Vices, Virtues, and Second-Hand Smoke

Kristin Vice likes things fast-- and she's good at it, too. Between juggling her position at the top of her class, her rocking social life, her constant hot-mess best friend, and her on-again-off-again boyfriend, she's always ready for an adventure, and she'd never turn down a surprise. Most of the time, anyway.

Surprises like Justin Vice, her belligerent brother showing up at her apartment door. Justin's just as popular with the girls as his sister is with the boys-- he hasn't exactly found someone to mellow him out yet, though, and his musical dreams have brought him, broke and with a killer smile, to crash at his sister's place. Just for a little while.

A little while is all Crystal Meyers needs, however, to catch sight of something she wants and devote herself to making it hers. Crystal, with her money and her perfect life, wants something to take away the boredom that spending her entire life being a little princess has left her with. Lately, she's thinking a love triangle will do just fine. A princess, a rogue, and a prince.

A prince that turns out to be Markus Bay, the all-American football and wrestling champ that everyone on campus either loves or is in love with. Markus, however, has spent the entirety of college being absolutely obsessed with Kristin. Even in the lapses when he absolutely hates her, he still can't help but follow her around like a puppy. He's a mess without her, after all. Just a wreck.

Almost as wrecked as Janelle Reese, who's young and fun and wants nothing more than to fall in love and dedicate her life to Prince Charming-- but between all her Prince Charmings, she'll settle for a few shots and a Corona, maybe a couple hits of whatever anyone's passing around. Just to pass the time.

Passing the time's what Shanks Jove is all about, with his easy winner's smile and his easy going attitude. All he wants is to party and have a good time-- to fall in love with a new girl, every night, and be out of whoever's bed it is by morning. It's college, after all; shouldn't he be having fun? Besides, it's a break or be broken world, and Shanks isn't about to let the first girl with a decent face and a nice pair of pumps stomp on his heart. Well... maybe if they were at the end of some really nice legs.