Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Fangirl

Vinny chuckled next to me.

“Not always.”

I rolled my eyes and continued to work on the videos.I would have loved to finish all of them tonight, but I wasn’t going to go the remaining 11 in such a short amount of time.

“Did you guys wanna stop for a nice dinner?” Josh asked from behind his computer.

“Do we have time for that?” I raised an eyebrow. I may not be a TM anymore but that doesn’t mean that I don’t occasionally think like one.

“Yeah, a lot of the other buses are doing it. I just don’t want you guys to be couped up for so long.”

“Yes please” Ricky answer for everyone before going to the back room to what i assume was change.

“What do you guys want?”

I left the conversation after that and put my head phones in to run through the first 4 songs. They looked great, but I was more distracted by Vinny and his obvious attempt to “make a move.”

“Vinny Fuck off” Everyone laughed at him as he jumped back in surprise.

He looked kind of like a kicked puppy. When he looked at me I almost apologized.

“i’m serious, if you’re looking for some I’d invest in some porn. I’m too busy.”

The guys practically cackled as the bus started moving.

“Ouch Vin. Might wanna retreat to your bunk.” I heard Chris say through the music before I turned it up.

The next few hours were me working on the videos. Several of them I changed to flow better through the whole show and then they were all moved into a program to make it almost into a chapter menu. That way I could select which one went next based on the next song.

I was half way through when I stretched and looked around. The only person still in the front lounge was Josh, who sat across from me on his computer.

“What time is it?” I asked him.

“Almost 2, what have you been doing?” I groaned and stood to make some food.

“Making the stage videos for the A Day To Remember tour. They take forever because they’re all animation.” I picked a hot pocket and started to microwave it.

“Sounds great and why are you doing that?” I shrugged watching the microwave count down.

“They wanted it done?” He chuckled.

“You’re very loyal to the people that got you where you are, aren’t you?” I nodded.

“Absolutely. I do anything they ask, almost literally.” I shrugged again.

“So you’re working for them in Chicago?” i gave him a weird look.

“Chicago?” He rolled his eyes.

“Their not so secret performance?” I sighed.

“Yeah, I’m their ‘head of house’ that day. I’ll be on stage with them and Elmakias.” Adam and I were pretty good friends after all the tours we’ve done.

“Makes sense. Well. I am going to bed. I suggest you do the same. Some of the guys wanted to go hiking tomorrow.” I nodded and waved him goodnight.

I pulled my hot pocket out and got back to work.

THE NEXT MORNING

I woke up to someone shouting. Instead of addressing the source of the shouting, I attempted to turn over and cover my head. Only I ended up on the floor after rolling off the table bench.

“God fucking dammit” I groaned.

“You gonna stay there all day?” The voice I realized to be Vinny.

“Why fucking not?” I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.

“Why don’t you come to the bunk? We can watch movies and sleep all day?”

I really hadn’t been spending time with Vinny lately. I’ve been so busy that I really didn’t have time to. He understood I’m sure, but I still felt bad.

“Help me up.” I held my hand out to him. He lifted me up and carried me to the bunk.

“Well prince charming really knows how to sweep a girl off her feet” He chuckled and let me slide in first.

“Well what can I say, I’m good at pick up lines.” This kid.

“If you pun this shit again, I’ll punch you.” He laughed.

“Whatever Princess.”

I rolled into him once he was in the bunk. He flipped the DVD player down and a movie was already playing.

“Pochahontas?” He shrugged.

“I can chan-“

“No” I wrapped my arms and legs around him tighter to prevent him from moving. His only response was a deep breath that settled into silence once the movie started.

it was awkward, to say the least. Tension filled the air and i honestly couldn’t have said why or what it was. It was coming from Vinny though. That realization had me slowly moving towards the wall of the bunk, trying to distance myself as much as possible.

“What are you doing?” he asked towards the end of the movie.

“It’s awkward….”

“What is?” He moved a bit too.

“You.” The expression on his face changed from confusion to understanding.

“We agreed to tell each other everything right, feelings and the like?” I nodded. This was going in a direction that i did not like.

“Well, I don’t know you.” I gave him a weird look.

“We’ve been together for two weeks and I’ve only known you for two weeks. I don’t mean to get emotional but I’d like to get to know you.”

“What do you want to know?” He pulled me closer to him.

“Everything.” I was so close that our noses were touching.

“Define Everything?” He chuckled.

“Everything. Your life story.” I sighed.

“I don’t know why you want to know, but then you tell me yours too.”

“That’s fine, I just feel like I know nothing about you. I haven’t even seen you play drums. I didn’t know you sang until last night.” I gave him another odd look.

“I sing?”

“You sing when you’re super focused and you’re fantastic.” I buried my face in his chest out of embarrassment.

“Noooooo” I groaned. His chest rumbled with laughter.

“Don’t be embarrassed, You’re great.”

After the “embarrass Jax” moment and a promise to play for Vinny tomorrow, I started telling him what he wanted to know.

We spent the entire day just telling each other about our lives. Vinny was just as close as Jake by the time the others came back for us to leave. They all walked past us and ignored Vinny and I in out little bubble called a bunk. We seemed to ignore the world until both our stomaches growled.

“We’ve been in here since like 11 AM.” I rested my head on the pillow.

“I don’t wanna get up.” He chuckled and stood out of the bunk. I watched him look around before leaning into the bunk.

“Come on, I’ll carry you.” He pulled on my arms and I hopped on his back.

“God I’m so outta shape.” I scoffed.

“Are you calling me fat?” He rolled his eyes at me before walking out of the bunk area.

“Yo, the love birds live. We thought we’d never see you again.” I rolled my eyes at Ryan.

“We were just talking.” Vinny put me down to rummage through our food.

“Yeah and she agreed to show us her drum skills tomorrow.” I scoffed.

“I said I’d show YOU. Not all of Nebraska.” He pulled out two hot pockets.

“I don’t believe that the population of the state of Nebraska fits on this bus…” I glared at Ricky.

“Alright smartass, pretty sure I was being sarcastic.”

I took the seat next to josh at the table since Ryan and Shane occupied the other side that I usually sat at.

“Well your sarcasm needs some fucking working.” Vinny placed a plate in front of my with one hot pocket and a water bottle, which i thanked him for.

“I’ll pencil ‘practice sarcasm’ in somewhere just for you Rick.” Vinny was next to me leaning against the wall as we settled into the conversations that were going back and forth.

“So I guess ice was down for the headliner.” Josh pulled everyone out of their individual conversations.

“Sweet so we just need one more right?” Chris asked.

“Yeah, I was thinking For Today?” Everyone seemed to agreed as I took a bite of my now cooled down hot pocket.

“You planning the headliner for your next hit album?” I asked Josh and mostly Chris.

“I hope it’s a hit…” I couldn’t help but laugh at the honesty. Moving my hot pocket out of the way, I paced my hands together on the table.

“I don’t get why you’re worried. It’ll probably be top ten on billboard. You’re not competing with any crazy huge acts and you guys are good,” I paused for a drink of water, “Sorry to burst your bubble, the last 9 years of you,” I focused on Chris since he was the only remaining original member and he was the only that expressed the worry,” are nothing compared to the shit you’re about to do. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a big tour for the summer planned already. And I’m not talking Mayhem or Warped….”