Status: First chapter EEE! Let me know what you guys think!

Invisible Signs

First Day

I ran down the long, empty halls of Washington Academy, an all-girls High School, partly because I was excited, but mostly because I was about to be late. It was the first day of school on that crisp September morning, and I could already tell that this would be a fantastic year for me. I walked into Science and spotted Casey, my best friend. I plopped down in a seat next to her, pulling my books out of my unmanageably heavy back-pack, already regretting the under-preparing I had done. I stuffed the books into my empty desk, and that’s when I saw her. I nearly dropped the contents I held in my hands at the sight of her beauty, it was amazing. I gaped at her as she walked by, not lifting my gaze until I heard Casey’s voice, which seemed far away at the moment.
“Allen- are you listening?”
“Huh?” My head shot up and I spun around.
“Oh, I uh- yeah, I‘m listening!” I slyly returned my gaze to the mysterious girl for just a moment. One moment to long. Casey quickly followed my gaze and looked back at me, wide eyed and excited. Only she and two others knew my secret.
“Who’s that?!” I shushed her quietly, putting my hand over her open mouth. Which, apparently, could not stop making noise. She squealed, but then quickly quieted down. We were getting eyes from all over the room, definitely not the kind of attention I needed. She giggled and asked again.
“Who is that?” I put my hand on my forehead and slowly ran my fingers through my hair.
“I don’t know!” The mystery girl was talking to the teacher as I watched her. I heard Mr. Ronan tell her to find a seat. I looked around the room, searching for an empty chair for her to sit in. I only saw one, and it was next to me. She spotted the seat and began walking towards it. I could already smell her amazing fragrance, mixed with roses and rain. I smiled at her as she sat down. Then class started. It seemed to drag on for hours. When the bell finally rang, I decided to introduce myself. As the students poured into the halls, I grabbed the girls arm. Her tan skin was beautiful, and soft. It felt warm as my hand ran across her shoulder and she turned round.
“Hi, I-" pull it together, Allen! You can do this!
“I’m Allen.” I felt my hand tighten around my books. She smiled shyly and introduced herself as April. We talked for a while longer until the late bell rang.
“Shit! Well, um- maybe we can go out for lunch later today!” she asked me. I couldn’t believe it. Had April just asked me out? Probably not, but close enough! She was blushing furiously, which made me want to kiss her more.
“That sounds great! I know an awesome coffee shop that we can check out.” She smiled again.
“See you around.”
~2 hours later
“So,” I asked shyly, “where are you from?”
“Who, me?” she asked, making me laugh.
“Yes, of course you! What, you think I would ask the wall before I asked my da-“
I stopped short before I found myself saying date.
“Companion, would be the word?” I said before she could get the drift of what I was going to say.
“L.O.L., I guess you’re right. I’m a Michiganite.”
“What?” I asked, extremely confused. April laughed, touching my arm. The feel of her warm hand sent pleasant shivers up my spine. I wanted to touch her back, but I didn’t want to be embarrassed.
“I’m from Michigan. It’s just a little something we call each other.”
“Wait, seriously? You call each other Michiganites?” I laughed, feeling my face redden.
“No,” she laughed, clearly embarrassed. “I just searched it. I guess that’s what some people call each other, though.”
“Well my good Michiganite, welcome to California.” I said, in my best Announcing voice.
“Hey, you want to take this drink to my place?” asked April, suddenly. Even with her almond shaded skin tone, you could tell she was blushing.
“We have school though…” I had never missed a day of school before.
“So, you’re one of THOSE girls, huh.” She smiled jokingly at me.
“Um, no, I don’t think so…”
“Then let’s go!” she smiled excitedly. I looked at her nervously.
“Are you coming?” she asked. I smiled reluctantly, but finally broke.
“Oh, fine.” I grabbed my bag from the floor. This was going much better than I had interpreted, more or less. April reached down for her bag.
“Hey, I can carry your bag if you want!” I asked shyly.
“Are you sure?”
“Of course I am!”
“Oh, well in that case- That would be fantastic.” As we walked to her car, I was getting excited. I mean, there I was, getting into a beautiful, sexy, smart girl’s car, going to her house. I sat down in the passenger side. It was a nice car, with seat warmers and a nice sun-roof addition.
“Hey Ally, sorry about the mess, it’s really embarrassing to have people in my car.” She looked at me, smiling nervously. I looked around her spotless car, with no splattered bugs on the wind shield. I was impressed, actually. It’s one thing to have a nice car, but to keep it clean? That’s hard.
“No worries! My car is way worse,” I lied.
“Well, to be honest with you, I don’t actually have a car. I’m just assuming that if I did, it would be messy.” April laughed and began to drive to her house. When we got there, I was surprised on how average the house was. The building was two story’s high, with a light maroon sort of color.
“Hey, look! My house is almost the exact same color as your hair!” April exclaimed, seeming very excited about it.
“Oh yeah, cool!” I gave her a nervous laugh as we walked into her home.
“Omg, your house is amazing! Omigod… does that door say sauna? That is so cool!”
“Ha-ha, I guess so. Hey, I’m going to go to the bathroom really quick. Be right back!” she shouted as she walked away. I ran around like a five year old, admiring her fantastic home. All I could really think about though was the sauna… how we could both go in, take off all our clothes wearing nothing but towels. I would move closer to her, touch her shoulder and whisper- OMFG DID I JUST THINK THAT?! I screamed inside as I slapped myself.
“Damn it, Allen! You suck!” I swore under my breath as April came back from the bathroom. I looked at her, extremely embarrassed and blushing uncontrollably. We stood quietly for a few moments, until I decided to talk.
“So, how long have you been living here in Cali?” I nervously asked her, blushing like crazy.
April POV
“Only a few months,” I said. I noticed Allen sounded nervous.
“Hey, are you okay? You look a little… shaky.” I looked at her, worried. Allen’s eyes widened and she started seriously blushing.
“Y- Yeah, I’m fine!” she sort of yelled, like it was forced.
“Okay… hey, do you want to check out the sauna? It’s really relaxing, and you look pretty tense.”
Allen choked for a second, and smiled weakly.
“Sounds fun,” she said.
“Let’s go!”

Allen POV
Holy shit! Holy mother FUCKING shit!!!!!!!!!! Did she just ask me to go into her sauna with her?!
Oh my god… that’s fucking awesome!
I smiled widely at April, excited.
We walked into her sauna, and April began undressing quickly.
“Wait!” I said, wanting to tell her that I was a lesbian before she undressed, but I figured I should just enjoy it.
“What?” she looked at me, confused.
“Uh, nothing,” I said. Soon she was completely nude and I tried my best not to look at her angel like body. I was still in my underwear and bra, nervously contemplating whether or not to go any farther with this. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I ran over to the bench where it sat, and looked at who was calling.
“Uncle Jeremy” calling…
“SHIT!” I yelled, quickly putting on my clothes. My uncle, aka my legal guardian ever since my dad and mom died, was calling me.
“What the hell is your problem?” April asked, annoyed.
“I have to go, sorry.” I said as fast as possible, and walked out into her kitchen. April grabbed a towel and ran after me.
“Hold up,” she said. I turned around, and April wrote her phone number on my hand with a Sharpie that had been sitting on the table. I nodded grate fully at her and ran towards the front door.
“Allen, don’t forget to text me!” April yelled, just before the door clicked shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me kow what you think! Should I continue writing or nah?