Deamon Venator

Chapter Thirteen

Dani sat in the nursery she was barely able to walk down the hall, let alone do any hunting, so she was forced to sit at home and research everything, she was suppose to find out about some demon but she couldn't pull herself away from the nursery. She had less then two months left of her pregnancy, and tomorrow is the baby shower that Natalie was throwing for her.
"Dani, there you are, did you find anything on the demon?" Ryan asked, "or are you too busy thinking about the nursery, and the little one who will be sleeping in here shortly?"
"No," she lied. "Okay yes." Ryan walked over and placed a hand on her belly, making the baby start to kick. "Only you can get the baby this active." She giggled.
"Good to know." Ryan smiled.
"I should get researching." Dani started to get up but couldn't get off of the couch. Ryan was trying not to laugh, he helped her to her feet and she hit him and headed for the library. She grabbed a couple of books and headed towards the den, found a overstuffed loveseat put the books down and went towards a table, tried to move it by herself but it was heavy so she found Ryan and Dylan and got them to help her. "Thank you guys." She said as she sat down, and put the books on the table and started to read.

Dani had lost track of time as she read, but she had finally found something. She walked into the kitchen, she had heard everyone's voice. "So the demon you're looking for...." Dani started but stopped as she noticed dinner being set on the table. "Dinner already?" She asked.
"Well you missed lunch, we told you several times," Natalie smiled.
"Oh, well about that demon." Dani said, and sat down at her spot beside Ryan and explained about the demon. "It loves to hide in dark, musky places, like cellars, subway tunnels, basements, abandoned building's, anywhere light isn't. Because this demon doesn't like light, it is harmful, and can I kill it?" Dani was going stir crazy.
"Thank you Danika, but no you need to stay out of the field until my grandbaby is born." Jeremy stated.
Dani sighed, she was tired of being in the house, she wanted to be able to breathe fresh air, talk with her friends, but she has been locked in this house for what seemed like years, of course it was only weeks.
"Fine, then I'm going to go hang out with Courtney, I haven't seen her in a while, and well I would like to get out of the house for a while." Dani said, "and no I'm not asking," Dani smiled.
"Fine Ryan will drive you..." Jeremy started.
"No, he can drive me yeah, but he isn't staying with me while I hang out with my friend." Dani stated.
Once dinner was done, Ryan drove her to the Coffee Bean Cafe and she saw Courtney. "Oh my goodness, you look so beautiful." Courtney hugged Dani.
"Thank you, and Ryan you can meet me back here in an hour, have fun." Dani said, Ryan sighed and walked off, she got her herbal tea, and sat down and started talking. Someone walked in and fired a couple of shots into the ceiling. She sent a quick "SOS" text to Ryan.
"All money and jewelry on the tables." The man ordered. Dani looked at Courtney, the gunman pointed the gun at Dani he noticed her put her hand on her belly, and then lowered the gun so it pointed at her baby.
"I don't have any money, and I don't wear jewelry, I had only enough for an herbal tea." Dani said quickly, her voice shook a little. The gun cocked and then it was thrown to the ground, Ryan stood at the door his arm stretched out as if he just through a knife. The tears that Dani didn't realize she was holding back slid down her cheek, Ryan ran over to her, knocking the guy out. "I'm okay, just my pride is hurt, I would've been able to knock him on his ass on my bad day, and all I can do now is cry?"
"Your pregnant, you were thinking of our baby, there is nothing wrong with that." Ryan promised. Ryan looked at the guy as he was struggling to stand, Ryan turned and punched him again before calling the police. He pulled her closer. "Never scare me like that again." He ordered.
"I'm sorry." Dani laid her head on his shoulder, allowing him to comfort her.
The police arrived minutes later, and was able to arrest the man, of course Ryan insisted that Dani get checked by paramedics, her blood pressure was up a little, and it was recommended that she go to the hospital to get checked. Dani didn't want to, but with the look Ryan was giving her, she agreed. To her horror she had to go by ambulance.
The doctor recommended she have no stress, and try to stay off of her feet for the rest of the pregnancy. Apparently she had toxemia, thankfully they were able to catch it quickly, and she was placed on bed rest. That would not work out, Dani hated sitting in bed all day. Ryan drove home, and of course the big mouth told everyone. She went to the bedroom, glaring at her father and Ryan as they followed her closely.
She slammed the door in their faces and stripped, put her pajamas on and climbed into bed. She had asked her father to get her a smaller bed, so she now has a normal four poster king sized bed. She climbed in and went to bed.

Dani sat on one of the overstuffed arm chairs with a pillow behind her and feet up on the ottoman, she didn't like it. Natalie had brought a veggie tray, and already she had her claws in the veggies, the door bell sounded and as she started to get up - with a bit of trouble - but Natalie gave her a look, sighing she sat back and watched as the guests started to arrive. Courtney and a bunch of others, mostly hunter women, and then Jenna walked in.
Standing up, Dani walked to Natalie and pulled her aside. "Okay what is Jenna doing here?" Dani asked.
"I didn't know she'd be coming. I guess Ryan said she could come." Natalie said, "just don't get stressed about it, now go sit down."
The door opened again, and Dani and Natalie looked over and was both shocked to see Genevieve walk in. "What the hell are you doing here?" Dani snapped.
"I came because your my baby, and that is my grandbaby, I also heard you are suppose to be off of your feet, come on sweetheart." Genevieve stated. "Go sit down."
Almost all eyes glanced at Genevieve as she walked in, "Genevieve, didn't think we'd ever see you again." Megan hissed.
Dani sighed, and went to her chair and lowered herself onto it. "Well my this is a shower for my grandbaby." Genevieve stated.
"ENOUGH!" Dani snapped, she sighed. They all agreed to leave it alone for Dani's sake and the unborn baby, she got to open the gifts, she got a breast pump, some diapers, a stroller, a high chair, toy's, neutral coloured clothing, a car seat. Everything she'd need for her baby. Fighting back tears Dani said, "thank you everyone."

An hour later as Natalie and Dani were putting the stuff in bag's to bring them up to the nursery, when Ryan and Dylan walked in. "Oh good, can you bring these things up to the nursery?" Dani asked.
"Sure thing." Ryan said and he and Dylan started to bring the heavy thing's up, brought the high chair into the kitchen, and than her father walked in and looked at Dani.
"When were you planning on telling me that your mother is back in town?" He snapped. Dani didn't know what to tell him.
"I had asked her to leave me alone, trust me I don't want Genevieve around anymore than you do, and because she is, I'm afraid it has something to do with my baby." Dani stated.
"I had to tell the council, so she'd either be running, or in custody." Jeremy stated. Dani didn't know how she felt about it, but knew you don't piss off the council, without paying the price. So when Genevieve broke from the council, and turned her back on her duties she was painted a traitor, so now she would have to face the worse punishment; death. She allowed innocents to die without doing anything to help them, that death wasn't pretty, so her death would have to be the same, Dani didn't want her mother to die, but she was a traitor, Dani just wanted to know why she showed up here of all places when Dani was pregnant.
♠ ♠ ♠
FEED BACK!!!! Happy Reading!!!!