Status: On HIATUS

Exspes

Him

I never expected to see him, here of all places in the comfort of my own home. But like everything in my life I saw him as I was walking out of James’ apartment, as cliché as it sounds I literally bumped into him.

“uff sorry” I froze as soon as I saw it was him, my heart stopped my breathed hitched my eyes stung and my mouth felt parched.

“You” Him. We stood there staring at each other for what felt like an infinite amount of hours, I stared engulfing every feature of his face. He looked oh so different he grew out his facial hair, his hair was messier than normal and God I had to restrain every cell of my body from stopping to run to him to hold him to touch him in every aspect.

“Hey” he said his voice shaky

I shouldn’t have talked to him what I should have done was walk away, pretend as if he didn’t exist, Like I didn’t know him. That would be cruel to him. The truth is I yearned to see him again I wanted
to, I don’t know I needed closure. Except I didn’t aim for closure not really.

I cleared my throat after a while “You uh never returned the letter I sent you” he shifted uncomfortably; he stared at me and yet looked past me.

“Walt” I said softly I was so scared, so scared to say his name it felt so awfully foreign

“I was contemplating on it, I just really want to move on Elsie” he didn’t look at me as he said that. I really wanted to growl at him to look at me.

“I understand” I managed to say in a whisper. It so awful to say that I really didn’t don’t want him to move on.I guess I don’t want to move on either

I took a deep breath “I um it was nice to see you again Walter” My heart was aching but I had to walk away.

“Elsie, please, wait” I kept walking I didn’t bother to look back.

I realized I was crying my body was shaking furiously my body felt weak and I tried to stop

I really tried to stop crying but I couldn't they wouldn't stop coming down and it hurt because I realized I don’t really want to move on. I don’t want to forget God I feel awful.
♠ ♠ ♠
rewrite
Image