Status: for a contest.

Wildest Dreams.

Once upon a time

“Let’s get out of this town,” he said grabbing her hand. She looked at him as if she had no clue what he had just said to her. “Drive out of the city, away from the crowd.” He smiled. “Let’s just get away from everyone here,” he said pulling her into his warm chest.

“Harry we just can’t run off,” she said trying to be the voice of reason but she knew she couldn’t say no to him and heaven couldn’t help her now.

She knew nothing truly lasted forever, and this boy was truly going to be her downfall. He had her second guessing everything. He was perfect to her, he was tall and so handsome. He was a bad boy that didn't care what people thought of him, even though with his job people’s opinions of him would affect his career. She was so naïve to think that her relationship with him would be easy. For some reason those green eyes always led her believe that they were something worth fighting for, but some times even if something is worth fighting for you get scared and do something stupid.


Once upon a time there was a foolish girl named Regan Wilson. She had the palest ivory skin that was sprinkled with freckles. Her blue eyes were the color of the ocean, and she had a nervous habit of messing with her long strawberry blonde hair. She was the daughter of famous produced Jamie Bennett and the world famous Valerie Malone-Bennett.

Regan had moved to England in during the warm summer of 2010. She moved with her mother after the passing of her father. She watched her mother attempted to move away and grieve over the loss of her husband before deciding what she should do with her career. It only took her mom three month before she started recording music again, and a year and half before she started dating again. Regan on the other hand took longer to grieve the loss of her father. She had a hard time getting used to living in another country that was nothing like her childhood home in California. She missed living in California and being able to drive to beach and enjoy the feeling of sands between her toes as she could smell the salt in the air. London was the opposite of California, it was cold and rainy. The worst part of it all for her was she didn’t know anybody. Back in America she might not of had a ton of friends but she had friends she knew would always be there for her.

Regan sat on the couch in the recording studio staring at her mom who was in the booth recording her newest hit that everyone had said was going to be her mother’s next number one hit. She watched as her mom was smiling away singing her lungs to some new song she had written. Regan looked at her phone to see that she had already been in the studio for three hours and rolled her eyes. Her mom had told her that they were only going to be at the studio for an hour and at maximum they would be there for an hour a half.

Ever since her mother restarted her career in London she had never been more popular. In the few years they had lived in London, her mother had her first number one album in five years, and her first one since the passing of her father. She couldn’t go anywhere without her and her mother having their picture posted to the internet. Regan truly wished they could have a normal life were she could go out to lunch without her mother getting a call from her agent telling her that they wanted her to perform on the Graham Norton Show or that Radio One wanted to have her live on air.

She looked up to see her mother walking out of the studio smiling. “Regan I hate to do this, but do you mind if we stay for another hour?”

Regan just stared at her mother not sure what to think. “I thought we only had to be her hour? I mean we’ve already been here three hours.” She was trying her hardest not to sound annoyed.

“I know and I’m really sorry but I’ve written these few songs and Dave said they will go perfectly on my new album,” she said trying to convince Regan.

Regan just looked at her blankly for a moment before saying, “Yeah go ahead and record them,” she said standing up. “I’m gonna grab a cab and go get some coffee.”

“Regan please don’t be mad,” he mother said grabbing her hand. “I just feel really good about these songs and want to get them recorded.”

“Mom I’m not mad, I’m just gonna grab coffee,” she said lying but trying to convince her mom and herself she wasn’t mad. “We’ll just grab dinner tonight.”

Her mom gave her smile and pressed her lips to the top of her strawberry blonde hair. “Alright sweetie,” she said smiling before turning around and walking out of the studio.

Regan walked through the studio and looked up to see five boys walking towards her. She looked down and walked passed them and looked up to see the one with curly hair staring at her. She wasn’t looking where she was going and tripped over her feet and fell to her knees. She felt her cheeks start burning as she looked up to see a pair of bright green eyes staring at her.

“Let me help,” he said putting his large hand out.

She stared at him still feeling completely embarrassed. She blinked a few times before saying, “Thank you,” she said placing her pale hand in his.

“No problem love, can I ask what your name is?” he said giving her a smile.

Regan stood up and fixed her dress, “I’m Regan,” she said giving him a small smile. “What’s your name?” she asked already knowing very well who he was.

“I’m Harry, Harry Styles,” he smiled. “Do you happen to have a last name Regan?” he asked shoving his hands in his pockets.

“I’m Regan Bennett,” she said wondering if Harry would realize who she was.

He gave her a smile before saying, “Oh so you’re the daughter Valerie Malone-Bennett and Jamie Bennett?” he asked assuming he was right.

“Yep,” she said feeling awkward.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Regan Bennett,” he said putting his hand out.

Regan should have known right there that that Harry would be her downfall and that she would be his too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Regan's Outfit

So I wrote this for Loveyhopes' 1989 contest. It's based on the song Wildest Dreams. This is the first of three chapters of this story. I'm really excited to see what people think of this story.