Status: This will be an ongoing story, updating whenever my schedule allows time for such! No copyright infringements here. I don't know Mr. O'Donoghue or any other non-fictional characters listed. This is for fun, capiche? I hope you all enjoy! And please if you read, leave me a comment! : ]

Thou Shalt Not

chaptert h r e e

Once we got to the bar, I winced once I saw at how busy it was. The bar inside wasn't that big to begin with and it looked to be pushing maximum capacity. "Do you see them?" Crystal asked as we stood crushed in the sea of people. "I'm the same height as you! I can't see over anyone." I said, holding onto the bottom of Crystal's jacket. "Let's make our way to the back. I see an empty pool table. It won't be for long." Tom said and jerked us along with him.

We got to the pool table and Tom began racking up the table. "What the hell are you doing here?" We heard exclaimed. We looked up to see Josh and Colin standing in front of the pool table. "My God, mate!" Tom cheered and dropped the pool stick onto the green felt of the table. They pulled each other into an embrace and I looked to Crystal who only shrugged her shoulders. "It's been what? How long has it been?" Josh asked with a large smile. "Too long, mate. Too fucking long." Tom smiled as they continued to hug. "Am I missing something?" Crystal asked out loud. "Babe," Tom held his hand out to her. "This is Josh Dallas. We met at a premiere party almost three years ago and we hit off. Haven't seen this little shit since. How are you?" Tom asked with a loud smack on Josh's back.

"I'm good, good. I got married and we had a little one." Josh smiled, a proud papa. "Wow. Congratulations, man. Congratulations." Tom said, congratulating him with a handshake. "Are you living in the states now?" Josh asked. "Yes, Crystal and I just moved in together in Los Angeles. I can't get her to make the jump over the pond." Tom chuckled and wrapped his arm around Crystal's waist, pulling her towards him a couple times before she pulled herself out of his grip.

Colin walked over to stand by me and the hairs on my arms stood up, the magnetic attraction too much to ignore. He smiled at me and I smiled back. "He's not always like this." Crystal laughed, throwing a thumb at Tom. "It's not surprising of Josh, really. He gets excited and acts like a little girl." Colin chuckled. "I'm Crystal," Crystal smiled. "Colin," Colin said. "Oh, I know." Crystal winked and I whipped my head towards her with my eyes wide as saucers. She winked at me and I was sure Colin had seen the entire thing. "We need some drinks. Beer?" Crystal asked Colin. "That's great." Colin said. "Not for me, Crys." I started to protest. "Yeah, yeah. I know what you want." Crystal winked again before walking over towards Tom and Josh, asking them what they wanted.

"She's can get a little crazy." I said, trying to calm my beating heart. She was trying to out me right here and right now. "She seems okay to me. I think we all can be at times. And besides, we all have that one friend." He smiled and pointed towards Josh. I could have melted right there to the floor.

"Did you have a good day today?" I asked, hoping to avoid any awkward silences. "I did, yes. Did yours go well?" He asked. "It did. It kind of dragged a little when I wasn't busy but I made it." I chuckled. "And you made it tonight," He added as he switched his weight to his other foot. "I did," I said softly. "I'm glad you did." He said, a twinkle in his eye. I smiled and opened my mouth to say something but Crystal arrived, announcing our drinks. "Beer and for you sangria," Crystal smiled and handed my wine glass with a wide array of fruit floating in the red liquid.

"Why is everyone standing around this perfectly fine pool table?" The guy Colin was with last night, Sean, said once he emerged through the crowd. "Let's play. Rack em'," Tom said and took his arm from around Josh's shoulders. "C'mon, Colin, I've got you, mate. I know I'll have to pick up your slack." Sean laughed, pulling his buddy away. "Yeah, yeah," He said and turned to me. "Do you mind?" He asked while he handed his beer to me. "Nope," I smiled and grabbed the beer from his hand, our fingers briefly meeting.

I watched him as inconspicuously as I could, though sometimes our eyes would meet and he'd smile a little just enough for me to see it. I could see when his competitive streak started to shine through. His chest puffed out and he walked around the table with a cocky strut. I chewed on my lip once my drink was empty. "Don't stare too hard, you might break him." Crystal laughed as she fluffed her hair. "Shut up," I chuckled.

Somewhere the live band had started to play and I found myself stuck in a daze. I was mesmerized by the way the pool cue slid effortlessly between his fingers when he would take a shot. I loved the way his wrist twisted when he'd chalk up the end of his cue. It was so cute when he'd throw his head back in laughter at something one of the guys had said. He'd look at me and I'd swear he was looking into my soul. "Earth to Lacie!" Crystal yelled into my ear.

I shook my head and looked to my friend who looked at me with pure amusement. "What?" I asked. "You're too cute." Crystal shook her head with a smile. "What?" I snapped again. "You know what. I'm sure everyone can feel the tension in this fucking room. Damn." Crystal said and fanned herself. "It's crowded. It's hot in here." I said and pulled out a piece of partially-fermented fruit and popped it into my mouth. "Nah, that's not it, my friend." Crystal hummed with a cocky smile.

The next few hours flew by. The alcohol kept coming and the time kept ticking. The boys continued to play pool while Crystal and I sat or stood by, mesmerized by the human nature of the male species. They would pull us into a conversation and most of the time it was to settle a silly disagreement.

Crystal and Tom had decided they were ready to call it a night. "It's only twelve thirty? This is super early for me." Crystal chuckled as she stood up from the table. I followed her actions. "Are you leaving?" Crystal asked me. "I think I'm going to stay?" I answered her unsure if this was what I really wanted to do. "Are you asking or telling?" Crystal asked as she shrugged on her jacket, pulling her hair out from underneath the collar.

I glanced over at the pool table where Colin stood watching humorously as Tom and Josh had their goodbye. I looked back at Crystal, "I'm going to stay." Crystal smiled and zipped up her coat. "Be careful," Crystal winked and bumped her hip into mine. "Shut up." I shooed her away as Tom met up with us.

"Ready, love?" Tom smiled as he snaked his arm around Crystal's waist. "Yes, take me to bed or lose me forever." Crystal chuckled. I laughed at her cheesiness and Tom rubbed down my arm. "You're staying? Be careful and call if you need anything." Tom said sternly. "I will. Enjoy the rest of your night because I know she isn't ready for bed yet." I winked and watched them disappear into the crowd.

Walking back over to the pool table this time a stronger nervousness within me and without the courage of my best friend, Colin smiled when he realized I wasn't leaving. "You decided to stay." He said as a statement and not as a question. "I did. I'm all dressed up." I smiled with a shrug. "And you look great," I felt my cheeks cherry at his compliment. "You wear a lot of black I've noticed." Colin hummed before taking a swig from his beer bottle. God, the way his lips wrapped around the lip of the bottle was magnificent and distracting. I shook my head to rid my thoughts and laughed, "It's slimming."

"Ah, I'm sure your figure underneath is just fine." Colin and purred and it wasn't lost on me that when he looked at me like he could see through my clothes, his usual bright blue eyes had turned a hell storm blue instead. "And besides," He went on. "Black just so happens to be my favorite color." He bit his lip and I could feel myself losing my cool by the minute. Surely the alcohol had a little something to do with his brazen demeanor, right? Or they did say alcohol was a little something like truth serum...

"Okay, you two," Sean started as he appeared in front of us. "Colin, mate, are you not going to introduce me to your beautiful friend?" Sean smiled with a small wink towards me. I hadn't really seen much of Sean since I worked on the show. He was always otherwise engaged or we just never ran into each other. "Sean, mate," Colin mocked his friend. "This is Lacie." He smiled. Oh, the way he said my name. It rolled off his tongue like hot chocolate. "Lovely, lovely. Mind if I call you Lace?" Sean asked. "Go for it." I laughed. His friend was quite the charmer.

"Well, Colin and Lace, Josh and I were going to go sop up some of this alcohol with some chips down the block before we head home. You two want to join?" Sean asked. I looked to Colin to answer and he was quick to speak. "No. I think we'll stay a little longer. Maybe one more game of pool." He said straight. "I hope she beats your arse." Sean said with a loud chuckled before making his way up to the front of the bar to meet up with Josh.

"C'mon," Colin said and walked over to the pool table, grabbing one of the loose cues off the pool table and handed it to me. "Oh, I don't know how to play." I said with a shake of my head. "I'll show you. It's easy." Colin said reassuringly and I took the cue into my hand. I positioned myself at the head of the pool table as Colin racked. He came back around to stand beside me and then said, "Bend over." My eyes snapped to his. "Wh-what?" I stammered. "Bend over the table to take the first shot. If you put your back into it you can really scatter the break." Colin said coolly. "Oh," I said before falling into a fit of laughter.

I did as he asked and I froze when I felt his body pressed against mine. An electrical current ran across the surface of my skin and my belly filled with a thousand butterflies. It shouldn't have felt this good. Once I got over the initial shock he was pressed against me like this, I relaxed, completely aware that I was now playing with fire. "Keep your arm straight and aim the cue to the center of the cue ball." Colin said as he manipulated my body until he was satisfied with my stance.

And I was on fire.

His cologne enveloped my body and when he spoke his breath danced across the sensitive flesh of my neck and ear. He surely knew what he was doing here, right?

I enjoyed the flirting. It was harmless and it would be until it, well, wasn't. I was starting to believe Crystal's theory on lack of attention from my boyfriend held some water. I couldn't remember the last time Gunner had complimented me. In fact, thinking about it, I don't think he ever had. I guess in the beginning I overlooked it, grateful that Gunner saved my life. Why was I still with him? Things were complicated and more complex than it should be.

I felt like I owed Gunner even with all of the bullshit he put me through. I couldn't just leave him after all he had done, all he had risked. But I didn't love him. And not that I'd care what anyone would think of what I was doing, I didn't see what I was doing as cheating. We weren't married - I wasn't bound to him by some kind of contract. People could think what they wanted but not everything was so cut-and-dry, black-and-white like people thought things were. It wasn't always so easy or oh-so-clear.

The break was successful with a loud crack. The balls split in half, running all over the table, pocketing a solid green ball. "Pretty good. Your solids and I'll be stripes." Colin smiled and pulled away from my body, grabbing himself a cue. "You get to go again." Colin smiled once he chalked his cue and stood on the other side of the pool table.

I sauntered across him and lined up with the cue ball on the opposite side of the table. "You're not spotting me this time?" I asked coyly as I pulled the cue back between my fingers. "Do you need me to?" Colin asked as he took a sip from his beer bottle. I didn't answer him and instead let the cue hit the ball. I pocketed another solid color. I stood up straight and pretended to frown. "I guess not." I hummed and walked around the table to where Colin stood. "I need this spot." I smiled. Colin smiled into his beer bottle before stepping back, motioning me in front of him.

I bent over the table, mindful that he was behind me. "Don't stare too hard," I called over my shoulder before I took my shot. I heard Colin snicker behind me as he stepped up to the table. "Now, watch how a pro does it." He winked as he readied his shot. I watched the way the slick, wood of the cue stick slid between his long, nimble fingers before watching the way his muscles moved with his every motion. I could feel myself becoming hooked by the minute.

I beat him. "Beginner's luck!" Colin called as he tossed his cue stick down onto the empty table. "Aw," I clicked my tongue. "Are you upset that I beat you?" I chuckled as I laid my cue stick down and walked over to the tall, table we had occupied throughout the night. I took a sip of my watered-down vodka and fanned myself. The bar had heated up quickly. "Nah, I'm not upset. You had a great teacher. I'm not surprised at how well you done." Colin smiled, pushing his empty beer bottle to the center of the table that had collected several empty bottles.

"Yeah, that must have been it." I said as I listened the music blaring from the jukebox since the band had went home long ago. I finished off my vodka water and seen that time on the clock read it was 2:20am. "You ready to go home?" Colin asked and I turned back to him. I was enjoying myself but I guess things have to end eventually, right? "They don't have to end if you don't want them to." Colin said slowly and carefully and my mouth fell open as I realized I hadn't just thought to myself, I had thought out loud!

I glanced at the clock once more before I decided I needed to go home. I had stayed out late enough with him for one night. "I guess I better go home. I had plans to meet Crystal for breakfast but I think I'll have to change that to lunch." I shrugged. Colin smiled, "Okay. The bar closes in a half hour anyway. Let's go." I shrugged my coat on and Colin wrapped his over his arm, putting one hand on my lower back to lead me out of the still busy bar.

He led me to a back door that was secluded in a private hallway that led to the bathrooms. "You're not drunk, are you?" I laughed out loud. I had a little buzz but nothing that would leave me making horrible decisions that I'd regret in the morning. "No, I'm just avoiding the crowd." Colin said as he let go of me to pull on his coat. He pushed open the door and let me walk out first.

When I stepped out into the dimly lit and wet alley way, I shivered instantly at the temperature - or I tried to convince myself that's what it was anyway. The bitter chill nipped at my nose and the freezing breeze could be felt down to the bone. I wanted to be on the well-lit street and not here.

I started to walk up the alley to the street but Colin stopped me by gently pulling my arm back towards him. I panicked as I faced him. "Are you going to kill me now?" I asked as my eyes darted around the alley behind him, uneasiness sweeping over my body. It was probably a stupid question but when you had went through something like I did, shit like that didn't seem stupid anymore. Colin laughed and shook his head no. "No, I'm not, but I am going to apologize for what I'm about to do next." He warned and before I had a chance to ask him what he meant, one hand dug into my hip and his other held onto the side of my face while he bent down and pressed his lips to mine.

The flesh of his lips were soft with and tasted of lingering alcohol. His lips slid over mine effortlessly and before I knew it, my arms had went around his neck, pulling him closer to me. He pushed us back towards the cool wall of the building and when my back hit the brick, his tongue slid into my mouth. My body scorched with fire despite how cold it was outside.

His hand on my hip slid up the back of my shirt and underneath my jacket, fueling the fire that was growing wildly inside me. It wasn't until a taxi honked it's horn on the street that I came to. I was the first to pull away and I looked up at Colin breathless. His pulled his hands away from me, leaving a scorch mark behind. His lips were slightly swollen and his chest heaved up-and-down just as mine was. "I'm sorry," Colin said and scratched the back of his head.

I watched him wage war within himself and I smiled, "I'm not." He looked at me and a smile pulled on the side of his lips. I had been told that you could tell a lot about a kiss. His kiss showcased his passion and the way his hand traveled slowly up my body showed his patience and that he wanted to savor the moment. What he had awoken inside me on the other hand, well, I think it was safe to say that the flirting wasn't harmless anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd really like to see who is reading this and if you guys are enjoying this! I know it has started a little slow but, hey, it was necessary. Drop me a line. I don't bite.