Namimori School Play

Chapter 4

“The best person for the roll of the princess…is Gokudera Hayato!”

“Huh?!” Yamamoto and Gokudera spoke in harmony just as the girls had.

“Why the hell does it have to be me?!” Yamamoto’s grip on Gokudera tightened again.

“Because…” started a girl from the journalism club.

“Gokudera is perfect for Yamamoto…” continued a girl from the photo club.

“And Yamamoto is perfect for Gokudera,” a girl from the drama class finished.

Gokudera was grinding his teeth together, Yamamoto wore a confused smile, and Tsuna stared silently with his mouth open.

“What the..? You’ve got to be fucking kidding me!” It took everything he had in him to keep from making the girls explode. When the girls answered with smiles, Yamamoto let out a soft sigh.

“You know Gokudera. It seems like you’ve had a lot on your mind. Participating in the school play could take your mind off it,” the taller teen suggested.

“Ch.” Gokudera put the dynamite away and looked off to the side. Yamamoto let go him when he was sure the silver haired boy wasn’t going to suddenly snap.

“We need to start writing the script right away!” The girls in the journalism class ran off.

“Gokkun, could you come with us please? We need to take your measurements so we can make your costume.” The girls in the photo and drama club tugged on his arms.

“Go…Gokkun?!” He was regretting that he allowed them the chance to make a fool out of him. “Ah, I just thought of something.”

The girls stopped pulling on his arms and listened to their new princess.

“How am I supposed be able to pass as a girl? I don’t sound anything like one.”

“Reborn might have something.” Tsuna butted in. Yamamoto and Gokudera had almost forgotten he was there. The silver haired boy took a mental stab to himself before he realized that Tsuna had just trapped him in for good.

“I’ll ask him when I get home, then, if he has something, we can try it out to see how well it works.”

xXx

“What are you doing home, Tsuna?” Reborn asked as he pointed a rather large gun at the future Mafia boss.

“We got let out early!” Tsuna fell back trying to avoid being shot. “A…anyway. I need something can change your voice.”

“There might be something in 10 years that could help you out,” the hitman said only really half-paying attention to his student.

“So we have to ask adult Lambo then.” Tsuna sighed. This was going to be a little harder than he was expecting. “I’ll ask him the next time we see him.”

“Who are you? I am Lambo. Who am I? You are Lambo.” Lambo entered butt first through Tsuna’s window. “Ahahahahahahaha! I’ve got you now Reborn!” Before he could launch a barrage of missiles at his rival, Reborn kicked him in the head, knocking him into the wall just above Tsuna bed.

“Must…stay…calm…waaah!” Lambo pulled the 10-year-bazzoka out of his hair and vanished into a cloud of pink smoke.

“Speak of the devil…”Tsuna sighed.

“Good to see you young Vongola.” Adult Lambo greeted casually as he always did.

“Adult Lambo, I have a question for you.”

“And I might have an answer. What is it?”

“Do you have anything in the future that can change someone’s voice? Something small that you can’t really see.”

“Yeah we got something like that. I’ll make sure to carry a few with me so that the next time my younger self shoots the 10-year-bazooka I’ll be able to give it to you.”

“Thank you so much adult Lambo.”

“No problem. Just curious though, what do you need it for?”

“Gokudera was forced into being the princess for the school play.”

The older Lambo laughed to himself at the thought of Gokudera in a dress.

Tsuna stared, confused. The Bovino hitman took notice and smiled before he disappeared into a cloud of pink smoke.

xXx

Gokudera was on his way home for the day. After what had happened that morning from play the piano and with the girls from the drama and photo clubs, staying for the rest of the day was just asking for torture.

He shuddered at the thought of what happened before he stormed out of the school.

- Flashback -

“Gokkuen! Try this on, please,” one of the girls chirped as she brought out an old princess costume.

“Look, I understand that I’m the only person so far that you guys think fits the role, but I never agreed to the damn thing.” Gokudera protested knowing full well that he probably wasn’t going to get out of it anyway.

“But, Gokkun, we need an idea of what might look good on you,” the girl with the dress pouted.

“Maledizione…” Gokudera glared at the girl before him. “How many times do I have to tell you? I’m not wearing a fucking dress.”

The girls pout was replaced by an evil grin, making Gokudera stumble backwards slightly. “Wha…what the hell are you thinking?”

She called in several other girls, with her same grin ringing through her voice. 4 other girls walked into the room and started walking towards their Italian princess, forcing him into a corner. Before Gokudera could ask what they were doing, the girls tackled the silver haired teen and started to strip him.

He kicked and shoved frantically at the girls, but it didn’t help. Within seconds he was sitting on the floor in his boxers. The girls tried to hold back their laughter, only able to suppress it to a light giggle.

They hadn’t thought a tough guy like Gokudera would wear boxers with cute little coyotes. Gokudera suddenly realized what they were laughing at when he saw a flash of light followed by a quiet click.

“Delete that! NOW!” Gokudera jumped at the photo club girls. It was bad enough that they got a photo of him half-naked, but having a photo of him wearing the most embarrassing boxers was the worst blackmail ever.

As long as they had that there was no hope for the Italian to get out of the play. After a few more pictures were taken Gokudera gave up on them. He figured that even if he was able to catch them, those girls were too stubborn to delete them anyway.

“We could sell these for so much money!” One of the girls squealed as she flipped through the photos.

“Fuck…you guys…are messed up…” Gokudera managed between gasps for air. That’s it, he was definitely going to quit smoking.

One of the girls sat next to him and patted him on the back. He moved his silver hair out of the way to look up at the girl to see her smiling. “We won’t sell them, ok? Promise!” She held out her pinky to show that she was telling him the truth.

“Whatever…” Gokudera scowled and lifted up his own pinky to meet with hers. This made her smile widen.

“So are you going to wear the dress now?” She asked when he let go. The silver haired teen didn’t answer. He was too tired now to resist anyway so he might as well.

The girls from the photo club continued to take pictures of him as he struggled to get the dress on. Surprisingly enough, the dress fit him perfectly. Although the top was loose and it was a little short since it was meant for girl shorter that him.

“Gokkun looks so pretty in a dress! He’s just like a girl.” One of the girls said as she took a picture of him.

“Stop calling me that! And I don’t look like a girl.” Gokudera complained. He didn’t want to admit that he did. Because admitting it meant that it would be true. And according to the Italian, looking like a girl was definitely a lie.


- End Flashback -

“Wasn’t this supposed to take my mind off things?” Gokudera sighed, remembering what Yamamoto told him to try to get him to agree to the part. “So why does that dress look like her favorite?”

He shoved his hand into his pocket searching for his keys. When he found them, he pulled them out and held them up to the door.

“You’re just like your mother, Hayato.” It was a man’s voice, tainted with pride. “Absolutely stunning in every way possible.”

The silver haired teen shook his head to relieve himself of the thought he just had. He didn’t need all these memories coming all at once. Besides, what were they supposed to mean?

Gokudera decided it was best not to think about that for now and walked into his house. He took a few steps before he turned his attention to the single piece of furniture in his living room.

“I really should clean that, it looks like I got it from a haunted mansion,” he sighed, resting his hand on top of the old piano.

“Looks like a ghost is going to jump out.” Gokudera spun around and threw his book bag in the direction of the one voice he didn’t want to hear.

“Damn, baseball-idiot. Just because you know where I live now doesn’t mean you can come over whenever you want!” Yamamoto just smiled at his aggravated friend. “How’d you get in here anyway?”

“You’re door was wide open,” the baseball player replied, still smiling. Gokudera smacked himself in the forehead.

“Should you be in school?”

“Same goes for you.” The taller teen laughed at his friend’s expression. Obviously he was unable to think of a witty retort in time. “Well, our teacher was sick and the substitute never showed up.”

“So why the hell did you come to my house?”

“I thought it would be nice to hear you playing again.”

“I wasn’t going to play. Besides I’m busy cleaning it.” Gokudera walked into the kitchen to grab a damp cloth.

“How about if I help? Will you play for me then?” Yamamoto was still smiling, but it wasn’t the usual idiotic, goofy smile he gave everyone. This subtler smile made the shorter teen stop and stare. He’d never seen him smile like that.

Gokudera handed a damp cloth to the baseball player after a short silence. “The piano is really old and important to me, so make sure you’re careful, baseball-idiot.”
♠ ♠ ♠
High five to anyone who gets the coyote reference. It's from another fanfiction on LJ.
Let me know if you'd like to read it.