Status: I'll try to update nightly. Comment your thoughts!

Let Love Bleed Red

Chapter 37

He followed close behind, quickly shutting the door behind him. In a quick motion, I felt his hands grab me by the waist, lifting me up onto the counter. My heart began to pound as his lips met mine.

"You're cute." I sighed, leaning my forehead against his. His smile grew as he stared back at me. He was quiet for a minute. I could feel my cheeks start to burn.
"What?" He shook his head.
"It's nothing." he sighed, running his fingers up my arm.
"Clearly it's something." He shrugged.
"When can we actually tell people about us?" I shook my head.
"Let's figure out what 'us' actually means." He scrunched his nose at me, contemplating.
"Fine." He sighed "But I'm not happy about it."

I smirked, pulling him back into a kiss, and there I could feel him smile again. Tangling my fingers in his hair, he kissed me back harder. Soon I felt his hands move up my legs, venturing from my waist to my neck, pulling me closer to him.
"Stay with me again tonight.." He whispered, now gently kissing up my neck. I clung to his shirt.
"You know I can't." I heard him sigh as he rested his forehead on my shoulder.
"I probably picked the only girl who would rather sleep in a little van than on a tour bus." I giggled, taking his face in my hands, making his eyes meet mine again.

"Well, lucky you." He smirked, kissing me again.
"Yeah. Lucky me." He said, much more serious this time. He gave me a gentle smile. I wondered what he was thinking about when he stared like that. I could feel my cheeks burning again.
"So.." I managed, trying to change the subject. I wasn't quite ready for serious just yet. "What happens during your meet and greets? I've never actually been to one." He rolled his eyes, moving his face away but took my hand in his. He started fumbling with my fingers.

"Honestly, they're pretty awkward. I mean, don't get me wrong. I know how much it means to some people but, I don't know. I still haven't figured out how to react to people just screaming at me." He giggled.

"They're just excited. You mean a lot to them." He smiled, shrugging. I could see his cheeks getting red.
"I guess.. I don't know. It's a lot of pressure. Everyone builds you up to be this.. this unobtainable version of yourself and.. even then you can't satisfy everyone. Sometimes I wish we didn't do them." His eyes switched from mine to the floor. I was starting to learn it was harder for him to make eye contact when he got serious. I tightened my grip on his hands and he peeked back up at me. I could see there was not a subtle smile across his lips.

"Honestly, I'm not looking forward to the day your band has them." He said softly, but kept his smirk. He looked away again.
"And why is that?" I asked, tilting his chin up making his eyes meet mine again. He sighed.
"Because I know how people get. And I don't want them getting that way with you."
"And how's that?" He was quiet for a minute.
"They think they're entitled to you. And I don't want anyone copping a feel."
"You're cute when you get protective." He smiled again, his cheeks turning red.
"Shut up.." He sighed. I ran my fingers through his hair, staring back into his eyes again.

"Don't worry. If we're ever big enough to where we have our own meet and greets, people can know that I'm yours." He bit down on his lip trying to hide his smile.
"Either you're really confident you guys are gonna blow up, or you plan on being with me for a while."
Now I could feel my cheeks burning. I didn't know quite how to answer that. I mean of course I hoped our band would blow up, who doesn't want that? But at the same time, I did want to be able to show him off. It just needed to be the right time.

"So, which is it?" He insisted, giving me his sly smile.
"I guess we'll have to wait and see, won't we?" He giggled, leaning in, kissing me again.
"I don't know if you figured it out yet, but I am the jealous type, Kira. So, I'll be right there during your meet and greets." I laughed.
"So YOU think you're gonna be around that long."
"I can only hope."