Sequel: Dark on Me
Status: Finished. Sequel in the works

Space Enough to Grow

Morrissey

I carefully got out of bed at what seemed like the crack of dawn. I laid for a few minutes previously and realized that I wouldn't be going back to sleep anytime soon. So might as well start the day while I'm up. I stood up straight and stretched before looking over at Kade who was completely knocked out on his back with his giant stomach on display. I smiled a little before going into the bathroom and lighting a few candles. I have no tolerance for light right now. I got out my toothbrush and poured some toothpaste on toothbrush before vigorously brushing my teeth to chase away the inevitable morning breath. After I was surely clean, I spit the contents of my mouth and exited the bathroom.

I needed coffee, blood, food. Just about anything right now. I didn't feel like showering right at the moment. So I just pulled on my jeans and left the room quietly after making sure Kade was comfortable. It was eerily quiet in the house which was not totally weird because I seemed to be the only one up. But usually someone else was at least before me. I just shrugged it off and continued walking until I reached the stairs. Sluggishly I walked down the slick floor until I reached the bottom before rounding the post and going towards the dining room. I rubbed my bare stomach as I walked through the dimmed dining room and straight to the kitchen. Everything seemed so dim and dark. Like it was darkness surrounding everything. It was really eerie and creepy even for me. The kitchen looked almost gray and sad. I frowned as I got out my glass and went over to the freezer to get a blood bag from it. I almost didn't want to move because every noise was echoing like crashing boulders to my advanced ears. But I still sat down and poured the blood into the glass. My fangs grew just a little in anticipation as the aroma of the liquid filled my nostrils. My stomach growled just a little as I lifted the glass to my lips and gulped down the contents easily. My thirst began to cease as the blood settled in my stomach and I began to feel so much better.

Just as I sat the glass down, I could hear movement upstairs. Ahhh so someone is getting up. I could use the company. With a small smile, I got up and walked towards whoever was coming down.

"Chris?" I heard someone whimper and panic rose in my stomach. It was Kade! I know his voice anywhere. Immediately I jogged across the dining room and burst through the door but stopped dead in my tracks. He was staring at me with wide eyes as streams of blood spilled from his mouth. My body was frozen solid as I watch him in shock and fear.

"I..don't feel so good" He whimpered before lurching over and violently vomiting of blood. I shook out of my trance and ran forward, grabbing him by his arms.

"Come on! We need to call Austin!" I shouted and my voice echoed throughout the house. Before I could move, Kade let out a blood curdling scream as his back arched painfully. The movement was so sudden that we both dropped to the floor.

"Kade??! Kade what's wrong!!!" I panicked as I held him to me. Blood was pouring onto my chest and dripping down my stomach. I was shaking so badly because I didn't know what to do!

"The...baby" He whispered to me weakly before throwing up another gallon of blood.

"No no no!!! The baby is too early!!! DEVIN!!!! RICKY!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I waited to hear someone running but I heard nothing but silence. I looked down at Kade who was squirming and screaming in pain. I couldn't leave him here!!!! Where the fuck are they?!?!

"DEVIN!!!! SOMEBODY!!!!" Tears streamed down my cheeks as Kade had blood covering his whole body and more spilling from his mouth. He was bathing in it and it was painful to see.

"I have to push!!!!" Kade cried in my arms and I shook my head vigorously.

"No Kade you can't! Not-" I was cut off abruptly by Kade screaming bloody murder followed by the sounds of ripping and tearing, painful bone cracking. My eyes shot down to his stomach where I ripped his shirt off him, gasping. His stomach was completely torn open and small infant like fingers were clawing their way free. Kade's ribs were sticking out like spikes and the contents of his body were on display, making me horrified and sick. This thing was killing him!!!

"Get him out Chris!!!" Kade cried to me but I remained frozen. I couldn't move. I couldn't move at all. I felt paralyzed. I couldn't shake the paralysis as the doors burst open and a bright light hit me painful. I covered my face immediately to block it out. Just as I did, Kade disappeared from my arms.

"No!! Give him back to me! KADE!" I searched blindly for him in the white light but I could not feel him. I heard distant cries of Kade. Screaming for me...


☆☆☆
I jolted awake almost immediately with a gasp. My eyes were wide as I was breathing heavily, trying to shake away what just happened. My hands were shaking violently and I was covered with sweat. I stared into the darkness, fear and pain swimming throughout my body. I touched my chest, trying to control my breathing as I heard nothing but soft snores and saw nothing but darkness.

It was just a dream

I covered my face with my clammy hands, feeling a sigh of relief as I was coming back to reality.

"Fuck..."I whispered breathlessly to myself. I could feel my heart rate slowing down gradually. Beside me, Kade began to stir around.

"Chris?" He whimpered in a very tired voice. I didn't wanna worry him so I stroked his arm softly with a slightly shaky hand. He was looking at me through sleepy eyes and I almost teared up. Just seconds ago he was dying in my dreams. I was losing him. And here he is, safe and sound. I smiled softly at him as he rubbed his eyes.

"Just a bad dream Kade. Go back to sleep" I whispered to him and he yawned in response.

"Okay..." He whispered before laying back on his side and curling up. I took a deep needed breath before laying next to him and wrapping my arms around his body. I needed him to be close to me so I would be at ease. I felt so terrified and so scared in that dream. It felt so real and I just....felt so hopeless and vulnerable. The second I couldn't feel Kade anymore was the true feeling of emptiness. Something I never want to feel again.

I kissed his cheek and held him tighter to me. I didn't want to feel empty again.

"Chris go to sleep" Kade mumbled as he snuggled into me. I smiled a little and felt any dread or pain I had slowly drift away from me.

"Yes sir" I said in an amused tone before resting my head on his and closing my eyes. I just hoped the dream wouldn't return.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its short I know! I'm busy this week but I didn't wanna leave you guys without anything! I promise this weekend the next chapter will be longer and better!!! ♡♡

May satan be with you!