Status: Chapters weekly every friday night... hopefully. :D

The Halfbreed

Of Elves and Dwarves

Kili's POV
Kili stared at her as she left and excused himself too he went to catch up to her and as he did she looked behind her and saw him. Mahal how amazing she was, that song was so unexpected, and her hair was a wild mess of curls, it reminded him of a mane. And her eyes they were beautiful they were chocolate brown with tiny rings of darker brown in the center.
She turned around to see him. “Kili? What is it?” she asked.
“I was just on my way to my room, it’s up these stairs too.” He lied.
“Oh.” Was that disappointment he asked himself? “Well we might as well walk together then.” She said.
His heart skipped a step as he walked side by side with her, he remembered the scene on the balcony and started to blush. He was mad at himself when he ran his finger across her face he had thought about kissing her but did not want to scare her, but when she stayed he almost did, almost she had pulled away before he could. Their lips had barely even brushed and it made him ache and wish that he hadn’t scared her away, or at least that’s why he thought she pulled away. “That was quite a song,” he said.
“Yes well I learnt that in the inn in Rohan,” she said, she didn’t seem too drunk to Kili but then again he had never really seen a drunken elf.
She stopped suddenly, “This is my room,” she pointed to the door beside him.
He had not even got to say anything, “Oh, um sorry I’ll move,” and as he did he nearly fell down the stairs, nearly had she not caught him again. Curse this wound, why did it plague him so? At least the nausea was gone for now.
She looked worried again, was that all for him? Was she feeling what he himself was?
She helped him up, “You have to let me look at that.”
He stared at her their breath mingling as she was paying more attention to his leg, “No it’s okay I’m fine.”
She looked at him in the eye, so close now she looked him in the eyes her cheeks were becoming red, was she blushing?
“Tolo ar nin. (Come with me)” She opened her door and dragged him in by his collar, he felt like a child, especially when she spoke in Elvish. Then she put him on the bed and tried to go for his wound but he was quick and stopped her, and they kept doing this dance for a while before they were both breathing heavily and they were both on the bed. “Leithio nin. (Release me)” she huffed. He had both of her hands in his and just the contact sent his heart soaring, not to mention her mad face just an inch away. She looked cute when she was mad, and then he made his decision.
“If you let me do something then I will let you look at it. Okay?” he asked.
She looked at him hesitantly, “Okay,”
He let go of her hands and sat up she did the same, “But no more Elvish.” She looked at him apologetically. “Turn around and face off of the bed.” So she did, which he then took her hair in his hands and started combing it with his fingers. He hadn’t thought that it would have been this soft.
He had gotten out all the knots and was just running his hands through trying to feel the silkiness more, it was wondrous how her hair felt in his hands, “You have such soft hair,” he murmured.
She barely let out a sound, and then he went to braiding her hair and when he had felt he had done a good job he realized she was leaning against him. “Vanya?” she made no sound so he gently lowered her onto the bed and pulled the covers over her. And something took him when he saw her sleeping in bed so he leaned in and kissed her forehead. He turned to leave, as she grabbed his hand.
“Kili?” she murmured.
He turned around to look back at her, “Yes, Vanya?”
“Don’t leave.” She looked up at him tiredly and his body shook with nervousness, what should he do? “Please?” she whispered.
He nodded before he had made his decision, he couldn’t just leave her like that, not when she had asked him to stay with her. He got under the covers and almost instantly she wrapped her arm around him and snuggled into his chest, his heart all but exploded. He was so unsure of what to do in this situation, but it felt so right.
He looked down at her as she slept and felt a big smile on his face, and he then wrapped his arm around her as she sighed happily. Maybe he hadn’t scared her as much as he thought maybe she did have feelings for him too. He reached down and brushed her bangs out of her face, then whispered goodnight as he stared at the ceiling his happiness was hard to contain and after a while he drifted of happily.
He woke up still in her bed as he looked down at her, she seemed so small while she slept. When he had met her he had not expected to be taller than her, but he was almost glad he was now, as she fit perfectly in the crook of his arm. For a while he could hardly tear his eyes off of her, she looked so peaceful, her eyelashes made dark crescents on her cheeks and her face was pale except for her rosy cheeks. She almost looked like a doll.
He hated to leave but he didn’t want to rouse suspicion, he looked out the window and realized it must be almost dawn and crawled out from under her as she rolled off. As he got out of the bed he felt weak and dizzy he had to even grip the bed for stability, this stupid leg wound made him feel wretched. But he was sure it would fade, it had to, and so he hobbled out of her room careful not to put much weight on his bad leg just yet, and closed the door silently behind him.
Vanya's POV
She woke up just before dawn and tried to recall what happened, and all she could get was she had tried to look at Kili’s leg and passed out when he was playing with her hair. She got out of bed and put on new pants and a deep green tunic and headed downstairs where everyone was gathered in the entrance.
They were all adorned with supplies from the people of Laketown and led to a boat just big enough for the whole company, as they shuffled in Thorin stopped Kili.
“Not you. We must travel at speed, you will slow us down.” Thorin said, and she noticed how sickly he looked to day his eyes were red on the outside, and his skin had a yellow papery look to it.
“What are you talking about? I'm coming with you.” Kili protested.
“No, no.” Thorin shook his head.
“I'm going to be there when that door's opened. When we first look upon the halls of our fathers, Thorin...”
“Kili, stay here. Rest. Join us when you're healed.” Thorin said.
Kili looked like he was shot, she felt badly for him, and he went to sit down.
“I'll stay with the lad. My duty lies with the wounded.” Oin said as he got out of the boat.
“Uncle, we grew up on tales of the mountain. Tales you told us. You cannot take that away from him!” Fili said.
“Fili.” Kili said trying to silence his brother.
“I will carry him if I must!” Fili seemed determined.
“One day you will be King and you will understand. I cannot risk the fate of this quest for the sake of one dwarf. Not even my own kin.” Thorin looked on as Fili looked over to Kili then got off the boat, Thorin grabbed his arm to stop him. “Fili, don't be a fool. You belong with the company.”
Fili looked at his uncle incredulously, “I belong with my brother.” He said as he walked toward Oin and Kili.
Vanya got out of the boat and turned to Thorin, “I may be able to help Oin and I feel more need to stay here but I offer you this,” she held out her sword, “It will serve you far better that any sword made by man.”
He appraised his new sword, nodded, and looked on as she too walked over to Kili and then got into the boat as they set sail. She looked at Oin as he went over Kili’s body, as the Master announced, their friend’s departure when Bofur appeared out of the crowd.
“No!” He yelled, as he turned to see them.
“Did you miss the boat as well?” Bofur asks.
Suddenly Kili looked close to passing out as he fell over, it was worse than she thought, Fili looked extremely worried, “Kili? Kili!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just me trying to write in Kili's POv hope it was okay, :) thanks for reading everybody!