Every Day Feels Like a War

I'll Go To Hell Some Other Day

Sleep. That was all Andy wanted; was to sleep and wake from the nightmare that, unfortunately, was his life. He laid still on the couch, appearing to be asleep, but the voices in his head wouldn't go away long enough to let his mind calm down. His heart was pounding and everything hurt, but for some reason he had stopped screaming. He had calmed down to soft whimpers until finally, all of a sudden, it was silent.
The entire room was silent.
Slowly, Andy sat up and looked around. Where was he? He could hardly remember what had happened before it all happened... When he realized he was in Ashleys living room, he immediately stood, giving himself a minute to balance himself. He took his phone out to check the time.
1:34 a.m, December 27th. His birthday was over...
No new texts, no new voice mails.
Maybe he had missed some when he was looking at some fans tweets! Eagerly, he went through every message he had received in the last twenty-four hours, heart sinking. He glanced over his shoulder at Ashley, who had fallen asleep in the arm chair to the right of the sofa. He forgot... Sure, he had gotten thousands of tweets from fans and the other guys, but... Ashley, of all people, Ashley forgot.
"Happy birthday to me..." he sighed.
Andy slipped his phone into his back pocket again and walked silently to the door so he wouldn't wake Ashley. The minute he got his hand on the door handle, a hand rested on his shoulder. At first, he was convinced it was Kat, but after making out the tattooed knuckles he relaxed. Ashley...
"You should go lay down, Andy.." Ashley's voice was full of concern, as were his gorgeous honey eyes. Andy turned slowly and shook his head.
"It's okay. I'm feeling better, I don't want to get in the way of-"
"Bullshit, go." Ashley sighed. "You were screaming about two hours ago, you're in no shape to go anywhere by yourself."
Andy's heart fluttered at the wording. By yourself He was tempted to ask if he would go with him but then he remembered why Ashley would say no. He would make up some dumb reason to stay back with his seemingly innocent and harmless girlfriend, curl up by a fire and watch TV, rather than go home with his fucked up friend. Ashley noticed the heartbroken expression dawn on Andy's features and frowned.
"Hey, kid... Is everything okay? I know you're still getting used to the fact I have a girlfriend now, but just because I'm not the notorious ladies man anymore doesn't mean I'm not the same... I'm still your best friend, Andy. You're brother, you can talk to me." He whispered. Andy glared at him, eyes red and irritated from the tears.
"Oh, that's a load of bullshit, Ashley."
Ashley crossed his arms over his chest and tilted his head, obviously growing frustrated. "Really? Alright then, go ahead. Ask me something, and if I get it wrong then you can go out of here and forget this ever happened." He laughed, voice containing hints of annoyance. Andy stared at him for a minute, the silence in the air growing with tension. Was he really saying all of this?
"What was yesterday?" He asked quietly. Ashley raised an eyebrow, as if to say 'what kind of question is that?', but he answered, nonetheless.
"December 26th." He shrugged.
"And?" Andy began to grip the door handle, ready to leave when he failed to answer correctly- he knew he would.
"The day after Christmas- Andy, what the hell is this supposed to prove?" Ashley rolled his eyes. "You're delusional, go lay down."
Andy opened the door.
"I knew you forgot." He whispered in a low, quivering voice. "It was my fucking birthday and you were too busy- have fun with Kat. I'm obviously not important to anyone anymore." He shut the door behind him, leaving Ashley to stare at the empty space where Andy once stood.
Andy didn't run.
He didn't fly.
He just... walked. Andy walked in silence to his house and sank to the floor the second the door shut. Fresh tears began to flow down his cheeks, sobbing into his hands. Was it even worth it anymore? What would happen if he let it happen...
Andy sat up. No. No way in Hell would he let that happen. He got up and went to his bathroom, cleaning himself up. He wiped off all the smeared makeup, brushed through his messy hair, got into clean clothes and sat on his bed. Andy closed his eyes. If he wanted to save his best friend, then he had to calm the fuck down, get himself together, and block Kat out of his head. There was no way he would win with her toying with him like a puppet. Ever since they were kids, his weak spot had always been his past, his regret. Kat knew that and used it to her advantage.
Andy opened his eyes. The blue orbs seemed to be glowing in the light of the full moon that poured in through the window.
He felt re-energized.
Andy looked at himself in the mirror and closed his eyes again.
"The devil in the mirror, screaming that my heart is flawed..." He sang quietly under his breath. "I'm never going to let you fucking win."
Andy sat like that for a long while, breathing steadily. Turns out this was all he needed after all the events that had happened in the past month. All he needed was to relax and take a break from the noise and chaos of the world.
He opened his eyes again and laid his gaze on his phone. Ashley was calling again... He cringed. Did he really want to answer...? During the unneccesary overthinking happening in his head, he had swiped his thumb across the screen to answer the call.
"Andy! Oh my god, finally... I am so, so, so, so sorry, I just-"
"Ashley, its fine." Andy sighed. "Listen, is Kat there?" He asked through clenched teeth. Why was he doing this again?
"Uh.. yeah, she is. Why?" Ashley sounded genuinely confused- which Andy understood completely.
"Can she uh... take me to another appointment tomorrow?" He muttered. Ashley laughed, sounding a bit happy.
"Really? Yeah- Yeah, sure I'll ask." he turned from the phone to ask Kat. Andy heard her utter a response. "She said she'll come get you at ten. This is great, Andy! You're making pro-"
"Yeah, yeah. Goodnight." he grumbled and hung up, hearing Ashley laugh quietly at being cut off before he did so. He laid his phone on the bedside table and laid town, falling asleep.

The next morning he woke to the sound of honking outside in the driveway. "Ah shit.." he groaned when he saw he overslept. He got up, put on some blue skinny jeans with rolled cuffs, combat boots and a simple black tee shirt before running out to the car.
"Yeah, yeah! Sheesh!" he got in. "Could you be any louder? You must have woken up the entire neighborhood!"
"I'm the ruler of Hell, I do as I please." She said casually with a vague shrug. "Now shut up, dumbass." Andy rolled his eyes and looked out the window. Despite their intense, burning hatred for each other, they were normal sibilings- except the immortality and whole supernatural being thing. They teased and picked on each other on a regular basis whenever they were for some reason by themselves- which only happened on extremely rare occasions. In fact, the last time Andy remembered actually having a... somewhat regular conversation was years ago... And by somewhat regular, he meant nearly burning each other over some stupid arguement they were having.
"We're here." She sing songed and got out. Andy got out as well and followed her inside the empty warehouse. "Now, I'm dying to now why you wanted to come back." She tilted her head.
"Because." Andy sat in the chair without being asked.
"Hm... You're so odd, little brother..." She tsk-ed and snapped her fingers to trigger whatever it was she had done to his head twice before. Although, since last night Andy had managed to gain back his strength and block her out- but she didn't have to know that. Not yet, at least.
Andy began to scream and writhe as he had the times before, fooling her with ease.
"You are too easy..." She cackled and went to the door. Andy suddenly threw his dagger, grazing her shoulder. Kat hissed, the door shutting. She whirled around, eyes fiery red. "You're supposed to be-"
"I know." He laughed and walked over, getting his favorite sword in hand and pinning her to the wall. "Now it's my turn for some fun, eh?"
"Andrew, what the hell are you trying to do." She snarled. Andy took his dagger in his other hand and wrinkled his nose.
"Ew. Satan blood." He wiped it on his bandana stuffed in his back pocket and looked at her again. "Oh, right. Nothing much..." Andy tilted his head and laughed quietly. "I may be an angel, and you may have always been the stronger one but.. I'm the smarter one." He grinned, waving his hand over her eyes and knocking her out. As for the gash on her shoulder, that healed within seconds. Andy rolled his eyes. He had always been jealous of her instantaneous healing... He picked her up and took her to the car, driving to Ashleys house with her in the back seat.
"Hey, ba- Andy? what the hell?" he stared at his unconcious girlfriend. Andy sighed.
"She uh.. fell asleep waiting for me in the car and I didn't want to wake her." He lied and brought her inside. He set her on the couch and looked at Ashley. "Ash...?"
"Yeah?" Ashley looked back at him from where he had sat himself beside Kat.
"Can I uh, talk to you? In private?" he bit his lip.
"She's sleeping, she can't hear you." Ashley laughed. Andy rolled his eyes and left the room despite. "Okay then..." Ashley sighed and followed. "What's up?"
Andy looked at him. "I don't know how to say this..."
"Just spit it out." Ashley raised an eyebrow.
"Fuck, I can't.."
"Andy, just tell me."
"But you'll be mad!"
"Well now I have to know. What is it."
Andy grimaced.
"Kat's trying to kill you."