Status: ongoing

Night Visions

Chapter One

I unlock the front door to the flat I shared with my best friend Kerrie, it was quiet inside. I throw my keys into the bowl on the entry stand. Entering the bathroom I stare at myself in the mirror "Shit. How am I going to cover these up?" I ask myself looking at the bruises that covered my body. The steam from the shower was as welcoming as ever; I step under the hot water and wince as my bruises are hit forcefully by the water. Just as I was in the middle of washing my hair I hear the sounds of happy chatter. Kerrie's back and she brought Phil and Dan with her. There's a loud rapping at the bathroom door.

"Hey Ria! When did you get back?" Kerrie shouted through the door.
"About fifteen minutes ago..." I shout back.
"Oh Okay. Phil and Dan are here, just letting you know!"
"Righteo then. I'll be out soon." I say hearing her walk away.

I get out of the shower, dress myself then cover up what I can with makeup. My cheek was still a bit purple, then I hear Kerrie's loud rapping again.

"Ria, what are you doing? You've been in there for ages. Do you feel sick?" Kerrie was sounding slightly concerned now.
"No, no. I'm fine. I'll be out in a sec." I reassure her. Failing to cover up the last of the purple bruise, I give up and open the door. Kerrie's face went from a smile to a frown.
"What happened?" she asked sternly.
"Nothing. I was mugged last night, that's all. It's all okay. Nothing valuable was taken. Just a few bruises. I'm fine." She looked at me suspiciously then her expression changed to shock.
"Are you sure okay!? Where did it happen?" Kerrie asked rather loudly, sending the boys down the hallway.
"What's going o... Ria, your face what happened?" asked Phil urgently.
"Nothing! For God sakes guys. I'm fine. Just drop it." I shout.
My friends gave me almost sympathetic looks. They followed me into the kitchen.
"Now, who wants tea or coffee?" I ask once I calmed down.

Sitting down on the sofa's with Kerrie, Dan and Phil it was awkwardly quiet for a few moments. They were looking at each other... as if deciding who was to break the silence.

"Sonic anyone?" Dan blurted out.
"Yes, definitely." Phil and Kerrie said. I nodded and was so thankful that Dan had said something to change the topic.

Dan and Phil have been Kerrie’s friends for around four years now. She started dating Phil roughly two years ago now. However, I came into the picture ten years ago. Kerrie and I have been pretty much inseparable since Year 5. We’re both in our twenties now. Although Kerrie is closer to Dan and Phil than I am, I still enjoy their company.

“Hey! Are you with us?” Kerrie is snapping her fingers in my face.
“Yes, I’m here. Why?” I replied rather sluggishly. My friends looked at me oddly.
“Are you okay?” Dan asked sounding rather concerned.
“You’re rather pale...” Phil nodded.

Next thing I knew Kerrie and Dan were trying to walk me to my bedroom. I couldn’t really feel anything; all I wanted to do was sleep. My vision was going fuzzy and all I could see was shapes now.

“I can’t see...” I murmured sheepishly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Night Visions :) Feedback would be appreciated.