Status: Updates Might be slow for the first chapters... please bear with me!

When Wolves Come Out to Play

When the Animal Awakens

"...and you get the answer 2x+4..." Sigh.

Ms. Nolan was Still chatting about math, even though today was the last day of school. I looked right at the clock. 10 more minutes. You can do this, Markus. I looked to my left and a couple rows in front of me... at Her.

From behind, all I could see was her long brown hair. It flowed beautifully halfway down her back. She was wearing a white t-shirt that I knew had a pawprint on the front only because I saw her walk into class... Her name is Nyla Grey. She's just so beautiful! I'd watched her walk in in her t-shirt and jeans; her shirt was tight around her.... I flushed and shook my head. I can't let my thoughts wander.

I looked at the clock again and tried my best not to let out a big, long sigh. There were still 5 minutes of class, and Ms. Nolan had switched to rambling about what we can do over the summer since we were all graduating a year early. Then she started talking about the school cookout lunch next period. I can smell the beef from here! I looked back at Nyla, who was now looking out the window. I made the ultimate decision to ask her to go out with me when lunch came. I love her.

The bell rang.

"Alright students, that's it! Have a great summer, and enjoy lunch! Enjoy living the rest of your lives! Goodbye, class!" Ms. Nolan yelled at us. The class replied with goodbyes and hugs.

I stood up and gathered my things and swung my bookbag over my shoulder. When I looked up, Nyla was leaving the classroom. I rushed past the other students to get out and head to lunch. The hallway smelled of beef and excitement. I walked toward the lunch room which had, thankfully, not been crowded yet with students. I walked by a group of girls who giggled when I walked by.

"Hiii, Markus!" the girls said. I smiled at them.
''Hey.''

They giggled again and I got in line for lunch. One of the girls in front of me told me I could get in front of them. I obliged and stepped in fron of her, only to find myself behind Nyla. 'Oh...' I thought.

My heart started beating faster. I'd never talked to her before in my life. She'd only been here for 5 months, but I never said anything to her. I swallowed and readied myself, then tapped her shoulder.

"H-Hey, Nyla..." I stuttered out. I'm so pathetic at times.

When she turned around, she gasped and blushed profusely. I laughed, which only made her blush harder.

"H-Hi, Markus... How are you?" She managed to speak better than I did.

"I'm well thanks, and you?" The line moved up and she grabbed two trays, handing one to me.

"I'm fine, thank you," she said. "Do you want a burger with cheese?"

"Oh man, would I!" She giggled and handed me one. Her giggle is so cute... We made our way through the line. I asked her if she'd like to sit with me, and she blushed and said yes.

As we walked to an empty table, I caught the murmurs of the lunch room. Why is SHE with him? Eew he's talking to that whore! Who's that bitch think she is, talking to Markus? When we sat down, I gritted my teeth and glared. The murmurs stopped. I looked at Nyla, who had begun eating her burger. 'Now's my time to ask her out,' I thought. Well, here goes nothing. I cleared my throat and she looked up at me.

"Nyla... I... I want you to know that, since I first saw you, I've always thought that you were beautiful. When I see you, my heart stops. You're nothing like what everyone says you are and I know it. You're smart and you're beautiful, and I love you. So... will you do me the honor of going out with me?" I smiled at her, and she blushed really hard. Before she answered me, I saw a flash of gold hair and heard the room get quiet. That could only mean one person: Krissy. And she was walking this way. Had I really asked that loudly?

'I... I... yes, I will-!" Nyla's eyes widened as her hair was yanked by Krissy.

"But I'm just some poor ugly bitch who thinks she's so smart and pretty! Oh, Maaarkus!" Krissy mocked her and spat in her face. "Who the hell do you think you are, getting to know my Markus like that, you little fucking whore?! I'll kill you!" I stood up and tried to hold Krissy down, but she kneed me right in the gut. I fell to the ground as the air whooshed out of me.

"Aaghk! S-stop it Krissy, she didn- Guuhh!" Krissy kicked my side.

"I'm sorry, Marky, but stay out of this. I'll make sure this bitch never talks to you again." She turned to Nyla and smacked her hard across the face, then shoved her down. By this time, the whole lunchroom had gathered around. I heard the click! of a door being locked. Fuck. I groaned in pain as I started trying to get up.

Krissy had started stomping and kicking Nyla. Nyla screamed. Then, Krissy got on top of her and started relentlessly punching her. She screamed again. I felt a fire sear through my body. I couldn't stand it! I could feel my eyes change from cool blue to glowing blue violet. My secret was coming out, and I was gonna let it. The students watching gasped and backed away.

"GRRROOAAAAAR! STOP IT NOW KRISSY!'' I half growled, half yelled at her. I felt the searing pain flow through my body. Felt my muscles bulk and tear my black Asking Alexandria t-shirt. Felt my hair grow long, felt my teeth grow. Felt my nails elongate into claws. Felt my abs ripple and expand, and cover with fur. I managed to slip off my sandals so they wouldn't get ruined. I wasn't going to chainge completely yet. I growled at Krissy, who was still on Nyla, but frozen in fear, looking at me. I started at her, and for whatever reason, she tried to punch Nyla one more time. Her fist was caught by Nyla's clawed hand. Wait...clawed? Then I noticed the color of her eyes; they were the same as mine. But something was wrong.

Nyla gripped Krissy's hand and made her scream. She pushed her off oh her, then stood up and grabbed Krissy by the neck. Nyla's hair had turned a beautiful silver, but her eyes were now red. She started squeezing Krissy's neck at full strength.

"Nyla stop, that's enough! Nyla!" I screamed/growled. But she couldn't hear me. She'd become Tranced, a wolf who loses all control. There was only one way to stop a Tranced. I exhaled.

"I'm sorry Nyla..." I murmured, then rushed at her. I grabbed her, doing so with so much force she dropped Krissy's unconscious body to the floor and made a surprised noise. I grabbed her wrists with one hand and tilted her head with the other. I bit down on her neck and felt the blood rush into my mouth. Her body went limp in my arms almost immediately. I released my bite and licked neck. I looked around at the others, Nyla's blood dripping down my chin. They whimpered and ran towards the door that led to the nearby forest by the school.

"Unlock it and let me out first or I'll fucking kill you!!" The students hurriedly unlocked the door and opened it. They were all shaking. I shifted Nyla onto my back and let out a ragged breath as I Shifted completely, then ran outside, into the forest toward her house.

When I got there, I ran from the path to the backdoor and howled. A big, burly man, Mr. Owens opened the door as just as I Shifted back to my human form. He looked at my half naked form, then at Nyla's beaten face on my shoulder. His eyes widened. "What the hell? Markus, what the hell happened? Bring her in and explain everything!" he said. I did so.
**********
"I see... Well, you did the only right thing to do then, I suppose," Mr. Owens said. Mrs. Owens and Nyla's older brother, Eric, had taken Nyla upstairs, cleaned and bandaged her up, and let her rest in her room. At present, the three of them and I were in the living room, along with Eric's boyfriend, Kyle Banes, whom of which had been there before I arrived.

Mr. Owens had just finished telling me the story of the ancient Legend of Two. The legend said that every 1000 years, a boy and girl werewolf was born. They would share the same birthday and they couldn't be related. Their eyes would turn the same color when Shifted. They were destined to fall in love when the time was right, and when they would first meet, all Lycans would know of it. This would cause a war between Lycans and the Howlers, a breed of werewolf who are natural born killers. The Howlers want the Two for themselves. The legend also said the girl would learn of her abilities when her birthday was 3 days away.

"Tell me, Markus, when is your birthday?" asked Mrs. Owens. She was shaking; after what happened to Nyla, I don't blame her.

"June 16th, 1996." The whole room gasped. Eric let out an 'Of course' under his breath. Kyle put his arm around him. Mr. and Mrs. Owens nodded.

"Markus... That too is when our daughter was born. Tell me, what color were her eyes when she Shifted?" Mr. Owens asked.

"They were just like mine, a glowing blue violet color. Her hair turned silver, too."

Mr. Owens grunted. He told me that I should get some rest while the family figures things out, and sent me to Nyla's room with a couple pillows and blankets.

I walked up the stairs and smirked a bit. Nyla's gonna be in for one hell of a surprise when she wakes up.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, I hope you like it :) I know its kinda long, but hey, intro chapter