Our Wonderland

First Impressions

(Sarah's POV)
"Did you hear? There's a new student starting today?"
"I hope it's a cute girl."
"I hear it's a boy and the only reason he got transferred is because he punched a teacher at his last school."
"I heard it's a girl and she's got expelled for sleeping around with her teachers."
Rumors about the new kid were circulating around the school faster then the teachers could put a stop to them. I for one didn't care what the new kid was like, stuff like that didn't matter to me. All I cared about was making sure I stayed at the top of the grade and stayed out of trouble. Walking into my first class of the day I went straight to my seat ignoring everyone and everything else. Pulling out my notebook I flipped to a clean section and puled out a pencil.
"I can't wait to see what they look like?!"
"I know! I heard the new kid looks like a gang leader. Someone saw them in the principals office earlier."
"You mean like tattoos and stuff like that?"
"That's so freaky!"
Gritting my teeth I did my best to tune out the talking until the teacher walked in. It was a difficult task but somehow I managed it, just like I did everyday. When it got quiet I finally looked up from my desk and that's when I saw her.
I didn't know it at the time but she would grow to be the center of a storm that would start a revolution at our school.
"Class I would like to introduce our new student Maria Cross. If you would be so kind as to say a few things about yourself Miss. Cross?" The teacher said stepping aside so everyone could get a better view of her.
She wore the same uniform I did except for the fact she wasn't wearing the tie, she had a silver cross dangling from around her neck, both of her ears had three piercings, and she wore combat boots. How she got past the front gate dressed like that I will never know. The only thing I did know was she looked like someone I didn't want to mess with. My suspicions were only confirmed when she opened her mouth.
"If I got ta. My name's Maria, firstly I didn't come here to make friends with a bunch of snotty, spoiled, rich kids. Secondly if you have a problem with me then bring it to me. Involve any of my friends and you'll wish you'd ever laid eyes on me. Anyway it's nice to meet you all." As she finished speaking the teacher grabbed the back of her coat and started dragging her out of the room.
As everyone started talking again I could only stare at the spot Maria had been standing in moments before. She was unlike any person I had ever met in my life.