Sequel: Brand New Soul
Status: finished

Sold My Soul

Mom and Dad

I woke up the next morning with a tall figure looming over me. I jumped back, terrified, and pulled the blankets up to my chest. “Relax, it’s just me,” Alex said and crawled into my bed with me. I scooted over a bit, waiting for him to say something. “So I talked to Justin…” he started, smiling excitedly.
“Of course he told; that little blabber-mouth.” Alex laughed and nodded, leaning back on his hand. “You knew he would…can I see?” he asked, trying to disguise how eager he was.
I sighed, smiling a tiny bit and cocked my head to the side, his eyes widening as they caught sight of the marks on my neck. “That’s so…weird. Did the guy say anything?”
I’ll see you soon Kellin, behave yourself. “Um, not really,” Alex nodded a bit, shifting his weight on the bed. “Well, maybe he’ll show up at the bar again?” I rolled out of bed and started pulling a shirt on. “I don’t know if I even want to see him again Alex. He attacked me,”
I heard him sigh, knowing he was rolling his eyes at me. “But he was hot right?” I glared at him and grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans, stepping into them. “You really need to sort your priorities out. Vic sucked my blood. Like a freaking vampire Al, I don’t care if he’s hot!”
Alex shook his head at me, a disapproving look on his face. “But don’t you want answers? Like, maybe, why he cornered you in an alley and bit you? Or how exactly, it was possible?”
I pressed my lips together in frustration; of course he was right. He knew me too well, and I hated not knowing something. I couldn’t come up with a logical explanation as to what Vic was and it was going to drive me insane until I found one.
“Okay, you’re right,” I said with a sigh. Alex grinned triumphantly back at me. “See, I knew you’d want to know, you just can’t help yourself.” I stalked out of my bedroom and down the hall, scooping my Vans up off the floor as I walked. “Where are you going?”
I turned to look at him as I slipped my shoes on. “To get some caffeine before I fall back asleep. Wanna come with me?” Alex shook his head, leaning his hip against the built-in island. “I can’t. Jack’s been keeping me off of it. Apparently I’m too hyper,” he said, like it was the most outrageous thing. “Yeah, you’re not hyper at all,” I teased and smiled at the glare he gave me. “Anyway, as much I’m craving a coffee right now, Jack will be mad at me for cheating, so…” I laughed. “Well, you can stay here if you want. Jus should be back in like and hour or so,”
Alex raised his eyebrows at me incredulously. “It’s going to take you multiple hours to get coffee?” I shook my head, pulling on my favorite hoodie and going to grab the messenger bag with my computer in it. “No, I’m going to do some research and at least the coffee shop with serve my cookies,” he laughed and shook his head at me, taking his keys off the counter. “Okay then, I’ll just drop by Jack’s work.” I smiled and slung the bag over my shoulder. “After you,” I said in an over-the-top accent and holding the door open for him. He laughed again and left for the elevator, with me following close behind. “If you see Vic, give him a kiss for me,” he said as the doors opened. I swatted at him, just missing and he scampered away, snickering to himself. I glared after him for a second and then left the lobby, headed towards the coffee shop….

“What can I get for you?” a lanky, brown-haired boy asked. I told him what I wanted, along with my name and sat down in one of the far window booths.
He was kind of cute to be honest; short brown waves and blue-gray eyes with a pair of black, thick-framed glasses.
He came over a minute later, smiling warmly and set my drink down in front of me.
“There you go. Did you want to pay before you leave?” I nodded up at him, returning the smile. “Alright, just let me know if you need anything.” He handed me a copy of the receipt and left. I smiled when I looked at it; he had written his name and phone number at the bottom.
I took a gulp of my coffee and pulled my laptop out, opening it to the internet.
As it turns out, there weren’t any Vic Fuentes’ with a Facebook account. I sighed, more than a little disappointed and closed my laptop defeatedly. Well that sucked. I decided to watch the cute boy; Carter, serve people.
He seemed to know exactly what he was doing as he mixed various cappuccinos and espressos. I had to admit, I was impressed. Being a bartender, I seriously respected when people could make intricate orders from memory, and Carter did it with ease.
The rush lulled a bit; he caught me staring at him and smiled. I blushed into my coffee, hoping he didn’t find me creepy. I was actually thinking about calling him later. It was starting to rain a little, signifying I had to leave before it got bad. I sighed and gathered my things, walking over to the register. I handed him a ten, even though my drink only cost 5.50. “Keep it,” I said when he started to count out the change. He looked a little stunned at my very generous tip, just blinking silently at me. “You’re a good barista,” I said and winked before turning out of the shop. I didn’t bother to pull my hood up; it was only drizzling. I cut don’t my usual alley and nearly jumped out of my skin when someone grabbed my shoulder. “You were looking for me?” a sultry voice asked. My blood went cold realizing who it was.
I whipped around, coming face-to-face with him. “Vic,” I said, my voice not as strong as I would’ve liked. “Kellin,” he copied and took a step forward. I instinctively moved back, remembering the night before. “I want answers,” I said, trying to sound demanding. Vic sighed and nodded. “I know. And I intend to give them back to you.” My eyebrows knit together in confusion at his words. “What do you mean give them back?” I asked. He took another few steps in my direction, my back pressing against the wall as I recoiled away from him. (I have really got to stop walking through alleys. They were only getting me in trouble.)
Vic rolled his eyes. “I’m not going to hurt you Kellin,” he said. I didn’t believe him though; he had attacked me. “What did you mean?” I asked again.
He shook his head a little, seeming to remember I had already asked that. “Oh right. Well, you knew all about me when you were little. Now all I have to do is help you remember.”
Vic didn’t give me the time to be confused, as he was already crushing his lips to mine. I gasped against his mouth and futilely tried to push him away. His strong arms held me in place while his lips worked on mine.
I started to feel dizzy as images and dialogues flooded my eyes. He pulled back when I finally started to comprehend the scene and just held me up as I watched.
I saw my parents, talking to Vic, and a tiny version of me listening in from the stairway.

“So you agree? I will allow him 18 more years before I claim him,” Vic said to the pair of them. It really stung to see them. They gave me up before I was even 5 years old; sending me to a boy’s home in San Diego. “What? No. You were supposed to take him now,” My father demanded.
I whimpered sadly; that really sucked.
“No. I’m not supposed to do anything. He’s your child, so grow a pair and act like it. I’ll be back when he’s old enough to even be useful.” My mother reached for Vic’s arm, but he flinched away.
“We didn’t mean to have him,” she said, making my heart break. “We were teenagers Victor; and we still don’t know the first thing about raising a child. It was a mistake and there’s no one to take care of him anymore.” Vic continued to glare harshly at them. “You’re supposed to. You had him and he’s your responsibility, so fucking act like it!”
The younger version of me peeked through the railing and caught Vic’s eye. My parents must’ve noticed him looking behind them, because they whipped around to look at me. “Kellin go back to bed,” my mother ordered; an unhappy look on her face.
I jumped up at having been caught and looked at Vic. He wasn’t glaring at me the way he had at my parents, instead his gaze was warm and gentle. “Kellin, back to bed, now,”
I ignored my parents, too enamored with the pretty man in our living room.
“Hi Kellin,” he said softly and walked over to the stairs. I didn’t back away like I thought that I would. Instead, I reached for him with my tiny hands and waited for hm to pick me up. Vic smiled and scooped me off the steps, resting my weight on his hip. “Do you know who I am?” he asked in that same, warm tone.
I nodded up at him and smiled. “Vic,” I said back. “What are you doing Victor?” my father asked, apparently displeased. “We don’t now how much he heard and it wouldn’t be safe to let him tell anyone else about this.” His tone was cold and harsh when he spoke to him, but kind when he was talking to me.
“Kellin,” he said, “Do you know why I’m here?” Vic asked.
“For me,” Little Kellin said simply. Vic smiled and nodded. “And do you know what I am?” I looked up at Vic. “Vic,” I answered again.
Vic chuckled at that and squeezed me. “I’m a demon sweetheart and eventually, I’ll be back for you.” Little Kellin watched him in awe as he spoke. “But for now,” Vic said, tilting my head up and looked directly into my eyes.
“You’re going to go back to bed and forget all about me until I come for you, okay?” I nodded.
“No, Victor, you have to take him now,” my dad said. I felt a tear slide down my cheek. They had never wanted me.
“Don’t tell me what to do,” he addressed him, before looking at me again. “I’ll see you soon Kellin, so behave yourself,” was the last thing he said before I fell asleep in his arms.

I didn’t open my eyes when the vision ended, thinking I’d either burst into tears or throw up. “Kellin?” Vic’s voice asked. “W-why did you show me-e that?” I asked, refusing to look at him. “I already knew they never wanted me.” Vic cupped my cheek, my eyes flashing open, and shook his head at me. “No, Kellin, that isn’t why. I wanted you to remember, and it was better for you not to be with them anyways…. I didn’t know they were going to send you away,” he said after a while. “I thought that if I refused to take you until you were older, then they’d have to grow up and take care of you, but instead they hurt you and I’m sorry.” I rubbed at my eyes a little and then threw my arms around his neck.
Vic held me, and for some odd reason, I was comforted. I felt safe in his arms and I actually trusted him. “You trust me now don’t you?” he asked a little cockily, that sultry voice back. I pulled away, a defensive look on my face. “You always did. Even from the start,” he said, making my eyes narrow. “What do you mean ‘always’ and where do think you’re taking me? What even are you?” Vic chuckled and ran a hand through his silky curls.
I caught myself looking him over; he appeared relatively similar to yesterday and the dream. He had on a clean, white button-up with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, black skinny jeans, and matching Vans. To be honest he looked great—what the hell am I thinking?
“Okay, well, firstly I’m a demon, not some silly vampire and I said always because I meant always. I told you I would see you soon and I did. I watched over you, and well, sometimes you found me. For some reason you were never afraid of me. At least not until yesterday…sorry about that by the way, does it still hurt?” it took me a minute to process everything he had said and when I did, I noticed the way he pointed at my neck. Vic came closer to me again and lightly brushed his fingertips over the tender marks, making me flinch. “Sorry,” he whispered and cocked his head to the side.
I immediately flinched away, Vic putting an arm out to stop me. “I’m not going to hurt you,” he said monotonously and touched his lips to my throat. I felt his tongue flick across my skin, leaving a little burning sensation in its wake. His mouth moved against my skin as he sucked what felt like a hickey and then pulled away from me. I touched my neck, expecting the small jolt of pain from before, instead only finding smooth skin. “What—?” Vic smirked at me. “I would’ve done that last night, but I had some thing to attend to.” I realized what he meant; he had healed me.
I stared at him, dumbfounded for a second before regaining my composure. “Where are you taking me?” I asked, remembering my question from earlier. Vic chewed his lip, suddenly avoiding my gaze. “It’s not you in particular Kellin… I’m taking your soul,”
♠ ♠ ♠
so...chapter 2...

so i can't get italics to work, so if it's confusing, let me know

title- "Hold On Till May" Pierce the Veil