Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 2

After class I made my way down into our practice space in Jeremy's basement. We were lucky enough that Jeremy's parents left him their old house when they moved down to Florida. Everyone else lived out of tiny apartments, where I'd get complaints from other tenants if I had the most basic vocal practice.

"There's our scholar!" I heard. It was Sam, he was our guitarist. He was one of the best I've ever heard, and we were kind of in the same boat. We've both been in numerous bands, all never taking us where we've wanted to go, so we like to look at it as it was fate that brought us together. All the more reason we were banking on this band to work out so much. We knew we were only getting older. Sure, I was going to have a college degree to fall back on, but these guys never went to school. Music was everything to them, so I felt a little added pressure to make sure I did my best if not for myself, but for them.

"Hey guys!" I called out. I couldn't help but smile when I saw our banner hanging on the back wall. "Fearless" it read out, in bold, black bettering. That's what was going to be hanging behind us at every performance as we traveled the country. I could feel myself getting emotional. I tried not to let it get the best of me. It was hard to contain.

I saw Jeremy, our drummer setting up his kit in the back, and Jason putting a new strap on his bass. I felt so lucky to be surrounded by guys who felt the same way I did about music. A lot of the other people I had previously been in bands with didn't take it nearly as serious as I did, hence why it didn't work out for so long. We were just on different paths in life, we all wanted different things.

"So are you excited, Kira?" Jeremy asked. I nodded.
"Please, excited is a understatement." He laughed, tightening his snare.
"That's what I like to hear. Forget those headliners, people are gonna be begging us for an encore." I giggled, wiring up the amps.
"I like the confidence."
"Well, you gotta fake it till you make it, am I right?" We all nodded.
"That you are."

After everything was all set up, I went and pulled over a stool, now sitting behind my mic. I watched the other guys continue to set up their equipment.

"So, Kira.." Sam started. I could hear the tone in his voice. I knew where his was headed.
"What Sam." I said sternly. He giggled. He knew too.
"So, what are the odds of you getting with one of the other guys on tour?" He asked, I could hear the laughter in his tone. He knew he was headed for foul territory with that one.
"Absolutely zero." I said, without skipping a beat. The other guys laughed.

"I swear, Kira. You're the only girl in the entire world who would not be taking advantage of this situation." I shrugged.
"You know I'm not into all that, Jason."
"Yeah, but not even with a Rock Star?"
"Especially not even with a Rock Star." They all laughed again.

"Can you date that guy from All Time Low? I love them" Sam said. I smiled.
"Sam, we're not even touring with them." He giggled to himself.
"I can dream.." He trailed off. I shook my head, trying to stray away from this conversation. They knew how anti-dating I was, why did they think this was going to change, just because we were on tour with a couple of successful musicians?

"What about that Kellin guy? He's beautiful."
"Dude, I know. I'd date him myself."
"Are we seriously having this conversation?" I asked. They shrugged, rolling their eyes.
"I'm just saying, have you seen the way girls react to him? I'm sure he could even get Kira going. And that's borderline impossible."
"Can we stop talking about this? I'm not interested in dating any of them." Jason sighed.

"Alright Kira.." He said. I smiled, rolling my eyes. It was quiet for a moment.

"Besides.." I decided to chime in "I hear he's a total asshole."