‹ Prequel: Tumble and Fall
Sequel: Hot Cocoa

Love So Sweet

Two

A new school year for Danni, kept her busy and away from some team gatherings and and Ryan's preseason home games as his training camp got underway But she made sure her schedule was clear and rearranged for the home opener in October when it rolled around.

Danni was sitting in the floor of the family lounge following the game, a tough loss for the boys after they fought back to tie the game, coloring with Andrew Ference's daughters when she felt a large presence slip into the floor beside her. She glanced over, meeting warm, chocolate brown eyes and a smile.

"Allô. I'm Benoit."

"Danni." He held out his hand and she shook it.

Stella looked up from her coloring book. "Hi, uncle Benny."

"Bonjour petite princesse," he smiled.

"I thought I was the little princess," Ava complained.

"You are my petite chérie."

"I'm just gonna go out on a limb that you're French Canadian," Danni said. "And you know the Ference's."

"Ferry and I played together in Boston a few seasons back. What about you? How do you know the Ference's? I've never heard them mention a nanny."

"I'm not. I met them last year after I moved here. Ava is a student at the school I teach at."

"Are you going out with us tonight? I'd like to buy you a drink, get to know you a little more."

The two little girls giggled and Danni blushed. "I see you've met Danni," Krista Ference said, breaking Danni's gaze away from Benoit and up to the other woman.

"It's easy to pick out the four prettiest woman in the room," he replied smoothly as he stood.

"Danni!" Taylor yelled out as he entered the room, followed closely by Jordan, Ryan, and Justin. "Did you see my goal? It was awesome, right?" He picked her up in a hug. "Where's your jersey?"

"I came straight from work. Hence my fancy WAG clothes. And your goal was okay. Ryan's pass, that was awesome," she grinned.

"Biased," Justin rolled his eyes, pushing Taylor out of the way to hug her too. "My pass was way better."

"Keep telling yourself that," Danni laughed. She hugged Jordan next and then moved towards Ryan. He pulled her in against him and she held him tightly. "Sorry you lost," she whispered.

"I always win when I walk in and see you," he whispered back. She pressed a chaste kiss to his lips before settling in beside him. Benoit shot a look in her direction, eyebrows raised and she looked away quickly.

"You met Benny?" Justin asked. "I don't know what he says most of the time but whatever."

"A few minutes ago," Danni answered. “He caught me coloring with my favorite girls.”

Justin plopped down into the floor beside the two Ference girls and looked between them. “Were you guys keeping Danni out of trouble?”

“Yes!” they chorused.

"Did she cheer for Ryan a lot?"

"Uh-huh," Stella nodded.

"What about me? Did she cheer for me?"

"You know I cheer for all of you," Danni spoke up.

"Yeah, but you cheer louder for me, right?"

"No, for daddy," Ava told him.

"That's right; we are a four member strong Andrew Ference fan club up there," Danni added.

"Thanks, Danni," Andrew said as he joined the small group. "It's good to know I have my own personal fan club and you pay attention to someone other than Nugget."

Krista started to gather the girls things after kissing her husband. “Come on you two; it is way past your bedtime.”

“When are you and Ryan gonna come babysit us again Ms. Danni?” Stella asked as Andrew scooped the little girl up in his arms.

“Whenever your mom and dad want,” she replied. “But I’ll be over Saturday to watch the game with you.”

“Yay!” she cheered, leaning her head on Andrew’s shoulder.

“Don’t stay out too late,” Andrew warned the guys. “We have practice in the morning.”

“Aye aye, captain,” Taylor saluted.

~*~*~


At the bar, Danni was waiting for the bartender to bring back her order of beers when again she felt a presence slip in beside her. “So you’re Ryan’s girlfriend,” Benoit said casually when she looked up at him.

Danni nodded. “For a year and a half now.”

“So that’s pretty serious. And you’re a teacher?”

“Fourth grade.”

“You’re from here?”

“No; I was traveling through Edmonton after I graduated college when I met Ryan.”

“Where are you from then?”

“Philadelphia.”

“Really? An American then.”

“Actually, my dad was from Calgary so I have dual citizenship. Just no fancy second language like you.”

“Je peux vous donner des leçons.”

She blushed for the second time that night at the look he gave her. The bartender walked back then though, saving her as she grabbed the bottles. “Let me help you,” Benoit offered, grabbing several before she could protest.

“Thank you,” Danni replied politely. They made their way through the crowd to the table and Danni handed Ryan one of the beers she carried before stepping into his side. Ryan put one arm around her shoulder and she leaned up to kiss his cheek.

“It’s almost midnight; we should head home soon,” he said to her.

“No school tomorrow,” she answered him. “Unless you’re pretending to forget just so you can get me home alone.”

“I was politely trying to give us an out so everyone didn’t know my plans but since you’ve outed me now, what’s the point?”

Danni giggled and took Ryan’s beer from his hand, handing it to Taylor. “Bye boys. I’ll make sure Nugie is in one piece for practice tomorrow.” There was some good natured chirping as Danni took Ryan’s hand and pulled him away from the table. Their drive home was short, the elevator ride shorter and as Ryan stuck his key in their front door, Danni pushed him back against the wall, her hands running across his shoulders before she pressed the length of her body against his and kissed him.

“Can this wait until we get inside our apartment?” Ryan asked.

“I thought we’d give our neighbors a show.”

“Threesomes and exhibitionism are two things we are not crossing off the bucket list,” Ryan said as he pulled Danni inside with him, closing the door behind them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was home all day with my sick kids and made some progress in this story so an update was in order. Plus my teams are looking terrible tonight so I needed something to make me smile. :)