Status: work in progress

Perfect Storm

Oh, Canada.

“No, do you have to go?” I ask rolling to my side in his warm and cozy bed.

“I do, but I wish that I could stay all day under the covers with you.” He has to head to the arena and then they’re off to Toronto for yet another away game. Not only is he going to be gone again for a few days, but I have to go back to work.

“I know, I know. I’m just going to miss the heck out of you.”

“I’m going to miss you too. I’ll call before we take off and when we land too” he says sitting on the bed caressing my face. “If you didn’t have to work I’d bring you with me.”

“If I didn’t have to work I would be there in a heartbeat. I’ll be watching though, wearing your jersey.”

“I’m going to need a picture of that I think. Just my jersey?”

“That can be arranged” I reply, sitting up and wrapping my arms around his shoulders from behind. “Or you can stay here.”

“I can’t.”

“I know…Are you packing this?” I ask tugging on the sweatshirt he is currently wearing.

“I wasn’t planning on it.”

“Ok then I’m taking it, holding it ransom while you are away.”

“I’m ok with that” he replies taking my hand in his.

“Good. When are you back again?”

“Wednesday.”

“That’s too long” I sigh. “How will I sleep without you next to me?”

“Neither of us will be sleeping, trust me.”

“Do we have time to get breakfast before you have to be there? Because I’m starving and I don’t want to cook anything. And it’s either we get out of here or you get your cute butt back into bed with me and cuddle.”

“I wish we had time for both. But breakfast sounds great and I know just the place to take you.”

“Do I have to put real pants on or will leggings suffice?”

“Mmmm, leggings are great, distracting but great.”

“I could just go like this” I joke, wearing only his shirt.

“Hell, no. Only I get to see this amazing sight” he says pulling me in front of him. “You’re gorgeous” I start to roll my eyes when he adds, “I mean it. You’re gorgeous, hair a mess, no makeup…”

“You too, no makeup especially.”

“Put pants on, let get breakfast” he whispers kissing me softly. “I have to finish packing, that will give you time to get ready.”

“Ok” I saw walking over to the dresser, pulling on a pair of fleece lined leggings. “Hey, when you get back you have a day or two between games right?”

“Yea, well a day then we have a home game.”

I pull a sweater over my head and walk over to my attached bathroom, putting my hair up into a messy bun. “I was thinking maybe we could go get a real Christmas tree together. We always had a fake one growing up, since we traveled so much. I’ve always wanted a real tree.”

“Sure thing, but I was hoping to head to Canada for Christmas.”

“Oh.” Since when did he planning on going away for Christmas? Did he plan on telling me before then? Why am I so bummed that he doesn’t want to spend Christmas with me? I sigh and put on a little mascara.

“Yea, it’s gorgeous this time of year. Cold though.”

“I’m sure it is.” I try to put on a smile, thinking maybe we are just on different pages after all. I love him, that’s easy, but is it enough? “Ready to go?”

“Yea let’s get some breakfast.”

We drive in silence; all I can think about is him not wanting to spend Christmas with me. I thought that we would get a tree, our tree, and decorate it together. I guess I was mistaken.

“Kaylee, are you ok babe?” he asks as he parks, taking my hand and turning towards me.

“Yea” I lie. “I’m just going to miss you.”

“I’m going to miss you too” he says giving me a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can't keep everything perfect right?! I don't want to bore you lol

Comments are always welcome.