‹ Prequel: Tumble and Fall
Sequel: Hot Cocoa

Love So Sweet

One

September 2014

"It's snowing!!!" Danni squealed, throwing open the door to her and Ryan's apartment. "In September! Snow!"

She shook the snow from her hair as Ryan paused the video game he and Justin were playing and they both turned to look at her.

"It's snowing?" Ryan repeated.

"Yes! Oh my god! Have you two even moved from that couch today?"

The two men exchanged a look. "Uh, no?" Justin offered.

Danni rolled her eyes. "Shouldn't you two be training or something?"

"Off day," Justin answered.

"Lazy day seems more like it. Have you two eaten? Are you hungry?"

"Starving! What are you making?"

She laughed. "I'm not making anything. Ryan is taking me out to dinner. I don't know what you're gonna do for yourself."

"Nuge owes me dinner," Justin shrugged. "Guess I'm third wheeling it."

“You need to make up with your girlfriend,” Ryan grumbled.

Justin’s girlfriend Jessie had spent most of the last season in Edmonton, after she and Justin had met during the lockout in Oklahoma City. Over the summer, Jessie had needed to go home for her family and Justin elected to stay home to train. Although Danni wasn't a hundred percent clear on all the particulars (but being in a long distance relationship was probably the number one reason for all the stresses that can bring), there had been a fight that led to Jessie staying in Oklahoma City and Justin coming back to Edmonton early, crashing with Ryan and Danni. Neither of them were talking about it but both insisted they were fine and moving on. Danni didn't believe either of them for a second.

“Leave him be,” Danni said, walking over to sit across her boyfriends lap. “Not everyone can be as lucky as you to have me,” she added to lighten the mood.

Ryan grinned. “Depends on your definition of lucky I guess,” he replied with a twinkle in his eyes.

“Jerk,” she shoved at him playfully. She laughed as Ryan pulled her into his chest and tickled her sides.

"Come on!" Justin groaned. "Can you two go five minutes without being so damn cute?"

"No," Danni answered. "I like Nugie too much for that."

"Gross."

"Whatever; you love us."

"You make me miss Jessie," he frowned.

"Have you talked to her?" Danni asked.

"No. We fought last time we spoke and I don't think she'd be happy to hear from me. It's probably better if I just let her be for now."

She reached for his hand and squeezed. "We still love you, Schultzy."

"Speak for yourself," Ryan muttered. Danni elbowed him sharply. "Ow!"

"You're supposed to be sympathetic."

“Because Justin is a moron who let the only person that likes him break up with him? No.”

“I like Justin thankyouverymuch. And right now I like him better than you.”

“Alright, alright, I take it back. We still love you, Schultzy.”

“Thanks, Nuge,” Justin grinned, leaning over to hug the pair. "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Slowly putting this together but just a tease for y'all. I love Ryan and Danni so I'm really happy to be revisiting them again.