Status: On-going

My Kind of Love

Epilogue

"Knock knock" Ricardo said as he walked into my hospital room.

Me and Gerard exchanged glances as my ex-fiancé walked into the room with a bunch of daffodils and pink balloons.

Typical he still has no clue what is happening around him. I thought as he greeted us.

"Ricardo what are you doing here?" my husband asked he moved to sit on the bed I was lying in.

"I just came to say my congratulations on your twins" he said as he handed us the gifts. "I didn’t know what you had but I bought pink balloons just in case"

"We had twin boys" I snapped as I folded my arms and rejected his gifts.

"Oh my bad. I guess these are useless" he admitted sheepishly as me and Gerard just stared at him.

"Are you done here?" Gerard asked after an awkward silence had enveloped the room.

"Uhm actually no. I was wondering if I could speak to Angelica…alone" he pleaded as he looked at Gerard.

My husband merely raised a questioning eyebrow before looking at me, silently asking if I was OK with this. When I nodded my head, he stood up and walked to the door.

"I’ll be with the nurses checking on the boys but if you need anything Cesc is outside" he assured me before walking out and leaving us alone.

"Say what you have to say Ricardo then leave" I snapped as he took a seat near my bed.

"I don’t blame you for the way you are reacting towards me right now but I just came back to tell you no matter what you think of me I really did love you. I always will" he started as I scoffed. "But I’m also happy to see you with Gerard because I can tell he truly makes you happy. Hopefully one day I’ll find the kind of love you two share but until then it warms my heart to know that you’re happy" he admitted as I gave him a skeptical look.

"Wow… who would have thought the day would come when Ricardo Alvarez would apologize" I mocked as he let me rant. "I never got to say this to you after our failed wedding but how you treated me during our relationship crushed me so badly I began to question if I was good enough for anyone. If it wasn’t for Gerard’s reassurance I doubt I’d be in the position I’m in Ricardo. Do you even understand half the pain you caused me? If you here in some hope that I’ll forgive you, I hate to break it to you but I refuse. If you want pity go get it somewhere else. Now if you don’t mind I’m tired so get out" I yelled as he looked back in shock.

He opened his mouth to say something else but I turned my back on him. He finally got the message as he stood up to walk to the door. Before he walked out he apologized once again.

`

2 years later

"Penny for your thoughts?" Gerard sang as he handed me my drink as I continued to watch the boys chase Fluffy, our puppy, around the garden.

"Just thinking back to how things have changed over three years" I said as I snuggled into him.

"You having regrets?" he asked panicked.

"No no" I reassured him. "I’m more than happy with the way things have turned out “I said as I kissed him on the cheek.

"Good because I don’t think I could really deal with you walking out on me" he admitted.

"Gerard I would never leave you. Mainly because I’m not sure I’d be able to walk out the door" I laughed as he placed a hand on my belly. "When I’m with you there’s no other place I’d rather be" I admitted as a blush crept up on his cheeks.

"You are so corny" he teased as we both giggled.

"You love makes me this way" in between laughter "and anyway you are one to talk considering you still send me pink roses anonymously" I mocked him as he kissed my nose.

"How else will you know I love you if I don’t show you every day?!" he quizzed as I smile.

Yes it was a long road but here, in Gerard’s arms, was where I belonged.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading this I hope you enjoyed the fic.