Status: Enjoy!

The Boy At the Bus Stop.

Two.

"How do you feel about diners?" He said.

"Diners?" I asked.

"Yeah," He said as the bus came to a stop,"C'mon."

He stood up and took my hand, sending electric sparks through my body.

We walked off of the bus and onto the street, I pulled out my umbrella and held it above us again as we walked a few blocks down the street. The rain fell lightly on our umbrella as his hand snaked around my waist.

"What do you think you're doing?" I said blushing.

"Walking? Can't get to the diner without walking." He said.

I nodded."Walking."

He smiled as we turned a corner.

"There."He said.

"What?" I asked.

"The diner." Art said leaning down at my level and pointing.

"It's cute, I--"

"Race ya there!" He said taking off.

"What? I--"

"Come on!" He said.

I rolled my eyes and bolted down the street behind him, thinking about how ridiculous this was. He met up with me at the door and held it open.

"Ladies first." He said smiling.

I walked into the small, quiet restaurant and looked around at the small tables and velvet colored leather booths. There were a few people scattered about, talking and laughing. Arts fingers weaved into mine as he pulled me all the way to the back in a dimly lit booth. I looked around at the beige wallpaper and lamp hanging from the ceiling over the table.

"I've lived around here for almost three years and I've never been in here." I said sitting down in the booth.

"It's a nice place to go to get away." He said sitting down on the other side of the table.

A short, perky server pranced over to our table with a pot of coffee.

"What can I get you guys?" She asked, pouring coffee into our cups.

She looked over at Art and smiled, giggling like a seventh grader next to a cute boy.

"Um," Art said."I can I just have some waffles, please?"

She started twirling the pen in her hand around in her hair. She was chewing her gum like a cow. I looked at her tired waitress get up and long blonde hair tied into a high pony-tail and scoffed at her make-up caked face.

"Sure," She said, still gawking at Art.

I cleared my throat loudly and she turned to me and glared, "What do you want?" She asked.

"Just french toast." I said getting a little irritated with her.

She wrote it down in her notebook and turned back to Art, "Will that be all?" She said.

"I don't know, what do you think babe?" Art said turning to me and holding my hand.

The server shot me a death glare, "Um, no I think we're good hun." I said.

She rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Service here is great today." He said, "Right hun?"

I blushed hard and took a sip of my coffee.

He bit his lip and locked eyes with me, his green eyes shining in the dim glow of the lamp above us. His thumb caressed the side of my hand until two plates were slammed down in front of us.

"Waffles and french toast." The server said, smirking at me,"If you need anything just call."

She batted her eyelashes at him and winked.

"Actually," He said,"Do you have any napkins?"

She pulled a few out of her apron and scribbled on one of them.

"Thanks." Art said taking the one I presumed had her number on it and picked up his cup of coffee 'accidentally' pouring it all over the table, then using the napkin with her number on it to clean it up. "Wow. Sorry. Clumsy me." He said.

She refilled his coffee and walked away, swearing under her breath.

"How'd you know she was going to write her number on that napkin?" I asked.

"I come here all the time. Every time I'm here and she's working she slides me her number somehow, napkins seem to be her favorite method this week." He smiled.

"So, do you come here with other girls all the time then?" I asked stirring my coffee.

"Of course not, you're the only girl I've had my eye on for a while." He said.

I blushed hard at that, but I couldn't help feeling uncomfortable. I hadn't been in a real relationship in years and all of a sudden I'm getting jealous because a waitress was hitting on a boy I'd just met. I shook the thought out of my mind.

"What do you mean 'a while'?" I asked.

"Since I started stopping by that bus stop." He said, "I've wanted to talk to you for a long time to be honest, but I was just kind of nervous."

His face was bright red,"You were nervous?" I asked.

"Well, yeah." He said.

"Why? I'm really average, and boring." I said.

"You're only average and boring if you think you're average and boring." He said.

I bit on my lip and blushed some more, I was sure my face was as read as a tomato.

"Okay, you've got to stop doing that." He said.

"Doing what?"

"Biting your lip like that, I've gotta be honest it's cute and all but it's kinda turning me on." He said.

I buried my face in my hands and blushed.

"What are you hiding for?" He asked taking my hands, "Has no one ever told you that you turn them on?

I shook my head like a little kid.

"Well, Ally. I've got news for you." He said.

I laughed took another sip pf my coffee.

"Can I...Kiss you?" He asked.

"What?" I asked snapping out of my seventh grade crush daze.

"I want to kiss you." He said.

"I-I-"

"Just met me I know, I just kind of, I feel like I know you. I feel like we can just sit here for hours and get lost in each other." He said.

"What does that have to do with kissing me?" I asked.

"Everything." He said.

"Hm. That sounds like a very convincing argument."

"So, is that a yes?" He asked.

I avoided eye contact with him and looked out of the window behind him. I knew that if he locked eyes with me I'd give in and I didn't know if I was ready to put my heart out there. I wasn't ready to risk it getting broken.

He took my face in his hands and practically forced me to look at him.

"Is that a yes?" He said piercing my soul with his eyes.

"I-I I don't know I just--"

"You're scared of getting your heart broken, aren't you?" He asked.

I nodded,"I guess so."

"You don't have to worry about that with me." He said.

"You're doing it again." He said,"The lip thing."

I realized I was biting my lip and laughed.

He smiled at me,"Stop being so irresistible."

And just like that, he was staring into my soul, his lips just inches from mine, and that warm sugary breath hitting my skin, making me swoon.

"Just let me kiss you." He whispered.

"Okay." I surrendered.

His lips brushed mine before he started to go in for the kill, but once again the server swoops in, killing the moment.

Art sat back in the booth, frustrated.

"Here's your check." She said, grinning.

Art rolled his eyes, when she leaned down seductively and whispered, "I'd let you kiss me. Any time."

She turned away and winked at me walking over to another table and taking their order.

"Let's go." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Let's. Go."