Status: working on it

You're Something I Need

Bitter Feelings

Haley Davis was normally a happy go lucky girl, and would accept whatever assignment, her Boss threw her way.Today was not that day, she had just found out she would be Covering Portugal's Matches at the world cup. She wasn't happy, it would mean she would have to be around him again. Spending five horrible years at school together, Clearly hadn't been enough, Fate was kindly putting her back in his path again. " Surely there is someone else you can send?" Haley asked her Boss Lindsay. " I wish there was, but Portugal's coach requested you" Lindsay, she had no Idea about Haley's horrible past with their team Captain. " Why would Portugal's coach request me, I've never met him" Haley said. " You were recommended by Ronaldo himself, apparently" Lindsay said. " Really?" Haley said, she didn't believe that for a second. The last time she saw Ronaldo, he was yelling at her, saying how much he hated her. " Yep, apparently he reads your articles" Lindsay said, wondering why Haley wasn't excited, about Meeting possibly the best player in the world. " Can you just send someone else?" Haley asked again. " Sorry Hals, Portugal want you, you are booked on the first flight tomorrow" Lindsay said. " Great" Haley muttered under her breath as she walked out of Lindsay's office. Haley walked back to her desk, the Memories she had kept locked up all these years, came flooding back to her. Darn Ronaldo, he couldn't just leave her alone, Even after all these years.

*2001*

Haley watched as the coolest kids in school, swaggered into class, she hated them. They were always making fun of her for daring to be different. Keeping her eyes on her paper, she heard someone sit down next to her, looking at them out of the corner of her eyes. She was surprised to see Cristiano Ronaldo sitting there, he normally sat in the back row with the other cool kids. " Hi, Haley is it?" she heard him ask. She nodded, not looking at him. " I need help with Tutoring, and I heard you are the best person to come to" he said, flashing her his award winning smile, that had always worked on other girls. " Why don't you ask someone else?" she asked, not really wanting to help the kid, who was just as bad as the other cool kids. " Because I am asking you" Cristiano said, he needed to improve his grades, if he wanted to keep playing football. From what he heard Haley was the best person to ask for Help. Haley looked at him, she really wanted to say no, but the good part of her won out. " Fine I will help you out, Just as long as you and your friends, leave me alone" she said. " Deal" Cristiano said, smiling warmly at her. " I will meet you after school, and we will take it from there okay?" she asked. " Okay, I'll seen you then, Thanks Haley" he said, getting up, walking back to his desk and sat down beside his latest girlfriend.

*Present day*

Haley regretted ever agreeing to help him, He was just like all the rest of them, cold, calculated, would do anything to get his own way. Going by what the Media said about him these days, he hadn't changed one bit. This summer was going to be a nightmare for her. " I heard you covering the Portugal Matches" Ben her co-worker and sometimes lover said, as he walked over to her and sat on her desk. " Yes, I don't want to though" she spat, as she made sure her latest article was finished. " Why? Portugal may not be the best team, but they do have Ronaldo" Ben said, he was a big fan of the footballer and would have done anything to cover those matches. " Ronaldo's a arrogant Prick" she shot back. Ben rolled his eyes at Haley, he was used to her slating Ronaldo, she made her dislike for him quite obvious. " Why do you hate him?"he asked. Wondering if anything had happened between them, as they both were the same age and came from the same place. " like I said, he is an arrogant prick" she said, turning back to her work.

*2001*

Haley looked impatiently at her watch, he was late. It didn't surprise her, she would give him ten minutes and if he still hadn't turned on she was leaving. Just as she was giving up on him, she saw him running towards him, with a cheeky smile on his face. " You are late" was all she said to him. " Sorry, I was kept behind in class" he said. " Now why doesn't surprise me" she mocked, as they walked to the school Library. Cristiano stared at Haley, she was so cold towards him, not like the other girls, who would giggle whenever he was near them, It was refreshing. " Why are you not like the others?" he blurted out. Haley looked at him oddly, wondering what he was blabbing about. " Excuse me?" she asked, as she sat down at table. " Most girls swoon over me, but not you" he said, sitting opposite. " I am not most girls" she fired back. " I can see that" he said ,grinning at her. That grin unnerved her a little " Lets get on with work, shall we" she said. Cristiano nodded and they settled down and focused on their work. Haley was taken back at how keen Cristiano was about his school work. If he was this keen in all his classes, she didn't get why he was falling behind in his classes. " Can I ask you a question?" she asked. Cristiano looked up at her Curious. " Sure" he said, putting his pen down and leaned back on his chair. " Why are you so mean to me?, you seem like an okay guy when It's just you" she asked. Cristiano thought about it, he had never really been mean to her, his group of friends had. He had just stood in the background, not saying much. " I have never said anything to you" he said. " No but you have never told your friends to stop either" she said. " They have backed off haven't they?" he asked. " Yes, I guess" she said, smiling a little. " Then I have stopped them" he said. He wasn't sure what it was about Haley, but he liked her, she wasn't the most prettiest of girls, there was something there, he couldn't his finger on it. " I would thank you, but I think me helping you, is enough thanks" she said, smirking a little at him. Cristiano smiled at her, glad that he had asked her to be his tutor, she was more easy going towards him, than he deserved.

*Present day*

Haley began packing for the world cup, later that night, she would make sure she kept her distance from Cristiano. He was Toxic, anything that got near to him, usually suffered, well It wasn't going to happen this time. She had changed a lot since her school days, she no longer needed glasses, her hair was blonde now, she had lost all her puppy fat, she was no longer a soft touch. Haley phone lit up, she glanced at it, not recognizing the number that flashed up. She reached over for it and answered the call. " Hello" she said, as she bundled more clothes into her suitcase. " Is this Haley Davis?" a man's voice asked. " Yes, who is this?" she asked. " This is Cristiano's Ronaldo's, agent Jorge Mendes" he said. " Why are you calling me? and how did you get my number?" she asked. " I have my ways Miss Davis, the reason for this call, Cristiano would like to talk to you" he said. " I don't want to talk to him" she spat, thinking she was still talking to Jorge. " Aww I am so hurt" Cristiano's smug voice said. " What do you want?" she asked coldly. " I was wondering, if we could meet up when you get to Brazil, to clear up a few things" he said. " I have nothing to say to you" Haley said. " Well I have a few things to say to you" he said, annoyance creeping into his voice. " I don't care, Ronaldo" she sneered at him, before hanging up on him. Who the hell did he think he was, expecting her to run when he asked, he still was the same old Ronaldo.

*2001*

Haley walked down the school hallway, she came to a stop as she watched the cool kids, pick on their newest target. Her eyes sought out Cristiano, he was hanging around in the background.He wasn't taking part in the bullying, but he wasn't stopping it either. Cristiano suddenly looked up at her and caught her eye, she shook her head at him, before stalking away. She didn't get very far before he pulled her into a empty classroom. " You could have stopped that" she said, not looking at him. " If I did, then it would be me that my friends would turn on" he said. " So you are a coward?" she asked, stepping closer to him. It had been a few months since they started studying together, they had become what she would like to think as Uneasy friends. " It's not that simple and you know it" he glared back at her. All he was doing, was trying to get through school, so he can focus on football." It really is" she shot back. Cristiano took a step closer to Haley " If it was so simple, why didn't you stop it either?" he asked. Haley looked away from Cristiano, he made a good point. Cristiano, placed his finger under Haley's chin and turned her face back to his. " I am not a bad person" he said. Haley knew he wasn't, she saw glimpse's of his good side. " I know" she said quietly. Cristiano moved his head a little, Haley was the only one who got to see his good side. Without thinking, he pressed a kiss to her lips, Haley was in shock, that he had kissed her. This was her first kiss, she didn't know what to do. It was a little sloppy, but it got better as Haley followed Cristiano's lead. As quick as it started, It finished. Cristiano didn't know what had come over him. He watched as Haley trailed her fingers over her lips, that he recently kissed. " I have to go" he said abruptly, opening the door, he was surprised about that kiss. " Wait, we still on for today after school?" she asked. " Yes, I will see you later" he said, quickly making his exit. Haley watched him go, she hoped this kiss, didn't affect how the way he was with her, she enjoyed tutoring him.