Status: In Progress

Indigo Sky

Young Forever

Chapter Twelve: Young Forever
*Bree’s POV

Things have been kind of tense lately. I mean, we made up with Nikki and things have gotten better. We live with the girl, there’s only so long that we can ignore her for.

But our lives have gotten a little hectic since the music video shoot. People actually like our song and they’re playing it pretty regularly on the radio. We’re getting tons (like hundreds of thousands) of views of our music video on youtube. And lots of views on our other videos and comments on twitter. We’re starting to have a following. I can’t believe that it’s all coming together the way we always wanted it to.

I think it’s funny that the picture in Life&Style magazine of us with One Direction has been circulating the internet with lots of speculation as to if any of us is dating any of 1D. It probably didn’t help that Lex and I went to grab coffee with Zayn and Harry a week or so ago and that picture hit the internet and the magazines as well. At least you can see me in those pictures.

Hanging around Lex and Harry is…interesting. There’s so much sexual tension between those two you could cut it with a knife. It’s kind of funny to just watch them around each other. I’m not sure where it’s going between the two of them but there’s definitely something between them.

And Zayn asked for my number when we were at Starbucks and we have been texting back and forth a bit ever since then. He’s beautiful, with those eyelashes and cheekbones that I would die for. It’s always nice to surround yourself with beautiful men.

So we’re a little bit stressed out right now. Mark says the important step before our cd launches is to get on a tour and get out there and perform in front of people. It’s important to get on the right tour though so we get the right exposure. However, you have to get a tour offer, which is frustrating and then the record labels have to figure out all the fine details. While we’re waiting, we’re playing some local venues to keep our name out there and fine tuning some album details.

Tonight Mark is throwing a party in our honor at a venue in downtown LA. Technically it was for finishing our album, but I think the main purpose of the party is for publicity. We’re going to perform a bunch of songs off so called album and Mark is going to plug the release date for the album.

The stylists had gotten ahold of us again last week. I now have long extensions and lowlights. I have to admit that I personally like that the stylists have done for us. I know some of the other girls were whining over their newly waxed eyebrows (Lex) or not comfortable in some of the clothes the stylists suggested (Callie) or super difficult and wouldn’t let them touch their hair (Nikki). But I for one am all about it. I think I look better than ever. My spray tan looks awesome and I’m digging the long hair.

I looked over at Alexa, who was fixing her eyeliner in the mirror next to me. She caught me looking and raised an eyebrow. I just smiled back at her, smudging my own eyeliner carefully. There had been a lot of focus on her when we went to the salon, which doesn’t bother me. I know getting into this that Lex was going to be the lead of the group. We had been thirteen and singing along to Skater Boy and I knew then that I was standing next to a star. Some people are just born with it.

She spritzed some perfume on herself and held it out for me. I sprayed it on my wrists and then sprayed some in the air and we did the walk through. It was Juicy Couture, another freebie from our stylists (or were we secretly being charged for all of this somehow?)

“I’m weirdly nervous about this.” Lex said, once we were doused in perfume.

Nikki came into the bathroom, fluffing her hair nervously. The stylists had wanted to dye her hair blonde but Nikki had refused (I think they were worried about too many girls with dark hair in the group). Instead, they had given her a choppy haircut and bangs. She couldn’t stop looking at herself because I think she wasn’t sure if she liked it or not. I personally think light hair would be a nice change for Nikki. But she thinks the only reason they want to dye her hair is so Lex will be the only one with dark hair, which actually might be true…

A limo took us to the venue, which was pretty exciting. I think that it was a move to set up us up as stars as we went into the venue, not a new group. Either way, I’m not complaining about getting to ride in a limo. There was a mini bar tucked into the corner, but I ignored it. I would utilize that on the ride home. I had a show to do.

As we headed into the venue, there was some photographers waiting outside. We posed for some pictures, which made me laugh. I’m sure that Mark and the label hired photographers to be at our event, but it was still cool to see them shouting for us and snapping our picture.

Lauren immediately herded us backstage where Mark was waiting for us. He was sort of pacing back and forth in the space behind the stage. Mark didn’t seem like someone who got nervous much, but he did seem almost anxious. He’s fairly young to be in the position that he is. I think he’s got a lot to prove with our group. He bid like crazy to be our manager, he believes in us and our talent. He’s got almost as much riding on our success as we do.

“Let’s hit the stage!” He called, gathering us together.

I know there are a lot of important people here tonight. Mark called in all his connections and the record label sent out invitations to radio dj’s and other music industry people to come see us. It was a little daunting. There was also some celebrity friends that Mark had asked to come. I know that some of the actors from some CW shows were out there (our record label is owned by the same producing company). I hope that one sexy vampire actor is out there…

The show seemed like it was over almost as soon as it began. Time seems to pass a little differently when you’re onstage. The lights, the music, everything just takes over and you’re lost in the performance. I feed off the energy of the crowd , and it seemed like we were getting a great reaction to our songs.

Mark was beaming when we trooped off the stage, so he must have thought we did okay. “The crowd loved it. I saw a lot of really positive reactions. Now, I need you guys to go out and mingle with the crowd and introduce yourselves. Put a face to the band now.”

He signaled a waiter and snagged us some drinks. He handed one to me and Lex. “You girls know what to do.” He winked. That meant we needed to flirt a little and be our natural charming selves.

He left us to go talk to someone and we were left standing there by ourselves. We were definitely getting a lot of attention from the people in the room, who had just seen us perform and now we were standing awkwardly in the middle of them.

“Okay.” I said, taking a big gulp of my champagne. “We just need to mingle and chit chat. Thank people for coming, talk about the album. Mention that we’re looking for a tour to take it to the next step.”

Callie was examining the crowd with a dubious look on her face. “He just wants to walk around and talk to people about ourselves?”

“Self promotion.” I drained my glass and deposited it with the closest waiter. “Just like what you do on twitter, Cal, but in real life.”
“It’s easier on the internet.” Callie mumbled. “I don’t actually have to talk to people.”

“Oh c’mon, we just sang in front of them. This is cakewalk.”

“Maybe for you. You’re great at talking to people.” Callie protested further. “I’m not so great at this.”

“Then follow my lead.” I said, taking her hand. “You and I will take this side of the room. Lex and Nik take the other half. “Remember, be charming.” I winked at Lex and drug Callie off towards the nearest group of people.