Deamon Venator

Chapter Seven

Dani sat in the car as Ryan drove her to the condo. She was looking at the ultrasound, smiling. She placed her hand on her tiny baby bump and smiled, Ryan was happy. He had decided to stay at the mansion with her, he took the room across from her, of course he still had his condo, but his father agreed that they should live together, and that he should sell the condo. So she agreed to help him pack his things, which generally meant she sat back and told him what to do. “You want something to eat?” He asked.
“Sure, I’d love a sub.” Dani smiled. He went to a subway. Even got her chocolate chip and m&m cookies, and a ginger ale, “You’re the best lover.” She winked.
“You know it.” Ryan laughed; he passed her the sub, which had another one, probably his. “Chicken teriyaki, with lettuce, tomato, green peppers, cucumber, Swiss cheese, parmesan oregano bread, lots of pickles, mayo and sub sauce.” He stated.
“Yummy.” She laughed, Ryan drove to the condo and they went inside, he passed her sub, and grabbed the second and put it in the fridge.
“Did I mention I got you two?” He asked.
“Oh my God, I think I’m in love.” She jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck, and then gave him a peck on the lips.
Someone cleared their throat and they looked to see Jenna. “Jenna.” Ryan said, Dani rolled her eyes, and went to the table, she started eating her sub. Jenna and Ryan went to the bedroom, didn’t drown out their fight.
“And I see your appetite has grown.” A husky voice said, looking up Dani smiled and screamed running and jumping into Dylan’s arms.
“What’s wrong?” Ryan came running.
“DYLAN IS HOME! Where’s Nattie?” Dani asked.
“At the mansion,” Dylan stated. “She can’t wait to see you; she thought that you’d be there.” He set her down on her feet. “There is something different about you.”
Dani grabbed the ultrasound, “something like this?” She asked holding it up.
“Damn that is great.” Dylan smiled. “Congrats man.” Dylan said hugging Ryan.
“Thanks,” Ryan smiled.
“How did you know that it was his?” Jenna asked.
“What Jessica doesn’t understand is demon hunters only ever reproduce with other demon hunters.” Dani stated.
“Jenna, my name is Jenna.” Jenna stated.
Dani shrugged and went to eat her sub. “So how far along are you?” Dylan asked sitting down in front of Dani.
“4 months.” Dani said taking a bite of her sub. She finished her sub, and munched on one of the cookies. She sipped her ginger ale.
“Jenna I think you should go, I have to finish packing.” Ryan all but thrown her out, “Dylan can help me, now I won’t have to do it myself.” Ryan said.
“Oh sweetie you wouldn’t have done it alone, I would’ve told you how you were doing it wrong.” Dani said, but her mind went to the second sub in the fridge. She stood up and went to the fridge; she grabbed the sub and sat back down at the table.
“Once you’re done why don’t you take my car and go see Nattie, I know she’d love to see you,” Dylan smiled. “Plus I can help Ryan pack and move the important things to the mansion and the rest into storage.”
“You’re a peach Dylan.” Dani said, she finished eating and took his keys and grabbed her bag and the ultrasound and headed home. She parked Dylan’s car and headed towards the house, when Natalie ran out and squealed. The girls embraced and she placed her hands on Dani’s stomach.
“Oh my, Mr. West did tell me about the good news, but I didn’t believe it.” She stated.
Pulling out the ultrasound she showed it. “Believe it now?” Dani stated.
“Oh this baby is going so adorable. If it is a girl, I hope she looks like you, and if it’s a boy than I hope he looks like Ryan.” She said she sounded so giddy.
Smiling Dani pulled her into a hug and headed towards the mansion. They walked inside arms linked.

She was wondering were Ryan was. There was a demon on the loose and she was supposed to tell him what he was supposed to do, and how to kill it, but he didn’t show up. She was standing on the roof of the local mall, where he was supposed to meet her. She wasn’t allowed to fight this one, since it fed on the amniotic fluid, of pregnant women. Apparently it only did it when the demon was pregnant herself. The alarm went off, and she looked around she felt like she was being flown backwards, crashing through the malls glass roof. She shot the grappling gun, and before she crashed into the wall she turned her back. She released the cable and started to fall she landed on her feet, only to fall onto her ass.
Scrambling to her feet, she looked around. “Dani?” Ryan asked. “What the hell are you doing here?”
Spinning she saw Ryan and Jenna, “I tried calling you, there is a demon here. But don’t worry, I got it.” Dani snapped. She sensed the demon before it appeared, ducking out of the way, she grabbed her iron blades.
“You smell good.” The demon hissed.
“You look dead.” Dani was trying to hide her fear. Panic was rising in her. She pushed that down, and was able to pin the demon to a wall. Shoving an iron blade into the heart.
“DANI!” Natalie called. Dani stumbled and fell on her ass. The panic finally bursting the damn open. “DANI,” Natalie and Dylan rushed over.
“I’m okay.” She said, they helped her up and she looked at Ryan, who looked confused. “That demon was supposed to be taken out by you because it steals the amniotic fluid, which would kill a baby,” Dani snapped. She headed for the exit.

Ryan watched Dani storm off. He glanced at Dylan and Natalie; Natalie walked over and slapped Ryan. “You are a dick.” She hissed, and stormed off after Dani.
“Dude, Dani called you 5 times, and texted you 10 times, but you only were worried about making sure Jessica wasn’t upset with you.” Dylan stated, “She could’ve lost that baby, we’re already a low on numbers, do you or do you not want this baby?”
He didn’t wait for an answer and headed towards the girls. Ryan felt horrible, of course he wanted the baby, and all demon hunters want a son or daughter to rise in this world; to keep this world safe.
“Ryan?” Jenna asked.
“What?” He asked.
“Don’t listen to them, you didn’t do anything wrong.” Jenna said.
“Actually I did, I can’t skip my demon hunting duties.” Ryan said he headed towards his truck. He pulled his phone out, to find it out it was off; he never shut his phone off. Shaking his head, he must have shut it off; he turned it on and shoved it back into his pocket. Jenna was rushing right beside him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dylan Langston, Natalie Hoag
Happy Reading. Comment please!