One in a Million

Prologue

Brooke’s POV

“Kaylee, Julia and I arrived in this little paradise since two days and it seemed that we’ve been living there forever. Everything is so perfect. The sun, the sea, the hot and cool breeze. Waking up and falling asleep to the beautiful sea waves sound was so mind relaxing and peaceful. I’ve been waiting this moment to be here in Ibiza like all of my life, as it was the first time that I came here. For me Ibiza meant fun, boys and partying until there is no tomorrow, yes that’s what I needed. This trip, was already planned since five months, and every day I was counting the day on my calendar, gosh I felt so excited. Julia and I saved our money for more than one year and we always said that one day we’ll go to Ibiza and have the time of our lives, that we deserved some good times and relax.

Julia was my best friend since that I was 16. Julia and I went to the same college in Berlin, till her family decided to move in the city of Dortmund. We made the promise to each other that we’ll live close to each other again. So, on last year, I decided to fly by my own wings, to leave the parents house and start a new life in Dortmund, new job, new apartment, new everything. I was a simple sales girl in a book store in Dortmund since January 2014, but I loved my job. Kaylee is another story, we met when I was working at a Chanel store in Berlin. She was a frequent customer there, and this is how our friendship developed. She might was a rich girl, as her father was a general manager of Mercedes car shop in Germany, but she was the most down to earth girl I’ve ever met in my life.

We were staying at this little bungalow that was not so far from the beach, or almost should I say. Thanks to my step father who did everything to have it. My step father Bernard had a business of wedding catering, and from one of his client was this Spanish business. The Spanish was so impressed by the catering service quality and food that he told Bernard, he had a beautiful house on the beach for rent during holidays in Ibiza, and whenever he needed it, just to let him know, and that he would do something or the price. Thanks Bernard. My step father was just so genial with me. He always considered me as his own daughter. He was a perfect husband for my mom, both were in love and that was enough for me, the happiness of my mom. I never took advantage of Bernard’s money, or asked him for something, except when it was a gift or something like this. I always did everything by my own to get it. My mom always taught me to have everything by my own, so you’ll feel more proud. Oh my mom, yes, she was the strongest woman I’ve ever known, yes she was. After her boyfriend, who’s my father, left her by her own when she found she was pregnant of me. I never knew who was my father and I never had the intention to meet him, what an asshole.

Ibiza – 16/07/2014

I was sleeping in a deep sleep, feeling so good and relaxed. I was dreaming I was on the beach, watching at the beautiful sunset, with all those beautiful purple, pink, orange colours in the sky, feeling the sea breeze on my skin, I was in my little paradise. Suddenly, I felt that something was on my bed, making me scare and open my eyes. The thing I was feeling in my sleep, were my two crazy friends, Kaylee and Julia jumping and shaking my body in every position. Gosh they were like two crazy little children, but whatever I loved them, they were like a part of my family, my sisters. I looked at them, still in a sleepy mood, and grab a pillow covering my face with it, but Julia seized it, trying to remove it from my face. With all of my force I tried to hold the pillow and she started to laugh.

“You’re too old, you won’t have enough of force to hold this pillow.” Julia said in a joke, as he kept on pulling the pillow to her.

“Yes, I might be old, but I still have my strength, little bitch.” I answered with a laugh as I thrown another pillow into her face.

“No way.” She said, throwing back at my face the pillow. All this action made my sleepy mood disappeared, I was so awake, and happy to be surrounded by my friends like that in bed.

“Happy Birthday darling, we love you.” Kaylee and Julia suddenly said as both hugged me so tightly. This was the best way to start my day, yes my day. Today was so special, as I was turning 28. Time was running so quickly, that I didn’t realized it. And being here in Ibiza was also in coincidence, to celebrate my birthday, I wanted something only for me, to have fun with my two besties and forget about everything.

“Thank you girls, OMG thank you so much, I love both of you even more.” I answered as we were still hugging each other, my head being on Kaylee’s legs, and Julia’s head on my legs. We were so crazy.

“You are just amazing Brooke, you are the type of friend everyone would like to have, you deserve happiness and the best in your life, and today is your birthday girl, I have a feeling that a change will happen in your life.” Kaylee said with all of honesty. I was feeling so emotional at this moment, gosh, her words were coming from her heart, I could feel warmth. She was just amazing.

“OMG Kaylee, please stop, or I will cry.” I said as I covered my face with my two hands.

“It’s okay if you cry Brooke, tears of happiness are the best.” Julia said squeezing my hand making me look at her. My eyes were so watery.

“Awwwww look at her, how cute she is, with all of her tears in her eyes.”

“Yeah, totally, but I hope that for tonight she won’t cry like that.” Julia said with a suspicious tone. I looked at her with a suspicious glare. I was sniffing that they were hiding or preparing something for my birthday, I was almost sure, but what was it.

“Tonight, and what is going on for tonight?” I asked with a curious voice. Julia and Kaylee remained silent, only looking at each other with big eyes. The way they were looking at us, they must have been scheming something behind my back, I could feel it.

“Sweetie, just wear something nice and comfortable for the beach, okay, just do that.” Julia said with a smile pinching my cheek. That rose my curiosity to another level. I really wanted to know what they have planned, but knowing them, nothing would come out of their mouth.

“But, at least tell me, where are we going, what will happen.” I said in excitement.

“No way baby, just be ready, that’s all I can say.” Kaylee said with an eye wink.

“Okay, okay, even under torture you girls won’t say a word, so I won’t try to know further, I’ll stick to your advices and wear something cool, okay.” I said making a fake annoyed pouting face, but couldn’t hole my emotions and ended in laugh.

“What a beautiful picture for my Instagram.” Kaylee said as she was busy with her phone. I’m sure she took a pic of me with my pouting face. Yes I was so sure. She was a specialist to take surprise photo without you noticing it.

“Kaylee, please, no, my face is so fucking horrible, don’t even try to post it on your Instagram.” I said with a warning voice and serious face.

“Shut up, you are gorgeous at any time of the day, so shut up Brooke, the world deserve to see your beautiful morning face, and I’m tagging your pic with the #birthdaygirl.”

“OMG, You are crazy, totally crazy.” I said as I dive my whole body again on my bed and covered my face with a pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

22:05 PM

After we had a homemade pizza for dinner, we drank some vodkas, with a limit, so we wouldn’t be drunk.

I was in front of the mirror, checking myself, if my dress was good enough, if my make up was not too much. As I kept on looking at me, I saw that something was missing on my face, but I didn’t know what it was. So I turned my head to my bed, and saw there was the pink lipgloss. As I saw it, I gently hit my head with my hand and shook my head in denial. “Stupid you Brooke, so stupid.” I said to myself as I grabbed the lip gloss and put some on my lips. I was focused on my make up, when Julia and Kaylee my two crazy friends erupted all ready. They looked so beautiful, with Kaylee wearing a super tiny short white dress and Julia a blue denim mini short and a green pastel oversized tank top.

“Wooooooow, look at our birthday girl, she will be the most beautiful girl of the party.” Kaylee exclaimed as she walked behind me.

“Thanks, but you too look really so great, with that dress, all guys will stick to you like honey.” I said with a little silly laugh as I kept on applying some lip gloss. Gosh I hated the idea to get prepared without not knowing where I was going to. But girls told me to be ready, so I couldn’t do anything else that preparing myself. Lipgloss done, I grabbed my Lolita Lempicka perfume bottle and sprayed some of on my body, clothes and arms, when Julia had a wide large smile on her face, it looked so silly, and I know it meant something.

“Julia, I know this smile, so what are you trying to hide.” I asked with a smile.

“Close your eyes.” Julia said.

“What?” I asked again.

“Close your eyes, or no surprise.” Kaylee added. I pouted with a sigh and finally closed my eyes.

“Now, you can open them.”Julia said as she was grabbing in her hands tickets that she put so close in front of my eyes that I couldn’t read properly it was.

“What is that I asked” I said as I looked closer to the ticket and remains silent. I opened my eyes, and looked more closely to the pink white tickets which had a logo with the Ushuaia Club Hotel. I was froze, gosh, I looked at the tickets closely, then to Kaylee and Julia and back again to the tickets. I was like a stupid crazy girl with my behaviour and face expression. My hand on my mouth, I felt gooseflesh all around my body.

“OH MY FUCKING GOD, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT.” I said in an excited and trembling voice as I kept on looking a the tickets.

“It’s your birthday gift, darling, you really deserve it.” Kaylee said as she put a pink VIP bracelet around my wrist. I still couldn’t believe my eyes that I would celebrate my birthday at the Ushuaia Club. It was one of the best club on this planet, and it was one of my dream to go there. I think it’s every one dream to go there and have a partying time.

“OMG, I can’t believe it, OMG, OMG.” I kept on saying as I felt tears in my eyes. I couldn’t express my feelings at the moment, I was just too excited and happy at the same time.

“So, still ready to have a hard party.” Julia added as she put her VIP bracelets in her wirst.

“The hell yes, OMG, thank you so much girls, you are just the best, OMG.” I answered as both Kaylee and Julia hugged me. I was just to and so excitedly to enter this amazing club.