Status: ongoing

Night Visions

Chapter Nine

It's been two months since Jay and I broke up. He hasn't sent a text or called, it's like he's disappeared. My body has healed quiet well and tonight Dan and Phil were taking Kerrie and I for a night out. I sit in front of the mirror and look at myself. I smile for the first time in months and it feels good.

“Hey! Are you ready to go? They'll be here soon.” Kerrie calls down the hallway. I get up and grab my purse. I was wearing an aqua dress with matching heels and I felt beautiful.

“Yeah I'm good to go!” I call back making my way into the lounge room. Dan and Phil were already here, as I enter the room Kerrie whistles at me making the boys turn.

“Shall we make a move?” Phil asks taking Kerrie by the hand. Kerrie nods and we make our way down town. Leaving the apartment I feel Dan hold my hand.

“You look stunning.” He whispers to me. I can feel the blood pump to my cheeks, I squeeze his hand a little tighter. Kerrie and Phil were walking ahead of us, they way she walks with her head up against Phil's shoulder makes me smile.

We soon arrive at a wonderful, vibrant looking restaurant, the boys held the doors open for Kerrie and I. We were led to a lovely candle-lit table set for four, Kerrie and I sat next to each other and Dan and Phil sat opposite us. I feel Kerrie put her hand on my knee and smile at me – she was asking if I was okay – I smile and nod back at her.

-Dan's POV-

All I can do is stare at her, her laugh and her smile have me captivated. Her blue eyes sparkle like the champagne in our crystal glasses. I feel a nudge.

“Dan, you here buddy?” Phil laughs at me “You ready to pay the bill?”

“Ah yeah...” I say standing up to fondle my pockets for my wallet. I hear Ria clear her throat, I look over at her, and in her hand is my wallet.

“You should pay more attention Daniel” Kerrie giggled.

As we left the restaurant I could feel the cold air hit me.

“Jesus, it's cold! What even is London weather?” Ria exclaimed laughing. I take off my jacket and hand it to her, “Thanks Dan” she said looking into my eyes, then without warning she kissed me.