Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Work Fast

THREE HOURS LATER

Vinny helped me prepare and cook the food for the guys. I ended up making fresh pasta, turkey wellington, and chicken meatloaf muffins with asparagus fries, sweet potato swirls, cauliflower mash, and bacon wrapped onion rings. For dessert, we had hot chocolate on a stick, cookie dough dip, chocolate saffron cheesecake, and some random candies we found that I melted down and made lollipops out of. For those that drink I made some random drinks for them and some non alcoholic ones.

“Do you want me to go get them?” Vinny asked after he finished helping me plate.

“Yeah, Go get ‘em we have to leave in an hour.” Vinny nodded and left. I started bringing the food out to the dining area for them.

I had pulled a bunch of tables together to make one large table. Vinny helped me set it and I just had to put the food out.

“Holy shit.” While I was bringing one of the last dishes out, they had all come downstairs.

“Hey guys, I’ll be right back. I just need to grab a few more things.”

I brought out the wellington and the mash before I was finished. The desserts were left in the fridge until later. I made sure all the drinks were on the table for anyone to grab.

“The tall glasses have alcohol, everything else is nonalcoholic.”

They all looked stunned. After grabbing their drinks they all sat down. Josh and Devin took the table ends with Rich, AJ, Ricky, Matt, Chris, and Sabrina on one side and Vinny, Ryan, Shane, Balz, and me on the other.

“Wow, uhm thank you?” I shrugged.

“It’s like a night’s rent I guess. Anyways, dig in. Food is food. Dessert when everyone’s done.”

They didn’t need to be told twice. Everyone loved the food. We couldn’t go five minutes without someone saying thank you or complimenting the food. I was more preoccupied with Devin on my right trying to get me to ask to stay in a bunk on their bus. Vinny was also playing a dangerous game under the table. His hand slowly had been moving all night.

“What’s for dessert?” I smiled at Devin.

“I’ll go get it. Be right back.” I put my fork down and pushed Vinny’s hand off my thigh.

“Need any help?” I shook my head at Sabrina.

“It’s just a tray, but thanks.” I gave her a small smile before going off into the kitchen to grab the food.

I made warm cups of milk for every one and put them on the tray next to the hot chocolate sticks. On another tray, cheesecake plus a bowl of dip.

“Should’ve asked her to come help…” I regretted not having Sabrina come help.

“It’s ok I came anyways.” I jumped at the words from Sabrina.

She had come in to bring the dishes from the dinner.

“I didn’t mean to startle you.” She placed the dished next to the wash area.

“It’s ok, I’m just in my own little world.”

“I noticed. You’ve been that way all night.” I chuckled.

“Sort of I guess.” I sighed.

“Wanna talk about it?”

Sabrina is a nice girl, she’s not being shady and she genuinely seems concerned about what I’m sure to them is my drastic change in behavior.

“I just quit working for the guys is all, fighting isn’t something I like to deal with. In fact, I’d rather run away from it. However, I dealt with fighting for them for the last 4 years and I can’t do it anymore.” She seemed surprised, much like everyone else who heard the news did.

“Was it the guys or just one of them?”

“Jake, it was all Jake.” She just shook her head at me.

“What?” If I didn’t come across as confused now then I never would be confused.

“He’s a boy, who is acting like a boy. Christian told me that he likes you. He being Jake.”

I couldn’t stop the loud laugh that I let out. Jake, like me? Never.

“There’s no way. The guy has known me for 10 years. He’s not suddenly going to have a thing for me.”

“Maybe.” Sabrina grabbed the tray with the hot chocolate on it.

“The boys are waiting.” She smiled before walking out.

I grabbed the other tray and followed behind her.

“There’s more?!” I chuckled at Balz.

“Yeah, I cook a lot ok?” I sat down next to Vinny again. He received one more warning glare as his hand landed on my thigh yet again.

“She can have my bunk, if she cooks more food I could care less.”

“Bunk?”

“Yeah you need one don’t you?” Glare made it’s way to Devin. He had picked up his hot chocolate and was looking at it.

“Who said I need one, Devin….” He shrugged.

“He actually didn’t say anything, I did.” I was surprised that Josh had said something.

“Why?”

“You’re a friend, you need a helping hand. Everyone already agreed to it.”

“You’re telling me that you had this conversation in the five minutes that I was gone?” It clicked.

“You sent Sabrina to stall?” He smiled.

“What a dirty rotten trick.” He chuckled.

“Well it worked. Now, we don’t really have any bunks for you to be honest. we’re maxed out at 12, but Sabrina and Chris have been talking about sharing anyways. Or you can always join up with your little boy toy over there.” I raised an eyebrow at his choice of words.

“What are you talking about?” Almost everyone scoffed.

“Oh please, next time you guys wanna have a little pow wow against a wall, make sure you’re out of sight of the people you’re trying to hide it from.” My cheeks turned a bit red as he took a drink.

“You made her blush!” I groaned and smacked my head against the table.

This was going to be a long night.

AFTER DINNER

I cleaned up and thanked the hotel after everyone was done. We still had another hour to kill before bus call and Vinny had wanted to go for a walk.

“So now that everyone on our crew knows, what do you wanna do about this?” He motioned between the two of us.

“I mean, same thing as before. Just nothing pda related around people or outside of the bus I guess.” He nodded.

“And how do you wanna handle the bunk situation?”

“How do you want to handle the bunk situation?” Making sure to stress the ‘you’ part, I replied.

“I’m for whatever, however not even 5 hours ago you were saying we were moving too fast. If we bunk together that’s like moving in isn’t it?” My eyes widened. God damn.

“Yeah. ok. Uhm. I mean, I don’t want to kick Sabrina and Chris out of their bunks.”

We rounded a corner in the seemingly desolate town, it was almost midnight after all. I saw a small bench up ahead.

“They really wouldn’t mind though, they bunk together almost every night.”

Vinny must have seen the bench too. He stopped and pulled me down as he sat so that I was in his lap.

“That doesn’t mean that I’m not kicking one of them out of an area that is theirs. people fight, they really do need their own area.” He sighed and put his head against my shoulder.

“Well that leaves us bunking together. It’s really up to you. I don’t mind either way but I will not force you into a situation that you are not comfortable with.”

“I don’t think I have a choice. Tomorrow I’m going to get my stuff from the guys and we will have to bunk together.” I felt him smile against my back.

“I know you have that infamous fucking smirk on your face. Get rid of it.”

“What if I don’t? Are you going to make me?” He looked at me with that smirk on his face.

“No, you’re an adult. You can do it all by yourself.” He chuckled.

“I could….” I stood when he paused, only to be pushed into the wall.

“What’s the big idea wise guy?” I laughed.

“Oh you know, just wanting to give my lady a beautiful goodnight kiss.”

“Beautiful? You pushed me into a wall….” He smirked.

His hands were on my hips as he leaned in and kissed my neck gently. This boy was getting him self in way too deep…

“In the midst of our little borderline sexcapade earlier I discovered that you don’t mind me being rough,” He kissed my neck again,” In fact, you love it.”

HIs lips ghosted over my skin and it took everything I had not to moan then and there. I threw my hands up around his neck as he began assaulting my neck in the best way possible. There would surely be a mark there.

“Vinny stop” I pushed him away when I realize that there would in fact be something there.

“Did it hurt you, are you ok?” I frowned.

“You can’t leave a mark on me. We’ve only been together for not even a full day really…” He understood what I was saying, I could see it on his face.

“I’m sorry…” I shook my head.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about, I’m just not ready for that.”

It was kind of awkward after that. Neither of us really knew what to say, so I started walking.

“Hey Jax,” I turned to Vinny,” There’s something on your neck…” He tried not to laugh. My jaw dropped and I looked at him incredulously.

“Vinny! what the hell?!”

I took out my phone and started to look where he had been pointing to. Sure enough, there was a small purplish circle forming a few inches below my ear.

“Well I didn’t really mean to?” I glared at Vinny.

“I hate you right now.” He laughed loudly and tried to hug me.

“Oh no you don’t.” I shoved him off of me and into the wall, quite opposite of the position we were in before.

“Ouch, that actually really hurt.” He gave a fake frown.

“I don’t care. ugh this is going to be a nightmare to cover.”

I turned towards the light and looked at it again. It was already darker in color.

“I really am sorry,” Vinny put his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder,” I didn’t mean to do that…” I sighed.

“It’s ok, but god damn you work fast.” He laughed loudly.

“You just wait.”