashton is, i'm not."
"yes but you are a couple with a child, you share that"
"No him and Ayla are fine, i don't want to be relying on Ashton for money, i want to make my own"
"Where has this suddenly come from Olivia, have people been saying stuff"
"No dad, i'm just so bored in this house, i want to get out, i want human interaction"
"what about Ayla" he questioned
"well if i take Maui's shifts, you can look after Ayla"
He sighed, i knew he wouldn't be able to say he doesn't want to look after her, because what grandad doesn't want to look after their granddaughter. i've won
"are you sure, you are ready to be a part from her, it's harder than you think"
"i'll be fine, it's a couple hours every day dad"
"okay fine, but if you want to stop at anytime you can you know that right"
"Thank you. I can finally get out of this house"
"well you can take Maui's lunch time shift tomorrow then"
"okay, i'll be there"
"is there anything else you want to take about" he asked
"no i'm good, what about you, what have you been up too since Maui is gone"
"Well the house is quieter, and cleaner. but i've spent most of my time at the shop"
"you need to get out more dad"
"says you" he laughed
"true, we are both losers"
I heard my computer dinging which meant facetime was going off
"Sorry dad, i think Ash is trying to facetime me, i'll see you tomorrow" i said
"bye Liv, 12:30 tomorrow"
"bye"
I clicked off then legged it to the computer, i must have caught it just before it clicked off. i waited for Ashtons face to appear.
"Hey babe" he said
"Hey, how are you" i asked
"i'm good,what about you and Ay"
"We're good, Ay's sleeping right now, she was a bit cranky earlier"
"so hows tour, where even are you"
"Tour's so amazing, we are in Tokyo right now, Liv, it's seriously amazing here i think Michael is never going to leave"
"i bet he's in heaven"
"he really is, so what have you been up too"
"To be honest nothing, i'm so bored that today i called dad and asked to start work again"
"you're going back to the shop? do you need money, i can transfer you some"
"No babe, i dont need money, i just need something to do, get me out of the house and before you say it, dad is going to look after Ay, i'm just doing a couple hours every day"
"that's good as long as you're happy"
"yup, oh Ay is starting to get her first tooth threw which i think is making her so cranky lately"
"Really, shes going to look so cute with little teeth here and there"
"here i'll show you" i picked up my laptop and carried it Aylas room quietly opening the door. i positioned it so you could see her
"okay i don't know how well you will see it, but right at the front bottom" i said and lightly moved her lips.
"cant see anything babe" he chuckled.
"Ssh" she moved a little.
"sorry" he whispered
"IS THAT LIV" i heard Michael shout and look Ayla started crying
"Good one Michael" Ashton said
"oh sorry, sorry"
i picked Ayla up and rocked her to calm her down.
"Ay look its daddy" i said pointing to the computer.
i moved the laptop onto the floor, then sat down with her.
"Hey princess i miss you" Ashton said
"do you want to show daddy how you sit up all by yourself now" i scooted away from Ayla and she sat there.
"Oh what a big girl you are Ayla" Ashton said clapping which made her start to clap
"Yay Ay" i said clapping along
"I miss my girls" ash said
"we miss you too"
"i cant wait for you to come out next month"
"yeah, it will be weird to leave her though"
"next time we will bring her too, unless you want to bring her to Paris i can see if we can work something out"
"no i don't think i want to fly with her just yet especially with the length of flight it would be"
"ok, then we will stick to the plan"
Ayla started screeching and i knew it was her tooth
"See what i mean, this is because of that tooth" i said
"Why don't you call mum, she will probably have some tips on how to make it more comfortable for her"
i picked her up and reached for her Sophie the giraffe which is a teething toy. i held it to her and she stuck it in her mouth and dribbled everywhere
"yeah i think i will, because i hate hearing her screech like that"
"hey Ashton we gotta go" i heard
"okay 2 secs" he replied
"sorry baby but i gotta go" he said looking said
"okay, miss you"
"miss you too, i really wish i could kiss you right now"
"same babe, it hasnt gotten easier waking up without you"
"i know the feeling. love you so much"
"love you too"
"bye Princess Ayla" he said
"say bye to daddy give hima big kiss"
i waved her little hand at the screen andblew a kiss
"We love you" i said
"love you girls too"
and he clicked off.
a couple minutes later my phone buzzed and i saw @Ashton5sos gotta love modern technology
and a picture of Ashton looking at his computer with me and Ay on the facetime, Michael must have taken it when he barged in. i favourited it and called Anne, she gave me a few tips for teething and told me some medicine to buy. I also told her about starting back at the shop and she said if need she could take Ayla if shes not working which was good.

----

I woke up happy, just something about knowing i'm getting out for a couple hours. i bathed Ayla and put her in some leggins and a t-shirt before putting her back into her cot, with her cries but i have learnt to let her cry because she will soon calm down and she doesnt need me running in every time she cries. i took a quick shower, changed, put my hair up in a bun, made breakfast for us both which was eggs for Ayla and toast and eggs for me. Ayla loves eggs, i say she loves eggs she loves to squish it in her hands and make a mess.
I got her from her cot and put her in her chair before placing the bowl in front of her and let her have her ways with it.
"is that yummy" i said as she had it all over her and the bowl on the floor.
she giggled and looked at the floor covered in egg. I took a picture of her and quickly sent it to ash with "she loves eggs"
"good thing you still get milk otherwise you would be going hungry" i said picking her up and sitting her on me, letting her feed while i finished my breakfast
once finished i put her in the bouncer and then tied up the kitchen, such a small child can make such a big mess. i tided, washed dishes and tidied the living room and bedrooms a bit while she happily bounced.
i let her be for a while until we had to start to leave, i packed her up a bottle and some mushed fruits a change of clothes and put them all in her nappy bag by the door with the stroller.
"come on princess, mummy has to go to work" i said picking her up.
I got the bag and stroller and went out to the car strapping her in before putting the stuff in the boot. i ran back up to the front door to lock it and then back to the car
"are you going to be good for grandad"
i had given her numbing gel on her gums to help with the teething and had packed it in along with sophie. the drive to the complex was okay not too much traffic.
I got the stroller out and placed the bag on the handles before placing Ayla in it and walking round to the shop
"Hello father i am ready" i said walking in
"you're actually on time, i was expecting you to be late"
"nope, here i am on time and ready"
"well go get an apron on and i will keep an eye on her"
i went into the back and picked up the apron and tied it around me before walking out
"okay i'm ready, and dad, she has everything in the bag, along with teething stuff incase she gets fussing"
"got it, i will be back with her to take over in a couple hours"
"okay bye dad" i kissed his keep
"bye princess, have fun" i kissed her too
my first day back is about to start and i'm feeling good about it, i know Ayla is taken care off, i know what i'm doing. It's all good.