Status: Comment please

It Was Always You

Preface

“Run, Evelyn, run” I heard a male voice ordering me as I ran with all my might towards a safe place.

I tripped over a rock and fell to the floor. I looked back as I held my sore and, I would dare to say, broken ankle. There were four men running after me. I grunted and tried to leave the pain aside so that I could run. I stood up and ran and ran, until I found a cabin in the woods. I hid in there hoping for the four men not to find me. I hid under one of the beds as I heard them enter the cabin. I cursed myself for being as st*pid as to hide in the most common place.

“There you are” I heard someone say from behind me as he yanked me by the feet from under the bed. I struggled under his iron grasp and he punched me in the nose. I yelped in pain and the four men laughed as I continued trying to get away from their hands.

“You are coming with us” Another man stated and I tried to speak only to be shut by a hand on my mouth. “You know that you are important” I tried to tell them that they got the wrong woman, but to no avail. They took me to a house in the mountains and tied me to a chair. I looked around the dark room trying to find a way out. I saw a window which had bars. The walls were made of stone and door of wood. The room was empty but for me and a rat that was coming dangerously close to me. I tried to shoo it away from me, but it decided that it was a good idea to run up my leg to end up in me lap. It looked at me and I tried to make it jump out of me.

“Looks like you found your kin” I heard a voice say from the door. I looked at the owner and was shocked to find him. “He is waiting for you” He announced as he made two soldiers drag me down a stone corridor. “I cannot believe that you are that important” I tried to talk again, but I was cut as I was thrown roughly to the floor. I hissed in pain as my sore ankle hit the stone and my legs were scratched by the stone.

“Look who we have in here” The man with red eyes started. I looked at him scared as I was told many horrible things about him. “Your friend is in here too” He nodded his head to the soldiers who were in his right. After a couple of minutes they brought the limp body of him, the man who told me to run.

I tried to move towards him, but a foot on my back brought me back to the floor. I looked at his bloody face and called his name. He flinched and woke up. He tried weakly to escape from his captors, but to no avail. His green eyes landed on me and he just looked at me.

“Are you alright?” I asked him, but then again it was a st*pid question. How could he be alright if he was bleeding from many parts of his body and I was sure that he had even some broken bones.

“I told you to run” He told me coldly. I scoffed and got angry.

“I ran, but they caught me” I sneered. He frowned angrily and stood up in his two feet.

“You should have run faster” HE screamed and I frowned at him angrily.

“Why are you angry at me?” I asked him in the same angry tone. However, our argument was stopped as someone was laughing. I looked at the red-eyed man and he laughed even harder.

“It’s going to be real fun killing you both” He confessed as he stopped laughing.

“Yeah, real fun” I answered sarcastically. The red-eyed man stood up with a serious face and walked my way. I gulped nervously as he stood right in front of me looking down at me with a sinister glare. He grabbed me by the neck and hoisted me up. My hands instinctively went to his hand trying to pry it away.

“Do not dare to talk to me like that” He whispered in my ear before throwing me to the floor roughly. I gasped for air as I held one hand to my now bruised neck. I saw how he walked towards his throne and grabbed a knife before walking to where the other hostage was being held by some men. The red-eyed evil grabbed him by the hair roughly and held his head back. He placed the knife on his neck ready to slit it.

“Tell me where it is, and I will let him live” HE ordered me and I looked at his eyes and nodded my head.

“Ok” I agreed. The evil smirked my way and let go of the other man. I sighed relieved, but then I felt all the fear come back to me.

Ok, let’s stop it in here. I think that you all deserve to know about the beginning of this story. You would think that it’s going to be the typical story about a girl falling in love with a man who is secretly in love with her. Said man would do anything to keep her safe and sound from all the dangers that are lurking in this world. But, let me tell you that it is not the case. Yes, this man is hot as hell as in many other stories, but that’s all that you will find in this story. Who knows maybe in the end this man would confess his undying love to me, but that’s kind of unlikely to happen as the man hates me to no end. Why? I’m still trying to know why. Maybe it could be because he had to protect me, but who knows.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think about this story. Thanks for reading :)