Status: Updating when I can.

Second Chance

Someone Had To Let Go

Hanna frowned at her record Manager, she didn't understand why she was being so aggressive towards her. Hanna's last album had hit no 1 in fifty different countries. " Why are you so angry?, My last album sold well" she said. " There is only so many times you can release a heartbreak album Hanna" Jessica said. " I have only released two" Hanna fired back. " I understand that, I am only suggesting that your next album should be a little more upbeat" Jessica said. Hanna sighed, sad ballad songs were her thing, ever since she broke up with her ex. Maybe it was time to move on, he clearly had. " Fine, I'm open to Idea"s Hanna said. " Great, well there is this song writer in Germany, he wants to work with you" Jessica said. Hanna's head shot up " Germany" she said quietly. " I know you don't want to go back there, but he is a top song writer Hanna" Jessica said. " Where about in Germany?" She asked. Jessica looked down at her notes. " Dortmund" she said. " Oh hell no, you know I can't go back there" Hanna said. " Hanna it's been three years, since you guys broke up, he has moved on" Jessica said,using a bit of tough love. " I know that, but I don't want to live in the same city as him" Hanna spat. " It will only be for six months Hanna, then you never have to go back" Jessica said. Hanna groaned as she lay her head on the table, she really didn't want to go back to Dortmund. " Fine I will go" Hanna grumbled. " Great, I will call Thomas to let him know you will be in Germany for next week" Jessica said ,as she walked out the room. Hanna thought back to that night she had walked on her boyfriend. He had claimed he loved her and that she was the only one for him, well he clearly meant none of that.

* Three Years earlier*

" Babe" Hanna called out as she arrived home, she was excited, she had just landed her first record deal and couldn't wait to share the news with Marco. The lights were all off downstairs, it was strange he was usually home by now. Placing her keys and bag down, she walked upstairs. " Marco" she called out softly, walking towards their bedroom. She head soft moans coming from the room. Pushing the door open, her heart broke as she watched her boyfriend, having sex with one of her closest friends Carolin. Hanna let out a little gasp, that alerted the couple in the bed, that they were not alone. Carolin quickly climbed off Marco. Hanna stared at her boyfriend of two years. Words failed to come out of her mouth, she turned and hurried downstairs, wishing she could wipe the memory of him in bed with her. " Hanna" she heard him call, she ignored him and turned on the Living room lights, trying to figure out what to do.

Hanna heard him walk into the room, she couldn't even bring herself to look at him.

" Hanna" he began, he felt bad for what she had just walked in, he hadn't wanted her to see them like that.

" How long?" she asked, still not looking at him. He had literally Ripped her heart out her chest and smashed it to pieces.

" Does that matter?" he asked softly.

" To me yes, How long?" she asked again

" A few weeks" Marco said, he knew that Hanna was destined for bigger things than just being his girlfriend. He knew she wouldn't follow her dreams as long, as he kept holding her back, Someone had to let go.

" I thought you loved me" Hanna said weakly.

" I do, I did" Marco said, a little confused himself. Ever since he started sleeping with Carolin, his feelings were not the same as they used to be for Hanna.

" Wasn't I enough for you?" she asked, glaring at her soon to be ex-boyfriend. There was noway she was staying with him after what he did.

" You were, this has nothing to do with you, you did nothing wrong" Marco said, moving a little closer to Hanna.

" Please tell me you aren't using the it isn't you, it's me speech on me" Hanna yelled at him.

" We are just heading in different directions Hanna, we don't want the same things anymore" he said.

" I suppose Carolin does?" Hanna hissed back at him. Wondering where her friend was, she hadn't seen her leave the house yet.

" She wants to stay in Dortmund, you don't" Marco said.

" How do you know I don't" she yelled back at him, she would have stayed in Dortmund forever for Marco.

" I see the look, you get in your eyes about Touring, you are only 21, you shouldn't be tied down at that age" Marco said.

" Stop making excuses Marco" she yelled at him, Carolin was the same age.

" I am not making excuses, look me in the eye and tell me you don't want to tour?" he said.

Hanna looked directly at Marco, she couldn't lie to him of course she wanted to go on Tour, singing had always been her dream and he knew it.

" I was so happy when I came home tonight, I wanted to share my news with you" she said sadly.

Marco stared at his girlfriend, wondering what she was going on about.

Hanna looked back up at Marco." You are right, I do want to tour, I finally got signed to a record label" she said.

Marco smiled at the news, he knew she would end up getting signed, he couldn't be more happy for her.

" Just because I want to have a career, didn't mean it had to be the end for us" she said quietly.

" Someone had to let go, we both need to do our own thing now" Marco said.

Hanna nodded, she would never forgive him for cheating on her, but she agreed with him, they were done.

" Just so you know, I never stopped loving you, but it seems you stopped loving me the minute you jumped into bed with her" Hanna said. She headed to the door. She would get her brother, to get her stuff when Marco was away playing football.

Marco reached out to grab her arm, he didn't want to end things like this. Hanna shrugged him off, if she stayed any longer she would break down in his arms.

" Goodbye Marco" she said, then opened the door and walked out their home and his Life. She wasn't sure she would ever see him again. He had broke her heart, it would take her time to get over that.

* Present day*

Hanna frowned at the Memory, she still hated him for what he did, but she was also kinda thankful to him. He was part of the reason why her albums had sold as well as they had. Hanna had kept up to date on Marco, she was proud of what he achieved in such a short time. She had a couple of times gone to call him, but something had always stopped her. Even though it was three years ago since they last saw one another, it still felt like Yesterday.

Jessica walked back into the room, Hanna looked up at her " That is sorted, you tickets to Germany have been booked" Jessica said. " Okay" Hanna said, she didn't really want to go back, but like Jessica said, this songwriter was really good.

" You don't have to see him you know?" Jessica said softly, she knew all about Hanna's and Marco's History.

" I know, but he will find out I am back in Dortmund, we sort of have the same friends" Hanna said.

" They might not tell him, he seems happy with Carolin" Jessica said.

Hanna flinched at the name, she hadn't talked to Carolin since that night, she never planned to again.

" He does, he is the one that cheated, yet here I am three years later still Miserable" Hanna said.

"See this is why you need to make more Happy Music" Jessica teased lightly.

" Ha Ha" Hanna said sarcastically, getting to her feet, the meeting was done, she was going home to sleep.

**************

Marco Laughed at Erik's latest drama, apparently he forgot it was Haley's birthday and she was refusing to talk to him.

" Dude how could you forget your girlfriend's birthday?" Marco asked.

" I was busy, Haley told me to get the spare room ready, for Hanna coming back" Erik blurted out without thinking.

Marco froze at his ex-girlfriend's name, they hadn't really spoken since they had broken up. He was proud of her success although he couldn't listen to her music. It was kinda hard to, when it was all directed at him. He wasn't surprised she had used their break up on her albums and he hadn't blamed her.

" Oh shit, I wasn't supposed to tell you" Erik, said, realizing he had made a massive mistake.

" Why?" Marco asked.

" Hanna doesn't want you to know that she will be here for the next six months" Erik said, his big mouth again giving away too much information.

Marco was a little annoyed that Hanna wanted their friends to lie to him. It had been three years, he had moved on and thought she had also, but clearly not.

" I can't believe she is behaving like this" Marco said, annoyance flashing in his eyes.

" Not being funny, but you did cheat on her, maybe she just doesn't want to see you" Erik said.

" That is fine, but getting our friends to lie to me, not cool" Marco ranted.

" You cheating on her wasn't cool, so just drop it" Erik said, he hated seeing Marco so worked up.

" I guess, I will just have to, she doesn't want to see me, then she won't see me, you can tell her that" Marco said, before storming away.

Erik watched Marco, he was a little to worked up for someone that had claimed they had moved on. He wondered if Marco was being truthful when it came to Hanna.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Marco Reus Story, as my last one is on hold, as I don't know where to take it. This story I have lots of Idea's for it, so Hopefully will be better than the last one. :-)