Status: Look at the story in full detail, the photos of the real vacation and the real people featured in the story at http://seasidesummerbc.tumblr.com/ Password: seaside

Keeping Summer

Ten // Sophie

Date: June Twelfth Two Thousand Fourteen.
Time: Twelve in the afternoon
Place: Highway 30A in front of Pickles

“Pizza” Emily says.
“Pickles!” Ava fires back.
“Tacos sound so good right now!” Riley whines.
“I vote pizza” Kayla chimes in.
“Tacos are so yum” Rachel says as everyone turns and looks at me.
It was all up to me. I was the deciding vote. Pizza or Tacos. Deciding lunch is so hard in seaside.
“Guys!” I whine, “Don’t look at me like that!”
“Sophie, I’ll do your laundry for a week for tacos” Riley says.
“Pizza and I’ll buy you Frost Bites afterwards.” Kayla bribes.
“PIZZA!” I cheer and I start walking towards Bud & Alley’s Pizza Hut. “Really Ri? You thought I was going to believe that YOU would do MY laundry! HA!”
When we arrive, we sit at a table for nine just incase the parents decide they want join us for lunch. We all had mini conversations about how we couldn’t wait to get to the beach and stuff this trip when a teenage looking boy in an apron walked up to the table with nine glasses of water. He set a glass at every place setting then took out his notepad.
"Hey, I’m Chase and I’ll be helping you today." He said to all of us, but he couldn’t take his hazel eyes off of Riley "Is there anything you would like to know about the menu?"
"We would like Caesar salads for everyone" Kayla said then broke Rileys concentration on him. He walked away back into the kitchen.
"Okay, he was cute!" Squeeked Riley.
"What about Chad?" I asked.
"Oh," her face went sad "he cheated on me, I’m done with him" she said finally.
"Oh my Ri!" I said getting up from my seat and walked around the table to hug her. While we hugged I whispered to her, "you deserve so much better. I love you no matter what. You’re amazing and he’s just going to have to miss out on your amazingness."
she hugged me back saying stuff about how she loved me too and that she would be okay because a boy isn’t the end of the world. I broke the hug and went back to my seat. “So what about a little rebound on Chad?”
"Nah," she shrugged it off.
"If you think Riley needs rebound say I" Rachel says, then a chourous of I’s went around the table.
"No guys" she says.
"You need to get out there." Kayla says to her quietly after everyone went in to their separate conversations. "I know it’s soon, but the sooner you’re out there the faster your heart break will heal because you’re replacing the hurt with happiness."
"I’ll think about it Kayla" she said then Chase came out with our salads.
"I’ll be back in a few for your orders" he said locking eyes with Riley before he walked to his next table.
Six caesar salads and three half-burnt pizzas later we were waddling home with food babies in our stomachs. My food baby wasn’t feeling so good….
While Riley on the other hand was still without Chase’s phone number.