‹ Prequel: Valentine's Day
Status: This is COMPLETE! Yay! :D

30 Days

Day 27: Jack's P.O.V.

“Can I be a man?
One that understands
How to love more patiently
I am free now…”

- Free Now, Sleeping With Sirens.

I’d texted Alex yesterday, after we’d dyed his hair, asking if he wanted to go for a meal out. Nowhere posh, neither of us would be any good at that and besides, I’m kind of on a limited income, so tacos at Taco Bell it would have to be. I didn’t mind, I liked tacos, but I thought it was best to ask Lex. So I’d asked if that was alright with Alex and he’d said yeah.

So that brings me to now, walking with Alex to the nearest Taco Bell, which was in town.

“My hands are still pink you know?” I said, holding my hands up to show Lex, “And I blame you.”

“But Jack,” He pouted, “My hair looks so good.”

“True, true.” I agreed, nodding, “But that doesn’t change the fact that my hands are pink and it’s your fault!”

“No it isn’t!” Alex sing-songed, skipping ahead of me.

I simply shook my head at his antics, being too used to them to be bothered, before catching up with him and sliding my arm through his. We skipped the rest of the way, arm in arm.

When we got there, about fifteen minutes later, I insisted on paying, and Alex let me – after much protesting.

“Me doth think the lady protest too much.” I said, looking up at the board that showed the opinions.

My next words were, “Ow fuck Alex!” as he punched me hard on the arm.

He laughed at my pain. I frowned.

His laugh is pure gold, I thought, stepping behind Alex as he moved forward, towards the counter, where an employee was smiling at us.

“What’s your order?” The employee asked, glancing between me and Alex.

I stated my order and stepped back, letting Alex order his food. When the employee told us how much it would cost, I pushed Alex to the side and paid, ignoring his protests. The food came, I picked up the tray and walked over to the nearest clear table. We sat down and began to eat.

I watched Alex eat his with obvious relish, and wondered why buying food for him made me feel so good. I let a smile form on my lips just before I took a bite of my taco. I moaned, it was so good.

“Stop making sex noises Jack,” Alex said, swallowing a bite of food, “We’re in a family restaurant.”

I shrugged, “Eh. They’re getting the full package. Almost.”

He laughed, almost choking on his mouthful of food.

“What we gonna do at band practice tomorrow?” I asked.

“Well, I’ve got a few songs that I’ve written…”

“Oh yeah? Tell me.” I said.

The rest of the meal passed in a conversation about Alex’s songs that he’d written. I thought that was amazing, I knew I’d never be able to write anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
The fourth chapter! I honestly didn't mean to post another one today, but whatever. I don't care. :)

Comments make my day!