Light in the Dark

After the first world died, there came to be a world of immortality, in which the humans thrived after the light. But to repay them for their greediness, the light was taken away and so too was their immortality, until one brave man fought to bring it all back.

He was successful -- however, the light came with a consequence. Creatures began to form, those cursed by the moon and those cursed by the sun, feeding off of the humans and forcing them to retreat behind silver-gated walls.

Zana is an orphan -- a gatherer, forced to retreat from the gates each morning to collect food and water for the community in which she lives. Each morning she is forced to risk her life and yet manages to return home safely, until one day, when she is greeted by a pack of hungry wolves.

Zana is not a normal human, however, though she doesn't yet know it. She's part of a prophecy -- a large one; one of which may just cost her her life. But that's not the only prophecy that she's a part of, and this other prophecy involves a feral wolf with a temper problem, a wolf that stares at her as though he wants to eat her.

Soon it becomes a fight to stay alive, with the whole world out to kill her. But the wolf? He wants to keep her.