Status: **WARNING** cursing is involved in this story A LOT.

My Only Retreat

Everything's okay (I think)

*Later that day*
*Katelynn's POV*
"Ugh what the fuck is on my head?" I quietly ask myself, reaching up to figure out what it was.
"Why are you feeling my face Kat?" Vic groans sleepily.
"Because I can." I laugh. "Now get off of me. You have sound check in a few hours, so get up."
"Do I have to?" He whines, wrapping his arms around me. "I wanna spend more time with you."
"You're cute Vic. Yes you have to. PTV fans need you. I'll be there dont worry." I giggle, blushing a little.

-Sound Check-
Watching PTV do what the love always makes a smile slide across my lips. They put so much of their heart and soul into performing and its fun to watch.
I sit quietly on the floor of the venue listening to them and helping out their sound guy and also singing along to 'Caraphernelia'. Paying careful attention to the way Vic, Tony, and Jaime move about the stage.
"Katelynn! Are you deaf?" Tony yells, laughing.
"Just about! Why do you ask?" I counter.
"I called your name like 10 times." Tony replies.
I applaud him sarcastically. "Do you want a sticker?" I laugh.
"Shut the fuck up." He yells, setting down his guitar and jumping off the stage running towards me.
I try to slide away from him but thats not exactly easy when you dont have use of your legs.
He tackles me and pins my arms to my sides. "Caught you." He smirks.
"Okay I surrender! What do you want?" I laugh.
"The guys wanna hear you sing." He smiles letting go of my arms and sitting beside me.
I sit up and look towards the stage. "But I've only sang to you and Vic." I mumble quietly to him.
"Please Kat." Vic says into his mic so he doesnt have to yell.
Tony doesnt wait for my answer. He just scoops me up of the ground and walks toward the stage.
"You can just pretend that we're not here." Mike adds, jumping off of his drum riser and walking toward the front of the stage.
Tony sets me on the edge of the stage next to Vic's foot pedals and mic stand and hops back onto the stage.
I sign and nod my head. "What song?"
"Any song you want." Tony answers.
I drum my fingers on the stage, thinking about what song to do.
I smile as a song pops into my head.
"This song is Riley's favorite." I smile. "Tony knows it."

"As we wake up in your room,
Your face is the first thing I see,
The first time I've seen love,
And the last I'll ever need,

You remind her that your future would be nothing without her,
Never lose her, I'm afraid,
Better think of something good to say

But it's all been done, more than once so I'll keep on trying,
Oh God don't let me be the only one who says...

No! At the top of our lungs,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
When second chances won't leave you alone,
Then there's faith in love

She was always the one,
I'll repeat it again, the one,
No such thing as too young,
Red lights flash in the car we're kissing in,
Call me crazy,

I've always tried to remind her that the future's
Just a few heartbeats away from disaster.
I'm afraid that I've thrown it all away.

No! At the top of our lungs,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
Second chances won't leave you alone (won't leave you alone...)

No at the top of our lungs,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
Second chances won't leave you alone

(No)
We'll repeat it again,
There's no, no such thing as too young,
Second chances won't leave you alone,
'Cause there's faith in...

(Love)
If you kiss me goodnight,
I'll know, everything is alright,
Second chances won't leave us alone,
Won't leave us alone,
'Cause there's faith in love"

"Why arent you famous yet?" Jaime asks.
"Because I'm not that good." I reply, pulling my knees up to my chest so i can rest on them.
"Thats the biggest lie I've ever heard in my life." Mike says.
"I couldnt believe you even if I tried. My parents have drilled that into my head ever since I found my voice." I sigh. "I'll try my hardest though. I love you guys way to much to let you down."
"You better because its true. We actually care about you more than her parents ever will." Vic smiles sitting down next to me.
"No stand back up. You have to finish sound check." I giggle trying to push him away from me. "Your show should me more to you right now than I do."
"Dont ever say that something should mean more to me. Like I said earlier; you mean the world to me and it hurts to hear you say that." He says giving me a weird side hug so he doesnt stab me in the stomach with the neck of his guitar.
"Vic, can you put Katelynn back where she was? Because I need her help." Their sound tech asks. (Sorry I dont know their name)
"Yeah sure." Vic answers setting his guitar on the floor and picking me up bridal style to put me back in my spot.