Sequel: Brand New Soul
Status: finished

Sold My Soul

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

I mixed the batter for Kellin’s pancakes, having already set up a pan for them. I could heard the shower running; indicating that he’d actually listened to me for once. I started making them for him, losing myself in my thoughts…. My throat ached painfully; I hadn’t fed since I bit Kellin the other day and it was starting to really bother me. “Okay, I’m all done now,” Kellin said from behind me as I flipped the pancakes. “Good, now go sit down and behave until I’m finished cooking,” Kellin smelled wonderful right now and it really wasn’t helping anything. “What’s wrong?” Kellin asked, “You look upset,”
I shook my head dismissively, silently praying he’d leave it alone. “Vic,” he said and walked over to me, disobeying my orders.
“I thought I told you to sit down?” I snapped, getting a little frown from him. “What did I do?” he asked.
I sighed and set the pancakes onto a plate for him.
“Nothing, Kells, just please go over there,” I didn’t meet his eyes as I handed him the plate. Kellin pouted childishly, but didn’t defy me. He ate silently, watching me the entire time and then went and sat on the couch. “Thanks,” he mumbled; a hurt look on his face.
I groaned. “Kellin, don’t,” He cocked an eyebrow at me, obviously annoyed. “I’m sorry I’m being cold towards you,” I said, not really sounding sorry.
“Then tell me what’s wrong.” I sighed and leaned back against the counter.
“I’m hungry,” I said so lowly he probably couldn’t hear me. “Oh,” he moved to sit cross-legged on the couch, looking at me curiously. “So you haven’t…um…” I shook my head. “Why…?” I worried my lip between my teeth, not wanting to tell him the real reason why. “Um…” He stood up and starting walking towards me again.
I shied away, Kellin looking at me funny. “Because I can only, um…from you,”
His eyes widened. “It’s against the rules,”
“Oh, um, oh-okay,” My eyebrows shot up. “Are you serious?” Kellin nodded shyly. “But, um, I want you to explain it first. I know you said you weren’t a vampire or whatever, so why do you drink blood? And why is it only me?” he asked. Of course he was curious; he always wanted answers, no matter how old he was. “Well, I’m a demon, and to stay alive, I need energy. Um, I actually live on the youth of humans…that’s why we make them immortal. When we do, you stay half human and uh, we just kind of feed off of you…” Kellin nodded very slowly. “Uh…okay then…” I pressed my lips together awkwardly, not sure what to say. “Don’t get offended, but I am only allowed to drink from you, because you’re my only soul. The general purpose of a soul is…it’s like a blood slave….” Kellin nodded slowly.
“Well, come here then,” he said and held his hand out for me. I chewed my lip and took it, letting him pull me towards him.

Kellin looked into my eyes expectantly, waiting for my instructions, I guess.
“Okay, um, tilt your head to the side and just um, relax.” He did as I said, cocking his head to the left. I held his hair in one hand, locking him in place and snaked the other around his waist.
His breathing picked up nervously. “Relax,”
I pressed a soft kiss to the skin between his throat and shoulder before sinking my teeth into his neck as gently as I could.
Kellin gasped in pain, his body involuntarily trying to shy away. I tightened my grip on him, moaning quietly as his warm blood pooled in my mouth. I sucked lightly, swallowing, Kellin whimpered when my teeth dug further into his neck; I slid my teeth out and ran my tongue over the wound twice, healing it. He sighed when I pulled back and looked up at me. “Thank you,” I said and sat down on one of the stools surrounding his kitchen island. “Mhm,” Kellin mumbled, obviously a little dizzy and fell onto the couch. “Are you okay?” I asked him, getting a little nod in response. He lay down, pulling his legs up and continued to watch me as I went to the kitchen.
“Here,” I said and handed him one of the sodas from his fridge. “It’ll bring your blood sugar back up. Wouldn’t want you to pass out,”~

Kellin
I walked into my bedroom, searching around for my wallet. “I could always pay,” Vic offered, eyeing me as I bent over.
“And where would you get money from?” I asked, finding the jeans I had worn yesterday.
“That’s really none of your business Kellin,” I rolled my eyes and dug the wallet out of my limp jeans, a crumpled up paper falling out of the back pocket.
My eyebrows knit together and I bent to pick it up. It was the receipt from the coffee shop, Carter’s name scribbled above his phone number at the bottom.
“What’s that?” Vic asked, leaning over my shoulder to look.
“None of your business,” came my retort and moved it out of his vision.
He narrowed his eyes, somehow managing to snatch the little paper from my grasp. “Give it back Vic,” I demanded and tried to grab it from him. He held his arm out of my reach and knocked me onto the bed with a quick bump of his hip.
I protested futilely as he looked it over, cocking an eyebrow at me.
“You got a phone number?” he asked, getting a silent glare in return.
“What the hell kind of lame-ass name is Carter? He sounds like a nerd.” I shoved him, taking the receipt back and tucked it into my wallet.
“You’re not actually gonna call him are you?” If I wasn’t mistaken, Vic actually sounded jealous.
“Yes, I was. And I still am.” He made a face and left my room without another word, leaving me to follow after him. “Are you jealous?” I asked, kind of in awe at the idea of it.
“No. Why would I be jealous?” he said sassily and whipped around to look me in the eye.
“I have things to do,” Vic said and disappeared before I could say anything. “Fine,” I mumbled to no one and went to get my phone. I tapped carter’s name into my contacts so I wouldn’t forget and then hit call.
“Hello?” the familiar voice asked on the third ring.
I was a little flustered, having not planned what to say to him. “Um, yeah, hi, this is Kellin…from the coffee shop?” I kind of asked. What if he didn’t remember me?
“Oh, hi cutie, how are you?” I smiled, blushing a tiny bit and sat down on my bed.
“Hi. I was wondering if you wanted to go out some time.” I waited for his answer, my heart beating nervously.
“I’d love to. I’m free tonight if you want,” I grinned at no one. “That’s perfect. What time?” I asked.
“Um…how about I pick you up for dinner and a movie at eight? I can get us a table at my favorite restaurant? Oh, and is Italian ok?” Carter asked quickly.
“Yeah, that’s great actually. And eight works for me.”
“Good, well I’ll see you then Kellin,” We said our goodbyes, and hung up, just as a sharp knock sounded on my apartment door. “Just a sec,” I called and snatched up my forgotten wallet, heading towards the living room. “HI, thanks,” I said to the pizza guy and set it on the counter. “Its 16.46,” he said. I nodded and gave him a twenty, telling him to keep it. He smiled and left, leaving me alone again. “Well, none for Vic,” I said and put 2 slices on a plate for myself, sitting on the couch to eat. I put the TV on and sat back to eat my lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter is kind of pointless...

title- "Coffee Shop Soundtrack" All Time Low