Status: Update, but be nice, since I'm not even a 'real' 5SOS fan :)

Not What I Expected

A new routine.

“Mom? Have you seen my red and black checked shirt?” I yelled at my mother who was in the kitchen.
“Are you really going to have it on your interview?” She asked me confused.
“Yeah, why would I dress ass something I’m not, and it is not a job where I’ll have to dress up,” I smiled at her when I peeked out of the door opening.
“It is in the dryer,” she told me and I walked to the laundry room.

I took out my shirt and put it around my waist. It was more like an accessory and in case I would freeze. I had a pair of black jeans and my red converse on. My make-up was simple and my hair laid in its natural curls.

“I’m going now,” I told my mother as I walked to the door.
“Good luck today, I hope that you’ll get the job,” she smiled and I walked outside to the car.

The drive to the interview was short and I was soon there, before I exited the car I looked my phone. I got a text from Luke.

“Good luck today sweetheart, you’ll get the job. I love you,” he wrote to me.
“Thank you babe, can I call you after the interview?” I asked him.
“Of course, just give me a call when you’re done,” he said.

I smiled and walked out of my car and I to the animal store where I had my interview. My hands were shaking as I walked closer to the store. I entered it and walked to the checkout.

“Hello, my name is Ashley and I am here for an interview,” I told the sweet lady in the checkout.
“Yes, follow me, he’s waiting for you,” she told me and I followed her with shaky steps, “he’s in here.”

I walked in to a room where a man who was about twenty five sat down. He had black messy hair and brown eyes, he smiled as he saw me and gesticulated at me to sit down.

“Hello, my name is Brian,” he said and I shook his hand.
“I am Ashley,” I smiled at him, he tilted his head and took up some papers.
“I believe that you’re here for the job in the shop,” he asked me and I nodded at him, “do you have any experience with animals or have you worked in a shop before.”
“I have worked at a shop before, and I have a cat at home, and I had gerbils when I was younger,” I told him and he nodded at me.
“Do you have any problems with heavy lifting,” he asked me.
“No, I like to work with my body.”
“That’s good. I really like what I see. When can you start?” He asked me and a smile formed on my lips.
“As soon as possible,” I smiled at him.
“Can you start tomorrow?” he asked me.
“Yes.”
“Then welcome to the family,” he smiled at me, making me shake even more.
“Do you mean that I got the job,” I half screamed at him.
“Yeah, you got it, I think that you’ll be perfect for this job and that you can give us something,” he smiled and I jumped of my chair in happiness. He just laughed at me, “do you want a tour of the shop? And then I can give you your schedule and clothes.”
“Yes please.”

I walked with Brian in the store, he showed me around and then he introduced me to the other girl who worked there, her name is Steph. We walked in to a dressing room where I got my clothes and then he walked out to another room and gave me my schedule. I was working eight to five every weekday and were off at the weekends. Which was nice. I had to sign some papers before I could go back home. I was filled with happiness the whole time, I couldn’t believe that I actually got a job.

“I’ll see you at eight tomorrow then,” Brian told me.
“Yes, I look forward to it,” I smiled at him as I walked out of the store and in to my car.

I dialed Luke’s number as I sat in the car and was on the way home.

“Hey Ash, how did the interview go?” He asked me as he answered the phone.
“I got the job,” I squealed.
“You got the job!” He half screamed, “I knew that you would get it.”
“I can’t really believe that I got it,” I said and smiled.
“When do you start?” He asked me.
“Tomorrow,” I told him.
“So soon?” He asked me.
“Yeah, they really need the help.”
“That is great Ashley, but I have to go now, can we talk more later?” he asked me.
“Yeah sure, skype me when you can,” I told him.
“I love you, bye,” he said and hung up.

Soon I was home and my mother greeted me and I told her the news, she got really happy for me and I smiled at her when she jumped around in the house. I just laughed at her and walked in to my room. I took out my sketch block and some pens and continued with the sketch I started with some weeks earlier. I had sketched a head and continued with the hair that turned out creepily like Luke’s hairstyle. So I decided to just do a sketch of Luke. I missed him a lot, it had been two weeks since we said goodbye and it would be two weeks left until I would see him again.

Later I got a skype call from Luke and I put my computer on the bed and placed me opposite it. I answered the call and saw that all the guys were there.

“Hello guys,” I told them.
“Hello,” they all said.
“How did the interview go?” Michael asked me.
“Haven’t Luke told you guys?” I asked them and they shook their heads.
“I got the job,” I squealed as I told the guys, they all smiled.
“Congratulations Ash,” Ashton said and the other guys congratulated me as well.
“I’m starting tomorrow, it will be so much fun,” I said and nearly jumped of my bed of excitement, “how the tour going?”
“It’s great, we’re kicking as, but that’s nothing new,” Calum joked.
“Yeah, I saw a clip from yesterday, you rocked,” I smiled at them and they all laughed at me.
“Good luck tomorrow at your new work, we have to go now, we have a show any minute,” Luke told me and I smiled.
“I love you,” I told him.
“I love you too,” Michael told me.
“Screw you, bye,” I said and ended the call.

I sat some alarms on my phone so that I would wake up tomorrow, I wouldn’t want to be late on my first day. I took a fast shower and then went directly to bed.

My alarm ringed early the next morning and I got up from my bed, I was not a morning person. But I walked in to the kitchen where my father greeted me and I ate some breakfast. Then I walked in to my bedroom and put on some clothes. I did my usual make-up and hair routine and was done after half an hour, I brushed my teeth and my father drove me to my new job.

“Good luck today,” he told me when I jumped out of the car.
“Thank you, can you pick me up later?” I asked him.
“Yes of course, see you later,” he told me and I closed the door and he drove away.

I walked inside the shop and Steph smiled at me when she saw me. I walked in to the dressing room and got changed. I got a pair of black working pants and a red t-shirt. I went outside to the store once again and Steph taught me how the checkout worked, and then she told me to place out some dog food in the store. It was pretty heavy but a nice job. I did it the whole morning and it was soon lunch.

I ate with Steph and it was nice. She was a nice girl.

“So, do you have any boyfriend or so?” She asked me.
“Yeah,” I shrugged at her, “you?”
“No, I’m single. Tell me about him,” she said and leaned forward, looking curious.
“His name is Luke, and he is a real sweetheart. We’ve been together for about two or three months, I don’t know exactly,” I told her.
“How did you meet?”
“I met him at a concert,” I told her.
“What kind of concert?” She asked me, and I didn’t want to spit out to much about Luke.
“Just a random concert I went to,” I smiled at her and she nodded.

I took up my phone and scrolled through my twitter and saw that the 5 Seconds of Summer gossip page had updated with a new picture. It was a picture of Luke and a girl. The girl and he kissed, I felt a lump form in my stomach until I realized that it was a picture of me and Luke outside the restaurant he took me to for the date. I had flat hair, so it did not look like me. I exhaled hard and the lump disappeared. This was a problem for me, gossip around Luke that could destroy our relationship. I didn’t know what he was up to, I trusted him of course. But still, anybody could cheat. And I had been through it once and didn’t want to relive it.

The lunch break was soon over and I went back in to the store with Steph, she asked if I could clean some cages for the animals and I didn’t protest. They had rats, bunnies, hamsters, gerbils and some other animals. It took the whole afternoon to clean to all the animals and I said goodbye to Brian and Steph. My father stood outside waiting for me and I jumped in to the car and we drove home. He asked me about work and I answered him so good I could. When I came home I ate dinner and then I crashed in my bed and fell asleep.

My alarm rang the next morning and I whined as I saw that I had ten missed calls and a lot of text messages from Luke. I looked through the texts and it was just that he wanted to talk to me and that it was urgent. I called him directly.

“Hello?” Luke said sleepily.
“Hey, you called, I fell asleep after work, I’m so sorry,” I told him and he grunted.
“Don’t worry, how was your day,” he asked me and it sounded that he would fell asleep any second.
“It was great, I really like it,” I told him and smiled. I rested my phone at my shoulder and ear as I started to get dressed for another day at my new work.
“That’s good. That’s good,” he said.
“Baby, go to sleep, we can talk later,” I told him and he whined.
“But I want to talk to you now.”
“You’re falling asleep any second, I can call you at my lunch break instead, okay?” I asked him.
“Okay, I love you,” he said.
“I love you too,” I told him and hung up.

I got ready for work and the day went by fast. If it would go this fast I would see Luke soon enough.