Deamon Venator

Chapter Six

The door slammed and made Dani jump, moments later Jenna walked in. “What the hell is going on?” She snapped, Dani guessed that walking in and seeing another woman’s head on their boyfriends lap would be weird enough.
“Feel better?” Ryan asked.
“No,” Dani stood up and grabbed the hot water bottle and filled it up. “Can you change the sheets in your bed so I can go lay down.”
“Sure thing babe,” Ryan winked. Jenna didn’t like that too much, he disappeared into the bedroom and she went to lie down on the couch placing the bottle on her stomach. The cramps were back, apparently that was supposed to be normal with pregnancy. Same with a sore back, “Alright bed’s made.” He said taking the bottle and leading her to his room, she laid back and took the bottle she lifted her foot and Ryan took her shoes off, she wiggled out of her jeans and took her bra off. She pulled the blankets on, and rolled over. “Need a pale?” He asked.
“Probably,” she groaned. Her headache was back, and tried to fall asleep. She felt like something bit her. Jumping a little, she got out of bed, and grabbed one of his sweatpants, then headed to the kitchen; she rolled her eyes and grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge. Downing the bottle and grabbed another, Ryan was watching her, Jenna was oblivious. “Do you have any Tylenol?” She asked.
“Yeah, go lie down, and I’ll get it for you.” Ryan said he got up and went to the bathroom; Dani went to lie in bed. He came in with a couple of Tylenol and she took them with a sip of water. “You feel okay?”
“No, I have a headache, and my back hurts, it’s like something bit me.” She stated,
“Were?” He asked. She showed him her back, and he cursed. She winced, “looks like you got bit by something.”
“Is it bad?” She asked.
“I don’t think so, but if it continues to bother you, we’ll get someone to look at it.” He promised, Dani nodded and closed her eyes.

Ryan went back to sit with Jenna. He was barely able to concentrate, all he could think about was that bite. There was something familiar about it, and it wasn’t something that wasn’t a good thing. Not that it ever is when it comes to hunters. “What’s wrong babe?” Jenna asked.
“Nothing, don’t worry about it.” He muttered. “I know I’ll check the book.” He got up and went to the book shelf. He glanced over the titles until he found the one and sat back down it was all about different demons and their poison. He had no idea what he was looking for, but he had a feeling he’d find it.
“Ryan, can you put some water in the freezer for me, just so it’s ice cold?” Dani asked.
“Sure thing babe,” he called. He put the book down and headed for the fridge.
“You’re a peach, baby.” She called; he put some bottles in the freezer and then went back to the couch, he looked at Jenna who didn’t look too pleased.
“What?” He asked.
“How long are you planning to keep calling her ‘babe’?” She hissed.
“Oh that, we’ve called each other that since we were 14, nearly 11 years ago now,” he stated blankly. He grabbed the book, but had a sneaking suspicion that he wasn’t going to be reading it. “Look it’s just a word, means nothing.”
“Whatever.” Jenna snapped.
“What’s wrong?” He asked.
“I don’t remember you calling each other that before you knocked her up.” Jenna’s voice turned to sound like she wanted to kill someone.
“I just try to keep that part to ourselves when you’re not around.” He muttered. He flipped the pages.
“You know why don’t I leave so the two of you can be left alone.” She snapped, storming to the door, slamming it behind her. Rolling his eyes, and he leaned back against the couch. Dani walked out her tank top rested on the top of her thighs and looked sheepish, and looked drenched in sweat.
“I am sorry; I never wanted you two to fight.” Dani gasped, he tossed the book aside. He went to her side, she was radiating heat.
“Shit you’re burning up.” He stated, she was wheezing. He led her to a chair and then went to the bathroom and filled the tub, he then he helped her into it. “I have to find what caused that bite, and find out how to reverse this.” Ryan went to grab the book and then went back into the bathroom; he had to find the damn thing right away. He has never felt so fearful before.
He finally found the page and sighed. It was worse than he imagined, he had everything on hand to make the antidote, “do you have everything?” She asked, her teeth chattering. He looked at her.
“Yeah, but there is one thing that will be painful to get,” he answered.
“W-wh-what’s that?” She asked.
“Your blood,” he stated. She didn’t say anything just held out her wrist. “From the bite site.” She gave him a look, “during a ritual at the moons peek.”
“S-s-so I have t-t-to st-stay in the tub?” She stuttered.
“But it’s only for a two hours.” He stated. “If your temperature rises any more, you will lose the baby.”
She agreed, and he kept the door wide open, and went to make the antidote, it took almost an hour and a half. He went to check on her a couple of times; he had to get her out a couple of times, to make sure she didn’t get hypothermia. He picked her up and carried her to the table, he rolled her onto her side and put a saucer under the bite, it had swollen and he cut it open, blood slid down onto the saucer. He then mixed it into the antidote and shook it up; he placed the vial down and put a band aide on the cut. He heard the door open and looked to see Jenna.
“I don’t have time to fight with you. I have to save Dani and the baby’s life.” Ryan snapped, he sat Dani up, and put the vial to her lips. He had to force it down Dani’s throat. He clasped a hand over her mouth. “I know, but you gotta drink it.” She swallowed and looked at her, she was shivering. He laid her down and went to grab a shirt from his drawers. And then went back to Dani, he pulled her wet tank top off, and put his shirt on. She didn’t have a bra, and with Jenna here, that must’ve looked great. He went to grab a blanket and covered her. He sat down; he made sure she was nice and warm. He was extremely worried, he hoped the baby was okay, and of course Dani. “Jenna, I think you need to leave.” Ryan stated.
“What’s happening to us?” She asked he was saved from answering as she left.

Dani opened her eyes; she felt a stinging on her back. She glanced to her right and saw Ryan sleeping uncomfortably on a dining room chair. She was lying on the table, sitting up, she wrapped the blanket around her shoulders and touched Ryan’s shoulder, and he jumped looking around. “Dani, how do you feel?” He asked clearing his throat.
“Good, thank you.” Dani said.
“And the baby?” He asked.
“Well since I’m still craving pickles I’d stay the baby is just fine.” Dani smiled, he stood up.
“I’ll make you something to eat.” Ryan said, she grabbed his arm and kissed him. “What was that for?” He asked.
“For being you, for not allowing me and the baby to die, but when I see that damn demon, I plan to torture it till it screams mum.” Dani said. “The bed, check the sheet’s.” With that they both rushed to the bedroom, they found a demon the size of a fly and was able to trap it in a glass mason jar. “I take it back; I think it’ll make a good pet.”
“You say that about each demon you find adorable.” Ryan joked.
“Fine, I’ll get the iron dust, where do you keep it?” Dani asked.
“The cupboard with the rest of the herbs for antidote,” Ryan stated. She went to the kitchen and grabbed the iron dust, than went back to Ryan; she passed it to Ryan and checked to see if there was more. Thankfully there wasn’t. He put some in to the jar, and the demon disappeared. “Now, I will make some breakfast.” They walked to the kitchen. “I have something to ask you,” he said.
“What is it?” She asked, she jumped onto the counter. He passed her a jar of pickles to Dani, as he started to cook an omelet.
“Maybe we should get a condo with three bedrooms,” he said.
She had to smile. “So we can live under one roof and raise our son or daughter, and still have a room for when we bring home our respective dates?” She asked.
“Well I do believe that a kid should be raised by both parents,” he stated.
“And I think we have plenty of time to think of it, but I think I have to stay where I am… for now, because I think you only want this because of the baby,” Dani stated.
Ryan was silent a while, Dani thought maybe she overstepped and was jumping to conclusions. “Maybe your right, but I still think that kid needs to be raised by both of us.” Ryan finally stated.
“And I agree, I’d never say no to you helping me change a dirty diaper.” Dani stated.
“Well one step at a time.” He said looking at her, he winked making her laugh. She grabbed a pickle out of the jar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading. Comment please!