Status: Writing and posting

Remember Me

Saying hello

“So you didn’t even say hi to him?” Lauren screeched as she sat on Carly's bed. Her green eyes were large and round as she starred at her roommate in disbelief.

Carly blushed and shrugged. “No, he’s handsome and it was intimating. Plus, my mom was there, I wasn't going to start that conversation with her eavesdropping."

“Are you joking?” Lauren asked her roommate. "You're just making excuses now."

Carly shrugged a shoulder and popped a piece of popcorn into her mouth. She ran her hand over her white comforter and picked at a loose thread.

“Carly, you’re drop dead gorgeous. He should’ve been crawling on his knees to say hello to you.” Lauren said watching her friend's nervous traits appearing.

“Well, we did talk that day, but it wasn’t exactly like that.” Carly said before putting more popcorn into her mouth.

----


Carly pushed the sunglasses down to cover her eyes as she waved to her mom.

“Call me if you need help with the groceries.” Susan smiled and watched her daughter kick off her sandals and walk onto the warm sand.

Slipping her sandals into her bag, she pulled out a towel she threw in there in case she wanted to go sit on the sand.

Dodging small kids building sand castles, teenagers playing volleyball and a bunch of family blankets, Carly found a spot not too far from the water, and close enough to see her house.

As she sat on the warm sand, she closed her eyes and let the sounds surrounding her calm her down. As she felt herself falling asleep, a tall shadow loomed over her.

“So you’re new to town?” She heard above her.

Her eyes flew open as she looked up. She smiled when she saw the taller boy from the diner.

“Hi, yeah, I’m Carly,” She said and held out her hand out for him to shake.

He took her hand and shook it; she felt callouses along his fingers and smiled.

“I’m John,” He said grinning.

“Do you want to sit?” She asked moving aside. He smiled and plopped down rolling the bottom of his jeans up.

“I just got here last night, so I haven't even been to the beach yet,” She said as she moved her feet through the sand.

“I figured you were new, I haven’t seen you around here yet,” He said looking at her.

“Do you live here?” Carly asked John. He shrugged and found a stick nearby.

“Eh, kind of. I’m in a band and we’re chilling here for the summer.” John said looking at her. "But I'm not from here. Far from it, actually."

“Oh, you're in a band huh? Have I heard of you guys?” Carly asked smiling.

He shrugged and grinned at her. “No idea, maybe. We aren’t really on mainstream radio.”

She nodded and dug out her phone to open her iPod. She handed him the device and let him scroll through.

"See if I have your music," She said smiling.

She watched his long fingers glide across the screen, scrolling through hundreds of music options. She watched his long fingers glide across the screen, scrolling through hundreds of music options. Carly loved music of any kind, she had dozens of playlists for any situation, and she usually had her ear buds in.

He stopped on an album and handed him back to her. “Here you go,” she looked at the screen and her
mouth dropped open.

“Seriously? You're in The Maine, you guys are incredible.” Carly said still in shock. She never seen the band live before, but what were the odds that the lead singer was sitting on her beach towel with her.

He smiled and ran a hand through his hair. “Please don’t act any differently now that you know.”

She rolled her eyes behind her black aviators and her pink lips lifted into a smile.

“Don’t flatter yourself.” Carly said with a grin.

----


“Oh my God you vixen!” Lauren yelled at smacked Carly’s arm. “What did he say to you after that?”

Carly smiled and closed her eyes. She could still remember the smell of the salt and could still see the blue skies above on that perfect summer day.

“He asked me out to a party that night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So what did you guys think? I'm really enjoying this story, I hope you are too.

Thank you to Arizonaskies for your support, it means a lot to me!

I hope you have a great Friday everyone! (Or Saturday, depending where you are)